main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rise Of Skywalker - Chosen One Prophecy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedilord27, Dec 20, 2019.

1. jedilord27

jedilord27 Jedi Knight

Sep 4, 2012
    I watched TRoS last night for the first time and one thing that somewhat irked me was when it looked like Rey is the Chosen One! Then I started to think about it and this is what I came up with.

I think that Anakin is still the Chosen One because the prophecy says the the Chosen One would bring balance to the force NOT victory over the Sith. Anakin killed every single Jedi and Sith including himself except for Luke and apparently Palpatine which created a 50/50 balance between the light and dark side of the Force. Soon afterwards Luke creates a New Jedi Order which would appear to tip the scale in favor of the Jedi once again until Ben/Kylo destroys the New Jedi Order tipping the scales in favor of the Dark Side again with Kylo, Knights of Ren, Snoke(?), and Palpatine. Fast forward to Force Awakens/Last Jedi when the scales start flipping back and forth with Rey becoming a light side user, Kylo killing Snoke, and Luke dying. Once again the scale is tipping towards the Dark side because Kylo is close to full dark, The Knights of Ren (still not sure if they are force users), and Palpatine in hiding vs Just Rey / kinda of Leia who seems to be embracing her Jedi side more in TRoS. Fast forward to Rise of Skywalker and Leia dies, Kylo turns to the light, kills Palpatine with Rey, and then Kylo dies leaving just Rey who seems to have found balance between the light and dark sides of the force becoming more of a Grey Jedi in the end.

From what I can tell Anakin brought balance to the Force confirming that he is the Chosen One and Rey brought Victory over the Sith and much needed reform to the Jedi Order from all of their cultist traditions back to into Force users who explore the depths of the Force.

Thoughts on this?

2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Here's the simple way to unify it: In a sense, both Anakin and Rey were created by Palpatine, and it took both of them to destroy him: Anakin through the dark and Rey through the light.

Balance.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Anakin says he brought balance to the force in the film itself but That’s not how I see balance. We know there are more darksiders and lightsiders who are not Jedi or Sith. Thus there was never balance at any time if we go by the 1 for 1 view

Tan-Wessel and Mostly Handless like this.
  4. jedilord27

jedilord27 Jedi Knight

Sep 4, 2012
    Looking at it 1 for 1 is the only way we can officially look at balance within canon because we do not know of those other users or groups. Also, who is to say that they are not Grey Jedi themselves or a different type of Grey Jedi who has found balance just as Rey has.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    But they aren’t at least as far as they are shown in canon

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    So for me I go back to that line in RoTS where Yoda says to Obi-Wan and Mace "A prophecy misread could have been." The Jedi downfall was their own hubris, thinking that they could not only find the chosen one but train him. For a while, I used to think maybe the prophecy meant just that there were to many force users accessing the force and diminishing its effects on things. Hence why despite as much as I didn't like it Anakin and the clones had to kill all the Jedi so to speak so there were only a few trained force users left throughout the galaxy. However, maybe it all was leading toward Rey and toward finishing what another started. That the Jedi and the Sith had to die and be gone in order for true balance to exist that the force isn't a thing that should be used for good or evil but as a whole. I know its silly and maybe I'll have a clearer idea after I see the movie.

7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    They wanted their new character to be the Chosen one so they undid the story that came before.

8. Lord_Axle

Lord_Axle Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 1, 2002
    There are 2 ways I can look at this....
    1. Anakin brought balance to the Force by killing (almost) all Jedi and all Sith.
    2. Rey is a Jedi, but it seems she has united the Jedi and Sith powers. She has a yellow lightsaber (green+red) at the end. And she can throw Force Lightning (was a Sith ability till now). Is this the balance spoken of?
    Only GL knows for sure ... and he was clear that it was Anakin.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    She isn’t the first Jedi to use force lightning but they did so in hatred so it doesn’t count

10. Lord_Axle

May 1, 2002
    Palpatine, Dooku & Snoke.Who did I miss?

11. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Yoda. He absorbed it and threw it back at Palps. ROTS.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Dooku also did it when he was a Jedi.

13. Lord_Axle

May 1, 2002
    But that was pure mastery of the Force. He did not absorb it, but contained it before sending it right back. He did not create the Lightning.......

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  14. Lord_Axle

May 1, 2002
    I assume this is from the expanded universe ............

15. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I thought you were just talking about using it not creating it.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nope Canon Master and Apprentice book

Mostly Handless likes this.
  17. Lord_Axle

May 1, 2002
    I'm just trying to understand how Rey was able to create Force Lightning without being a Dark Sider. The only 2 explanations I can think of are 1) In that instant, she had given in to anger/hate .2) She is so powerful that she can tap into all powers without using anger/hate.

18. qui-gon-chan

qui-gon-chan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 5, 2018
    3. She is a palpatine. Much lightning in her, just like her grandpa.

19. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    I like this take -

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I hated it the first time around, and they made it so much worse here.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  21. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    She was very angry.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What’s his stance personally? He’ll probably wait for fan consensus before he decides

23. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    How I see it, Disney wants a grey side Force universe, a user that has a choice to be peaceful and disciplined or angry and emotional. Rey hasn't really been trained in disciplining her feelings unless she was "programmed" to know how to control herself. I see Disney trying to make Rey more like a normal human being, having flaws and maybe later, coming back and saying, "uh-oh, I messed up" and learning from mistakes instead of calling on high discipline and not making ant mistakes- if that makes sense.

24. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    In the end , He does not believe that Anakin's arc is diminished. His thoughts on this pretty much line up with mine so I got a bit lazy and posted the link instead of typing it all out.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree with Star Wars theory? That hasn’t happened in a long time.

zackm and PadawanGussin like this.