main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    How did Palpatine survive?

Why is Rey romantically attracted to Kylo at all?

Where did Pryde come from?

What's Jannah's story?

What happened with Rose and Finn?

What's Maz's deal?

2. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    So uhm what is story to how Anakin's lightsaber ended up at Maz's cantina?

Billy_Dee_Binks and Django Fett like this.
  3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What happened to the Snoke Clones in the tanks?

What happens to the remains of the First Order?

4. Boba_Fett_00

Boba_Fett_00 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    I must have missed it...how did Leia die?

5. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    what happened to Rey's parents? those flashback scenes went by pretty quick , were they murdered?

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @Emperor Ferus

How did Palpatine survive?

Clones, Sith occultism, Frankenstein, unnatural dark side means.

Why is Rey romantically attracted to Kylo at all?

Birds and bees.

Where did Pryde come from?

That's like asking what Jerjerrod's story is as he turns up in RotJ, or what is Needa's story, or Piett's story. They're there; Pryde himself confirmed that he served the Empire in the film.

What's Jannah's story?

Bit nonspecific.

What happened with Rose and Finn?

Unclear. Presumably they are not a couple, but who knows.

What's Maz's deal?

She's helping the Resistance... what else is there to it? She's an ancient Force user who decided this time to get involved.

@Darth Smurf - The entire Sith temple was wrecked and destroyed, Snoke clone tanks with it.

The First Order was smashed by the galaxy, thus the montage.

@Boba_Fett_00 - She reached out to Ben from across the galaxy; it killed her for the same reason Luke died.

@gezvader28 - killed with the Dagger at Palpatine's order.

qui-gon-chan and Metal Lord like this.
  7. NarcBear

NarcBear Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2019
    A few things that I'm still working out...

Why was there a map to Luke?
    Why did Lor San Tekka have it?
    Why did Maz have Luke's lightsaber?
    What's up with Kylo and the knights in Rey's vision?
    Who does Kylo think Rey is? (he's all raging when he hears about a girl in TFA.. he thinks he knows her from somewhere.. even Sidious in TROS says "she's not who you think she is") Who does he think she is?
    After 3 movies we still know nothing about the Knights of Ren and they again do nothing here.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just mainly how did Palpatine build the Sith fleet and get the manpower of millions

11-4D likes this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Why was there a map to Luke?

It's a map to the first Jedi Temple, where Luke is hiding. It's not a map to Luke...?

Why did Lor San Tekka have it?

He and Luke were allies in the hunt for Jedi knowledge.

Why did Maz have Luke's lightsaber?

No idea.

What's up with Kylo and the knights in Rey's vision?

Also no idea.

Who does Kylo think Rey is? (he's all raging when he hears about a girl in TFA.. he thinks he knows her from somewhere.. even Sidious in TROS says "she's not who you think she is") Who does he think she is?

Someone like him.

Metal Lord likes this.
  10. Jabba_Wookie

Jabba_Wookie Jedi Padawan

Dec 19, 2016
    If Kylo Ren had stepped on a grenade and died in the opening scene, would anything have changed about the ending of this movie?

I guess he wouldn't have healed Rey at the end, but everything else would have still happened.

11. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Don't know if this is an "answer" to any questions per se but I really like the idea that Palpatine's son (daughter?) was essentially a test-tube baby who ran away as soon as they had an opportunity to escape, maybe they even ran away because of Palpatine becoming emperor. I hope that's what they go with in future material as it would be about the only way I would accept Ray Palpatine.

DarthWolvo23 likes this.
  12. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Rey would've gone ahead with the Sith ritual?

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well, her family has a history of unexplained deaths caused by amount of stress and sadness.... I think she used her last energy to show a vision of Han Solo to Ben

Metal Lord and Billy_Dee_Binks like this.
  14. Jabba_Wookie

Jabba_Wookie Jedi Padawan

Dec 19, 2016
    Maybe? But we don't know if that would have worked without any exposition. Everything the Emperor and Snoke did was along the lines of "Ha, I wanted you to think that so I planted an idea". There might be no ritual at all.And she eventually killed him anyway?

Damn this was bad from a storytelling aspect.

DarthWolvo23 likes this.
  15. NarcBear

NarcBear Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2019
    Why would that enrage him?

revan772 likes this.
  16. NarcBear

NarcBear Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2019
    Also, Rey apparently has the power she does because of Palpatine, but his own son didn't seem to have it.. Or maybe he just never tapped into it? I'm not clear why Palpatine had Rey's parents killed.

17. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Ochi stabbed them with the dagger.

18. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    I agree the storytelling was sparse and the answer is unknowable. And staging a fake Sith ritual would be pretty delicious, for whatever purpose that may have been. Perhaps Plapy sensed Ben's imminent arrival and was drawing things out until then, in which case his later comment about the dyad did not result from a serendipitous discovery.

I'm just going on what I inferred to be Rey's intent in the moment, given Plapy had her over the rails in a nicely classic Plapy way. It seemed to me Rey discovered Ben's presence in an instant and his presence gave her renewed focus. Shrug.

At any rate, I don't sense a disconnect between the ritual (if not a fabrication) and Rey ultimately killing Plapy. It seemed clear to me Rey was only the vessel used by which a thousand generations of Jedi, likely acting on the will of the Force itself, to rid the galaxy of the perversion of Plapy's presence. Because that's the theme that I can sense from that portion of the narrative: perversion. The saga should be over (Anakin himself said he restored the balance), and this threat shouldn't exist, but here it is.

Metal Lord likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yellow/orange yes

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  20. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Dunno if anyone wants to have a go at this but -
    could you summarise the 'treasure hunt' plot ? Ochi and the dagger and why it has a secret key to locate that wayfinder thingy etc.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    As best as I can understand it Ochi carved the location into the Dagger and that’s about it. Luke suspected something was up with Exgol and tried to hunt it down with Lando.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  22. SWRed7

SWRed7 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Interpretation: The questions about Snoke not being able to simply take control of Rey and Kylo in TLJ is very similar to the reason the Emperor could not foresee Vader turning on him in ROTJ. I’ve always loved Luke’s line in ROTJ, “You’re overconfidence is your weakness.” One of the most overused lines by me day to day.

I believe Palpatine did not need Rey at all and even declares she is weak like her parents. Whether Palpatine convinced Rey or not to strike him down, Palpatine was confident the Final Order would take over. If he possessed Rey or not. Rey would be gone no matter what. Either fatally, or spiritually depending on her decision.

Also, my favorite part of the TLJ that I believe was well respected in this film is Yoda and Luke’s conversation discussing how failure is the greatest teacher and how she/they (interpretation) will become beyond even what they can understand.

Rey and Kylo, just like snoke were just puppets in Palpatine’s plan. However, two of them would become even greater then he is.

Final thought for now before I watch over and over to keep learning and using the imagination, Rey’s use of both of her teacher’s lightsabers combined with 1,000 generations of Jedi were far more powerful than that of Palpatine.

I’m sure I will get laughed at for some of this who have their minds made up. But, this is what I believe thus far. I’ll be back Sunday after I see it a third time.

May the force be with you. Always!

Metal Lord likes this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I reckon Palps would sit and watch them swim around doing their version of Squid Lake...Snoke Lake, well he is an opera fan.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The ending montage implies all the first order is dead. We know it’s leadership is dead.

Metal Lord likes this.
  25. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Why did we see Star Destroyers suddenly falling out of the sky at endor, Jakku and Bespin?