main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Official LACWAC Star Wars General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, May 28, 2011.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You know I had a recent thought.

How old would Hera be at the time of the ST? I know it's a very hypothetical thought, but if Leia's character is written off, what might be the odds that she might be appointed as the new General of the Resistance? We now know by FOD, which is just as much canon as the movies are, that she's on Endor with Han, Chewie, and Leia. Where could she have gone in the subsequent 30 years?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's definitely conceivable.
    She's a bit younger than Han, so age isn't an issue. I guess if there are no more plans for her after Rebels then JJ or whoever would be pretty free to use her.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I like the thought at least.
    I know in the movie forums plenty of people have been arguing about how come they haven't featured more non-human characters (I don't count Nien Nunb, Chewie, and Akbar; much less the droids). [\spoiler]

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think
    Poe steps up since he's kinda being groomed by Leia to be a leader and commander figure. No one answered Leia's call at the end so if Hera was alive she was a no show, so was Lando. All what was left of the Resistance and staunch former Alliance members and sympathizers are what we see board the Falcon at the end of the film. Not many left at all. It was a dark moment for them.

Maybe tales of Luke would help restart the fires but the reality is bad for these current Rebels. Even if Rey trains her own padawan, years will have to pass, besides Kylo has his own band of Dark Jedi and a mighty but although novice band of the usual incompetents and fools controlling it.

The mighty New Republic fleet was utterly and decisively destroyed. It would be very hard for the Resistance to rebuild in such a short time now more than ever. Before yeah had the Rebels and then the First Order acted as a kinda evil parallel. What could they do, go back to battle droids and clones, but they do not have the money unless they get involved with nefarious characters like the ones in the Prequels maybe ex-Separatists.

So far these new movies have kept other leftover Imperial Empire section off camera, the Coruscant Provisional Government that seems to have survived Starkiller's attack against their enemies the New Republic. Who knows despite the current state its in as something akin to the Wiemar Republic being a puppet of the League of Nations it could emerge as a Nazi Germany. - although the First Order largely plays that part currently.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I have to say one thing that bugs me in TFA and TLJ is that with the exception of Sidon Ithano and Ello Atsy, there isn't really any standout new alien species and unlike the PT and R1, there isn't familiar species we recognize thrown in there to balance it out a bit.

I know a lot of effort went into designing the aliens seen in Canto Bight in TLJ but I honestly don't really remember any of them at all and I kind of feel bad about that knowing how long it must have taken to bring them to the screen.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    You arent missing much with the aliens in TLJ. Canto was weird, reminded me of a cross between the PT and the 5th Element as far as designs and atmosphere.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Still waiting for any resemblance of a Togrutan besides the brief cup-of-coffee scene we got in ATOC with Shaak Ti.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    From the Art of TLJ.
    [​IMG]

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But those are side characters that if they had maybe a few seconds of screentime they'd be lucky. I'm really talking about non-humans as even secondary characters to the main story. Resistance pilots or ground troops, for example. Yes, I appreciate of course that they had more females among the Resistance than we saw among the Rebels in the OT, but it still would be nice to show how they represent not just a few human-occupied planets in the galaxy but aliens all over.

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Is that a Kaminoan?

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Good Eye! Looks like it to me.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Bump for Solo. All spoilers for the film MUST be tagged. Try to keep the majority of the discussion limited to this thread, but tagged discussion is OK in other relevant threads. I know there's a certain character from the greater saga who appears in the movie, so try to avoid giving that appearance away for at least a couple of weeks.

And again, tag everything everywhere, or I'll go zappity zappity on your ass! :emperor:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Han dies... in Episode 7
    Maul tho

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Must resist clicking on those tags.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    *hyperventilates*

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    The energy around the Star Wars Show stage was insane, I can only imagine how it felt to be in the actual room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The fact that this thread still says LACWAC amuses me

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Kathleen Kennedy hints at what might come next. This interview contains spoilers for episode IX so watch it at your own risk.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Bump for TROS. All spoilers for the film MUST be tagged. Try to keep the majority of the discussion limited to this thread, but tagged discussion is OK in other relevant threads, as long as said discussion is prefaced with a warning for TROS spoilers.

And again (again), tag everything everywhere, or I'll go zappity zappity on your ass! :emperor:

22. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Got tickets for Friday

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I have mine for tomorrow. Very excited based on everything I've heard.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Here’s my spoilerific review that I posted in a couple of other forums already:

I did like it better than The Last Jedi.

The Good:

—More Finn. Lots more Finn. Finn having stuff to do. Finn’s stormtrooper past being acknowledged.

—The Finn/Poe buddy relationship. I got distinct StormPilot vibes from the scene when Poe gave Finn a hand to lift him up the cliff.

—Lando is back! W00t!

—Jannah and Zorri. I loved both of them. Jannah was badass, and Zorri was especially badass.

—Lots of Snap Wexley. I liked him a lot in Chuck Wendig’s books.

—I actually like and pity Hux.

—Rey’s parents. The flashback there reminded me of the opening scenes of Rogue One.

—Rey’s relationship with Leia. Rey using the books to learn about the Jedi.

—Rey healing the sand worm. What can I say? I love animals.

—“Don’t tell me what things look like. Tell me what they are.” Holy hell I love Leia.

—Force Ghost Luke catching the saber. Force Ghosts Luke and Leia at the end. That made Rey calling herself a Skywalker mean something.

—Chewie’s reaction to Leia’s death. On December 27, 2016, we were all Chewie. :_|

—Kylo Ren’s Han Solo moves, especially the turn-and-point. The “Dad”—“I know” dialogue.

The Bad:

—“The dead speak!” was a stupid opening crawl.

—“Be with me. Be with me. Be with me.” is unnecessary for Jedi training.

—I don’t mind some copying and reboots but try not to be so damn obvious about it. Even my post-millennial kids commented that the Palpatine on the throne scenes “look like they copied the sixth movie.”

—Multiple Snokes in jars. Gross.

—Still trying to work out how old Palpatine’s son is, and I’m hoping that he was born around the time of ROTS. I don’t care that Palpatine reproduced, I don’t think it’s far fetched, it just came out of nowhere.

—I hope Pryde and Krennic are in the same hell for annoying GFFA Gestapo agents.

—Kylo Ren taking all of his Crabbes and Goyles with him to stalk and harass Rey. Of course I’m not sure if that’s bad or just hilariously pathetic, especially since the Crabbes and Goyles tried to beat the hell out of him at the end.

The Awful:

—That ****ing kiss can die in a fire. My theater wasn’t very full but I did hear several people laugh; my sons thought the kiss was “weird”. I may or may not have called Rey an idiot out loud.

—I didn’t have to leave the room the way I did during the interrogation scene in TFA, but I cringed and held onto the arms of my seat during the constant verbal abuse from Kylo. He even did the GFFA equivalent of taking out a car part to keep the object of his abuse from leaving the house when he destroyed the wayfinder and said “You aren’t finding Exogol without me.”

—My poor, sweet Finn. Stop giving Rey so much attention. She doesn’t deserve it.

5/10

25. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    So! When will we finally meet Lady Palpatine? Siege of Mandalore? Perhaps Grievous interrupts date-night.
    [face_coffee]:emperor: