main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope you enjoy it even though I'm still angry you get to see it before me! :mad::p

TheYodaPagoda and TCF-1138 like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I am keeping myself avoiding spoilers mostly by all of my watching is basically Star Wars movies until Thurs 8 PM and I still have 3 and a half SW movies to go and maybe even a Mando episode (if I do watch the Mando ep before TROS I'll probably just stop as soon as the clip begins, depending if I have time)

I won't even open my youtube app now and it keeps sending me Star Wars notifications, look youtube, I'm good for now, okay?

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    ALLZ yall'z will probably be seeing it before me-I'm not seeing it until Sunday afternoon! (I like to live life in the fast lane.:cool:) No, really-I just didn't want to go see it some weeknight, after a full day at work and I'm all tired and whatnot. Sunday afternoon, I'll be relaxed, awake and focused!

That said, I will be MUCH interested in reading everyone's NSA reviews on this thread over the next few days! I will allow myself at least THAT much in pre-impression, cos out of any form of media, I respect all your opinions way over any other critic or clickbait article...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Sarge and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  4. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    The preview clip is easy to skip...at least it's nice to see something besides The Empire Strikes Back as suggested viewing after the episode's over though!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah it recommended the clip but I watched all the credits and didn't show up and turned off at the foreign language credits but I did notice there was still about 3 minutes left in the episode so I guess it is after all the credits too? Something to look into after I see the movie!

6. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm kinda looking forward to seeing a lot of this stuff after this is all over!
    I know it's a lot of effort to stay "Only-3-Trailers-and-a-Vanity-Fair-Article-Spoiler-Free," but I enjoy seeing the movies without undue influence.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  7. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Like previous films, I dropped off social media last night. Don't plan to go anywhere or look at anything until after I see the film. My showing's going to be Friday night at a nice dinner theater about an hour from here. My biggest worry even cutting myself off is always actually getting to the theater and hoping people coming out of earlier showings don't talk about it too loudly.

Sarge likes this.
  8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Alamo?? If so, I love that place. We have a couple here in Denver...

I know what you mean about people talking when I enter the theater. For TLJ, I literally covered my ears as I walked to the theater! (the one I go to has lots of teens so you know how "discreet" they can be LOL) Luckily my theater has reserved seating so I didn't have to do that for long-I arrived like 10 minutes before the movie started.

9. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Ever since before The Revenge of the Sith, I've taken to wearing headphones while in line at the theatre. But with reserved seating it's probably less of a problem, but I still don't remove my headphones until the trailers start!

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  10. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Well I thought it was amazing.
    It had everything I was hoping for, with some truly beautiful and emotional moments. Overall a very satisfying conclusion to the ST and the Saga itself. I hope everyone else enjoys it too.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I liked it even though it had some issues, like all the ST movies. And I'm glad I wasn't spoiled. Spoiler-free is the way to be! :cool:

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I saw it three times in 24 hours to make sure I had the movie committed to memory.

So, made it through the ST without sort anything major being spoiled. Well I'm pretty sure I was spoiled on Han dying in Force Awakens but only sort of knew that he did die/I had guessed he was going to die anyway before the movie even started filming so that's debatable.

TheYodaPagoda and Grievousdude like this.
  13. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    I think the only spoiler I knew beforehand, was overhearing someone mention that Kylo Ren was Han and Leia's son before TFA. It didn't bother me too much though because I guessed that they might do that.

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    so I guess we are going to be spoiler free for, like, years now, aren't we? I can feel that stress leaving my body, phew!

TheYodaPagoda and TCF-1138 like this.
  15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, it's actually quite relaxing to be able to surf the internet without fear of spoiler-sharks. :p

BigAl6ft6 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Twist: the entire plot of the next movie will leak two years in advance via a McDonald's commercial.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    the only spoiler I wasn't aware of (and I tried) was if Han or Anakin were in the film.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Dude! Spoiler tags! I still haven't seen that one! :p

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I cannot fathom being less concerned about spoilers for future films, considering I will have absolutely no familiarity with any of the characters, the state of the galaxy or anything. It's not like having some preexisting investment in a Luke or an Anakin or a Rey and wanting to be shocked at what happens with them next. Everyone will be a blank slate that I don't care if I read vague descriptions of a scene with them since I have yet to even care about the characters or the environment they happen to have stuff happening to them in. :p

TheYodaPagoda and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Luke will leave you speechless.;)

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    maybe the non-spoiler forum could be locked in amber for like a year at least until the next movie is announced.

Wait, it has ! 2022 December! Ahh! The spoilers! They're everywhere!

22. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I know the basic gist of what happens, but I have no idea how it's presented

23. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I just wanna know how leakers truly gets this info it’s shocking the whole plot was up like a month before or something.

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    2 months before a Star War movie release, especially those last 30 days, are pretty dire if you want to avoid spoilers, I pulled the spoiler plug at least before then. I think it's just that beforehand there's more plot info out there for products and so forth so that's how it gets out. JJ said he didn't show the full movie to anybody until like 3 weeks before release and that was just the cast.