main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ships and Vehicles of The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Django Fett, May 1, 2019.

1. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    ^Love that derelict ship. Talk about evil. Sort of reminds me of a more shabby Lucrehulk actually, but without the circular part in the middle:

[​IMG]

InterestingLurker likes this.
  2. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    He would've had to go back to the Razor to pick up the cache of blasters which the villagers used so why not employ a little surprise air support?
    I know it wouldn't fit in with the 7 Samurai narrative but Mandy trumping the raiders AT-ST with a gunship apearing behind it's ominous red 'eyes' in the forest and obliterating it would've been hilarious...

Sarge likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    He seems to have brought the guns with him on the cart those two villagers transported him in.

vncredleader and Jabberwock2137 like this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So..the Razor Crest interior...let me see if I got this right....

Upper deck is cockpit and an ante chamber of sorts behind it with ladder access between decks on the left/port side. Bed and toilet under the cockpit in the front. Weapons locker right/starboard side across form the hatch. Troop area back towards the rear ramp has the carbonite freezing equipment and storage for the captures.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I also prefer more alien designs IMHO.

That said, I'm digging the technology in Star Wars; more tech is good tech, especially stuff we haven't seen before.

6. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Looks close enough
    [​IMG]

CampOfSorgan and Sarge like this.
  7. Jabberwock2137

Mar 16, 2013
    Had the speeder bike clips in Ep5 been adverts for say 'Joben industries'...I'd have been down the bank, the very next morning, asking for a 2nd mortgage and sod the college fund....!

8. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Does the Razor Crest have more weapons than just the cannons we see? Usually a gunship would have more than that.

9. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    He throws baby Yoda diapers out the airlock.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Seems it lacks any kinda defensive shielding and armament aside from its forward facing cannons and perhaps OK regular armor protection. Am not seeing a bomb bay either. His ship looks like a troop transport or a "civilian" model or something from a used vehicle discount lot from Lucasfilm,lol. Judging by that episode and Jango's Slave in AOTC, the Slave One has better armament and maneuverability even dogfighting a Jedi starfighter craft . Not sure of the armored protection of the Razor Crest, the bounty hunter was playing around with his prey and the Mando took a year and day conveniently to come up with a way to get him off his back cause it - but then the Jawas had no problem "destroying" his ship either.

Its still unknown to be why he left that speeder behind too.

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    That bounty hunter definitely needed to sort out his laser's convergence range.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Jabberwock2137

Mar 16, 2013
    [​IMG]

This is taking the knowing wink gig to a whole other level....!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Image not showing up for me.

14. Jabberwock2137

Mar 16, 2013
    Sorry I'm crap at tech....
    It was meant to be the Imperial troop transporter from Kenner which showed up in Ep7....only ever sold as a toy and yet a fav if you were around at the time....

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Here you go....
    [​IMG]

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

This is an interesting watch. @Bor Mullet it even has an appearance from your favorite concept artist! :p

17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    According to the new HasLab toy, yes it does. Whether this play feature is a nod to extra weaponry in Mando 2 is anybody's guess until October. :)

18. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    And an escape pod :)

Might fit in with the trailer scene of the damaged ‘Crest.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    whostheBossk and DannyD like this.
  19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    If the Razorcrest crashes and burns over Tatooine will we see the Mandalorian ending up in the Slave I?

LedReader and CampOfSorgan like this.
  20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Probably the no eye-brows master mechicanic Peli Motto will fix it up back when he goes to Tatooine again,lol.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The Razorcrest is really old school Star Wars design, it just feels right.

22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It feels right because it is totally practical. Functionality came before design, they knew what they wanted the ship to do and then added a few curves and a bare metal finish to harken back to the style of the Prequels to signal it's age. There's notes of Naboo ships, the ARC-170 and the Republic gunship there. It's not a very exciting or memorable design and because of that I won't be shedding a tear if we see the last of it in this season.

Old school Star Wars design starts with an exciting shape and then the headache of cramming in the functionality comes later (unless you're Doug Chiang of course...).

23. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    It would've been nice to see some more weapons but what's done in Season 1 is done. I'm sure they'll come up with a lot of clever surprises going forward.

If anything, a Slave 1 vs Razorcrest space battle would be a great time to show new surprises that both ships can do.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    The orb in the middle makes me think of the Death Star. A sort of tiny precursor.

25. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Perhaps these have already been posted around here. If not....

This one at first glance looks like it would be the previously posted ILM vid, but it's a conversation between Adam Savage, John Knoll, and John Goodson.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020