main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it’s implied they were shot down as Finn says there were uprisings all over the galaxy

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That armada of the people likely intervened now they were no longer afraid of the First Order.

3. Boba_Fett_00

Boba_Fett_00 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Which was what again? Sorry I only watched TLJ once and hope to never have to again. :)

Serious question BTW

4. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    This made me think of something... does anyone find it an odd coincidence that the early rumours stated the heroes would send out a transmission about how cool Luke Skywalker was, but in the final film it seems there is only a bragging transmission that had been sent out by Palpatine? Maybe a coincidence, or they could have reused the idea in a really different way.

5. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I didn't much like this plot idea either, but what I think it tries to suggest as a follow-on from TLJ is that intergalactic projection via the Force takes up a great deal of energy to perform. Luke was pretty strong, so he could project his entire appearance for a sustained period. Leia only managed to project her voice to Ben before she expired.

revan772 likes this.
  6. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    I feel like I'm flogging a dead horse with this theory but I sense that Leia wasn't just projecting her voice... she was adding her strength to Ben's to help him return.

Hence her body not disappearing until Ben's does.

7. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Ah yes, that didn't occur to me. Good spot.

Chris_Fives and HevyDevy like this.
  8. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    BB-8 had the bad feeling line in TLJ. It can be argued as to whether that was a bad idea or not (I personally enjoyed it for adding variety to the line, but can easily understand why people might not like that) but it was not ignored at all.

As for my biggest question of this film right now... Was that just a monkey that fixed Kylo's helmet? Like, not an alien that is monkey-ish, but just a regular old earth monkey? That was probably the thing that pulled me out of the film the most in all honesty.

syferdiasisalie and rayjefury like this.
  9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll repost my post from the Palpatine thread since I want opinions on it.
    I wonder if Rey had killed Palpatine and his spirit had passed unto her, would he have been in control of the body or would he just be one of many sith spirits within her? Would he have had any influence over her since it seems like the past Sith aren't influencing him?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    revan772 likes this.
  10. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011

Answered this on the other thread but Imo Rey would be effectively gone.

That is a good point about the Sith not influencing Palpatine though... I guess that was something different.

DarthTalgus likes this.
  11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It can be implied that either Leia fixed it, Leia and Rey fixed it or Rey fixed it with help from the Jedi texts. If Leia built her own lightsabre, then she probably did a lot, remember from TLJ "we have everything we need" could refer to her taking up the mantle of mentor and acknowledging she's it's time once again for her to be a Jedi.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Using the Force to reach out across the galaxy and influence another person requires a great deal of the Force; if you do it, you risk killing yourself through overexertion.

Luke created an illusion of himself halfway a galaxy away.

Leia reaches out to Ben in the same manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vialco and Ricardo Funes like this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Because she won’t embrace it and join him?

14. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Qui-gon did not dissapear bc he could not physically manifest as a ghost until later. I always thought Anakin did, just not the Vader armour.

Also, as far as the Sheev / Snoke thing, I VERY strongly believe Snoke was a living being being pupoetiered by Sheev. The line in tlj about "I see it! He strikes down his true enemy!" before dying seemed so... weird. But if Palps sinced it, he may have said it to be funny, in order to strengthen Rey's and Ben's bond. I think this is backed up by Sheev admitting to be the voice the whole time as well as admitting to creating Snoke. That way, he could then possess Rey or life drain the pair, like he did.

While i'm on it, I think he created Snoke and puppetiered him but still, Snoke was alive just basically possessed imo. Seeing this, makes it much more likely Palps was Anakin's baby daddy.

15. SWRed7

SWRed7 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Aren’t you in control of that? I’d hate to be in a position where I’d have to watch a movie.

revan772 and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Another question: How did the first order ties follow Poe through hyperspace when he was skipping? Do they all have hyperspace tracking now? (And as far as Tie fighters go, how did Kylo travel between planets in an old Imperial tie, presumably without hyperspace capabilities?)

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It was always possible to track one jump to another. It was the trick to jump multiple times and still follow them which was impossible. Simple triangulation, trajectories, speed and so forth for the first jump.

It was a TIE/FO. Which is hyperdrive equipped as far as I recall.

18. NarcBear

NarcBear Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2019
    I think there's a difference between killing someone who is just standing there vs. self defense.

19. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I want to know (very unpopular) more about the Canto Bight folks and the mega corps that really run the galaxy and dealing with it. I want that story.

There's no difference between post EP IV and post EP VI. The same bureaucracy before EP I is there. The same destabilizing of systems and economies.

I don't care Jedi or Sith or whatever religion and surface level semblances of peace and prosperity. There's more going on outside of just all of that.

my kind of scum likes this.
  20. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    How does the First Order/Final Order manage to find crews for hundreds of Star Destroyers in what seems to be a short amount of time?

The First Order conference with Kylo Ren discusses the issue of needing to find more crews from planets throughout the galaxy, but by the end of the movie the destroyers are apparently fully crewed and operational. I think Poe mentions earlier in the movie that it will take 12 hours for the fleet to be ready.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  21. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    When is the Babu Frik spin-off happening?

my kind of scum likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Final Order was ready made and included the crews no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    If Poe canonically left the New Republic for the Resistance in the "Before the Awakening" book, why does Zorii say, "You left us to join the Resistance!"

Wouldn't he have given up spice-running to join the New Republic first, then leave the NR for the Resistance without her knowledge?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Wait, I have a good one. What was Finn trying to tell Rey as they were sinking in the desert? They kept bringing it up but we never found out.

25. DarthBorealis

DarthBorealis Jedi Knight

Jan 30, 2013
    So were all the personnel on the the Sith fleet actual people or were they created via Sith alchemy?