main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Not sure if it is possible to kill a Sith spirit. Is it possible to kill a Jedi Ghost? We don't know.

2. Starwarsisover

Starwarsisover Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2017
    Sorry what did you mean?

3. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    So let me get this right

Sidious created Snoke

And he sounded like Snoke in Ben's head

But when Snoke had Rey and Ben at his mercy he couldn't just take them to Sidious there and then

Why?

jc1138, revan772 and Sproj like this.
  4. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Kylo cut Snoke in half, and he was not expecting that.

themoth likes this.
  5. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    But he was expecting Kylo to kill Rey?

6. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Snoke you mean? If you are talking about Snoke, from what I recall from TLJ... yes.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  7. Starwarsisover

Dec 18, 2017
    Because Palpatine wasn’t in the plans before this film. It’s obviously retrofitted.

DarthWolvo23 and Sproj like this.
  8. Starwarsisover

Dec 18, 2017
    Why does Rey kill her grandfather? Is she conflicted? Does he try to kill her? It’s such a bizarre concept that makes little sense.

9. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    You don’t really think that the Falcon was caught in a tractor beam in ANH do you? That was Vader, practicing in his bedroom.

10. Zdarlight

Zdarlight Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2016
    One that just hit me in the shower, which I can't believe I've never thought about before -
    What's the deal with the Force-death-disappearing-act thing? We've seen Yoda, Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia and Kylo disappear/'become one with the Force' when they die, and evaporate into thin air. Yet Vader, Qui-Gon and a variety of other minor Jedi in the films have remained corporeal when they've died and their bodies have had to be cremated. It's obviously nothing to do with becoming a Force Ghost as we've seen Anakin in Ghost form... so what is it that defines whether or not a Force user disappears when they are killed, and what does it mean if they don't?

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    When did Palpatine get some action to create a son? Was it when he was all old and wrinkly?

12. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. :)

RetropME likes this.
  13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think that Palpatine are making more Snokes in TROS I think those are the previous failed experimental Snoke's that are still being kept around for research purposes. The Snoke that we see in the ST was the one attempt that succeeded.

To answer another question as to why Snoke tried to kill Rey, they never state why in the movie but maybe Snoke just didn't know that this was his master's granddaughter?

Vialco likes this.
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I got the feeling that Snoke didn't even know of Sidious. Sidious was the puppet master in the shadows. If Snoke knew of his existence, he'd most likely want to find him and kill him.

15. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    That’s something I want clarified in other material.

16. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    I think its because Snoke was simply an avatar for Palps.

17. Starwarsisover

Dec 18, 2017

18. beanoyip

beanoyip Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2016
    Pardon my question, i watched the show on the day it was released during a midnight session, still trying to get my head around it
    The part where Rey brought 2 lightsabre to battle Palpatine, were they both blue?
    And those 2 lightsabre belonged to Luke and Leia (based on the training scene, it was 1 blue and 1 green)

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Leia's saber is blue, and Luke has his ROTJ saber in the flashback, but Rey has Luke's first (Anakin's) saber. Hence, two blue sabers at the end.

Vialco, zackm and Vader0706 like this.
  20. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    He makes a pass at Jannah(?) at the end. That’s how I read his “Why don’t we find out?” line. Sure, he’s old enough to be her dad, but he isn’t known as an “old smoothie” for nothing.

Snoke wasn’t Palpatine, he was simply a kind of manufactured proxy, a puppet, a substitution for Palpatine. This will likely be discussed to death. One interpretation is possibly that Kylo and Rey were being tested, to see if they really were the Force Dyad.

21. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    So what happens with the FO fleet? The one destroyed in Exegol is the clunky Sith fleet, and then we see 3 SD falling in Bespin, Endor and Jakku but wouldn’t it be the same thing as in Aftermath were some remanents try to flee/hide? Didn’t they have Corellia and Mon Cala and other planets occupied? So the first weeks after TROS is the resistance fighting them?

and what happened to the NR after TLJ anyway? Does it still exists since they wiped the Headquarters and the senate? What will happen now? The New Improved Republic?

22. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Both of these are very good questions. Personally I'm not sure why the other Sith SDs crashed and burned around the other planets so an answer to that would be good as their destruction made no sense. And you are right, the FO fleet should still be operational and active somewhere around the place. Ironically if they followed the example of the Empire, they would have kept up the fight without any clear cut leadership - remembering their personnel were indoctrinated into being FO zealots.

As for the fate of the NR, well that was bypassed entirely in the story so the only feasible explanation is that for the time being the entire galaxy is on its own with no one in charge, so maybe this is a whole new beginning where all systems operate independently of each other. Either that or some part of the NR survived and it's they who need to rebuild the galactic government.

Regardless of how you look at it the galaxy is definitely in turmoil.

Noir Deux likes this.
  23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

It's so nice to have a gif now that can explain everything

RetropME likes this.
  24. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
  25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think it’s not a relationship situation but DNA and experimenting in labs, etc. There’s a piece of dialogue about that type of stuff and I’m going with that. Much more in line with the character.

RetropME likes this.