main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Prequel References In The ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Juliemcc81, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes in that game it’s revealed that Mustafar has started to “heal” itself from the dark side

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Palpatine repeats the "the dark side of the force is a path way" line from episode 3

You hear some of the PT jedi voices talking to Rey briefly.

I think alot of it is very subtle with the PT stuff. Rey and Kylo force jump quite high during their fight like the PT jedi and the name Palpatine and Sith is basically a PT thing because that name was never mentioned in the OT.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Think of it this way, Mustafar was like a wound in the force like Malachor from KOTOR 2. You reverse its affects by your actions in Vader Immortal.

4. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    So can we assume that the trees were part of Mustafar healing itself? if so thats interesting. although it would probably go over the heads of the audience if so.

Although it would explain its less lava field scenery in Rogue one.

Palp_Faction, MarcJordan and 11-4D like this.
  5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The sith immortality part was there which is good along with the spoke lines that the dark side of the force is pathways to many abilities that some would consider unnatural. It was good to hear that because throughout the sequel trilogy the force abilities has been expanded ten fold. Rey and Kylo force jump is super compared to the prequels. They jumped very high, and the only other medium under new canon that you see this is in Rebels and of course TCW series, beside the Disney canon novels and comic books. In AOTC, you see in the Battle of Geonosis, Anakin jumping into the cart where Padme is at and the jump looks not high and bad. In Disney canon there is height and distance with the force jumps, heck you also can fly as seen in Rebels and TLJ and the small clip where Rey takes off the star destroyer and is grabbed by Chewie. That was a running jump that extended into a small float until he grabbed her.

6. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Mustafar at the beginning
    Palpatine repeating his line from ROTS word for word
    Possibly some ships in the massive fleet
    Jedi voices at the end

Thats sadly it. Everything else is just "similarities" No cameos, no name drops, no major music cues, etc.

The OT reference list is a mile long by comparison.

7. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    In the robot shop, there were old battle droids and a leg of a super battle droid.

Found: look at the minute 7:00

8. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    You probably really need to look for the battle droids. i didn't notice them.

9. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Found it, take a look, I edited my previous post.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    this theme was used more than once.

CampOfSorgan and StampidHD280pro like this.
  11. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I noticed that. It was used in TLJ too.

And in Harry Potter lol.

12. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Also Hosnian doesn't look a damn thing like Coruscant.

That's like saying Chicago's just some NYC clone, or Sao Paulo & Tokyo.

13. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    The entire plot is a resolution to Episode 3. So you get things like 'Love won't save you Padme, only my new powers can do that', here we see Sidious use his sith powers to cheat death but the true path is love.The transfer of life force has long been a strong fan theory as to why Padme 'lost the will the live'.

14. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    The chase on Jordan dessert between rocks looked very similar to the Ep I race :p

15. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I suppose the lightning deflecting with the saber could be seen as a reference to the PT. since it doesn't happen in the OT.

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The Ending on Tatooine was in the exact same place as the ending of Revenge of the Sith......

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So on prequel references,we have. Mustafar, the light saber battles and the movement of how to strike like when Kylo kills the cultist on Mustafar. Palpatine, sith lore, callbacks to his opera scene, clones and cloning. big leaps and jumps. Rey's meditadion in the beginning of the movie. Exogol has prequel influence in it, sith statues. Palpatine looks like his ROTS look in the end. blue sith lightning. the dyad being a sith prophecy. Sith eyes, more intense telepathy i think. Kijimi has some prequel nods, with battle droids and the place has little prequel look. the power to bring someone back from death darth plagueis nod. Double bladed lightsaber that has same hilt as temple guards. also she is hooded like a sith. jedi of the past speaks to her and gives her strenght.

StartCenterEnd and MarcJordan like this.
  18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Visual Dictionary apparently re-canonizes the Kybuck creature from Clone Wars micro-series. An alien guy wears a kybuck fur and hide vest.

19. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    3P0 says "I am C-3P0, human cyborg relations. How can I be of service?" when he comes back online. Exactly the same line as in TPM. I loved this!

20. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Excellent! I love this.

The most notable bit for me was Mustafar as the first planet of the movie. Also, if you think about it, Palpatine as the phantom menace all along.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep they call him the phantom emperor in sorta reference to TPM

22. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Yep! I noticed it most prominently during Poe and Zorii's conversation on Kijimi.

23. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I missed that! Great! I almost wrote above I wished Poe had literally referred to him as the phantom menace “all along”.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s the start of the crawl it says something like “the phantom emperor...”

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    the final order might just be nod to order 66.

StartCenterEnd and Avilos like this.