main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    The "new" B-Wing:
    [​IMG]

2. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Where did you get this? Are there any pics of the "Neb-BF?"

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  3. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    A WIRED interview with Doug Chiang called "every starfighter that appeared in the movies" or something like that, no capital ships or ground vehicles unfortunately.

Pons likes this.
  4. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Ketan-Shej likes this.
  5. Darth Zack

Darth Zack Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Seems to me that the Rise of Skywalker will be THE movie for Fleet Junkies.

seeker_two and Ketan-Shej like this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    That really is awful. The paint job makes it look like it's covered in nightsoil too.

7. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    For medical reasons I won't be able to see Episode IX in theaters, but I sure hope everyone enjoys it and there is some great fleet action in it. Since I am sure I will run into spoilers eventually, it didn't stop me from ordering the visual dictionary. Can't wait to see those new cross sections :)

8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Interesting design. Not that fond of the paint scheme though.

Wow, that is the big fleet. Biggest I remember star wars, except maybe the Coruscant fleet from the 2d clone wars cartoon.

Wonder how they went from just the falcon to that. Gather every militia and psf ship in the galaxy?

9. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Interesting. Pre-loaded explanation for how the Falcon got to Bespin in ESB. Suggests that "hyperspace" isn't immediately accessible from every system... is that due to navigation issues? [face_thinking]

All possible - and without contradicting any of those concepts, even if not involving hyperspace, this could still be the propulsion system we know as the "backup hyperdrive"... [face_thinking]

I should probably admit that I'm not convinced that what Major Sorannan called the "magic door" is a literal dimension-jump, as opposed to a very weird way of looking at the GFFA. But people in the GFFA don't necessarily understand the theory behind a reverse-engineered version of a Rakatan technology they never understood in the first place, any more than we do. :p

Hmm, the ARC-170 was a multi-seat plane with a long-range recce role. That's actually not a bad analogy. :D

- The Imperial Ewok

Havoc123 and Iron_lord like this.
  10. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    The pic is down. I'll work my magic ASAP.

11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    That cockpit design is very familiar (in Real life familiar), but I can't place it.

that Wired starfighter video also confirms it's the Ghost in TROS, not just a random VCX Freighter. It's obvious it's meant to be, but it's nice to have confirmation. There's also some new renders of her movie quality model.
    [​IMG]

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    No posting of links to pirated images from TROS is permitted. We offer a lot of leeway to the Fleet Junkie Thread, but images can only be posted from official sources. Also- all TROS spoilers must be tagged. Per prior policy, this thread allows SHIP/FLEET related spoilers, but nothing about the plot specifically, especially character related stuff. The look or merits of ships from TROS can be discussed, nothing more. This will be in effect for at minimum one week post-release.

--Adm. Nick, Fleet Admiral of Literature and Chief of Space Operations

13. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I liked the fleet action.

14. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    I have a general question about Rebellion/New Republic starfighters....

There always seems to be a rivalry between the starfighters that use astromechs and the ones that have their own navicomps. Even in TLJ and RESISTANCE, the T-85 and RZ-2 were in NR service concurrently.

Which type of starfighter was generally considered the more advanced and/or tactically superior?....the astromech fighters or the navicomp fighters?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    and once again the Ghost is missing the phantom.

16. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    Saw the film at midnight. Fleet Junkies are not going to be disappointed.

17. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    No they won't.

prepare to be in tears though. I cried alot.

18. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    So did Poe.
    That scene was actually sad to me.

19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Okay! I told you it was going to work. No problem.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So many ships.

21. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Did you spot any familiar ships? I know the Ghost was in the trailer but I haven't seen any other ships mentioned. I kind of hope the Colossus makes an appearance.

22. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    There’s honestly so much to take in that I think we’ll need to wait for the DVD/blu-ray to work out exactly what’s in that fleet. I didn’t spot the Colossus but that doesn’t mean it’s not there!

23. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    Does the New Republic not get mentioned at all?

Surely some of these ships have to be NR remnants?? I mean where else could they all come from/who crews them?

I will be so disappointed if it’s not in the VD...

24. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    The VD better have entries for every single new ship design in that fleet, however minor they may be. Hell, just one clear image and a name would suffice.

Sean_Connery likes this.
  25. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I don't actually care about starfighters as much as I do about capital ships and I don't mind spoilers (so long as it follows board rules and uses spoiler tags, of course) since it'll be awhile until I watch it, so I'm just gonna ask. Are there any good new capital ship designs, or do they just reuse Imperial Star Destroyers and MonCal Cruisers en mass?