main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rey, Finn, and Poe in future films.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthBorealis, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Jar Jar Skywalker

Jar Jar Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2017
    Nah I don't think that will happen. These characters will never be as iconic as Han, Luke and Leia.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed. I really liked these characters, and I really liked TROS... but part of what I liked about it is how well it tied up and concluded both the ST and also the Skywalker Saga. So to go back to using the characters again kind of feels like a lessening of that.

3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Future films should happen in the past eras. The first Jedi, the first Sith.

ladygrey45 likes this.
  4. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Absolutely. For now in book animated or Disney plus form.

But I foresee episodes X-XII in our future — 10 years or so down the line. It is unavoidable. It is their destiny....

5. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Kennedy has certainly spoken about exploring more stories with Rey, Finn and Poe, but I can't imagine those would be happening in a live action capacity any time soon, if at all.

themoth likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Let’s do other, more interesting things.

7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Indeed. The whole point I think should be to stop. An ending should be an ending. We have to imagine what happens next at some point, because we could always continue. Time for new stories and characters.

Bor Mullet and EHT like this.
  8. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    I feel like this thread should have a poll

DarthRosie likes this.
  9. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Exactly. These characters have been destroyed.

10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Exactly. The time to make these characters interesting was in the ST. They blew it. I don’t want to see them anymore.

Def Trooper and Emperor Ferus like this.
  11. Anakin Generation

Anakin Generation Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2019
    Do not think you won't see iconic Star Wars characters in the next Star Wars Movies. Rumors here, rumors there, don't trust the rumors and have Faith in The Force :).

12. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I would like to see more of them, but based on their comments about being done with Star Wars, I think it will be a long time until we see these characters again in live action, if at all. I want to see Finn learning to use the force and see Rey in action with her new lightsaber, but it will probably be a long wait until there are any post Episode IX stories, even in comics and novels. Maybe if there is eventually a TV series set after Episode IX and based on a new character, there might be a chance for a cameo appearance by them?

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Personally, I hope not. I love the characters but I want them and the Skywalker Saga to be done with TROS.

This sums it up very well:

themoth likes this.
  14. ReySkywalkerfanboi

ReySkywalkerfanboi Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2019
    I've read a few posts saying they were done with the ST characters before TROS...

I was exactly the same!

I don't know how JJ and company did it, but they completely turned me around with Rise. Rey Skywalker is now my favorite character in all of Star Wars, and Ben Solo is right up there. I really, REALLY hope they bring Daisey back in the near future to reprise this role.

*fingers crossed*

15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I think that Daisy now needs to prove her worth in other films, as she needs to show she can play in a variety of roles, and not become a member of the "single-role" Hollywood club.

I think that when she is older and when the ST had time to mature, maybe we can have a continuation of Rey's adventures.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    DarthSprinkles likes this.
  16. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I think, maybe 7+ years down the line, we should get a Finn: Jedi Knight movie, paying off the promise of the awakening he so obviously was meant to have starting in TFA, only continued in JJ interviews post-TRoS. Boyega is a strong actor, a solo movie would remove the need for galaxy-altering action, and thru him as a lens, we could see the formation of a new Jedi order. I'm assuming he'll be one of the first, after Rey.

Raquel and TCF-1138 like this.
  17. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Finn was vastly underused in the ST, so I'd love to see a few films with him.

Raquel likes this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I mean, it's strongly hinted at in TROS, not just in post-TROS interviews. But apart from that, yeah - I completely agree. A Finn: Jedi Knight stand alone movie would be fantastic.

19. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Star Wars: That Kid With the Broom

Def Trooper likes this.
  20. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    As much as I hate to say it, I've no real interest.

Finn had so much promise; promise I feel wasn't delivered upon. And while I thought Poe was fun, I kind of feel as though he's served his purpose. I suppose I'd be mildly curious if either showed up again. I'm not chomping at the bit.

I'm afraid I was so let down by choices made with Rey that, right now, I feel like I actively don't want any more of the character. Just burned out.

I rather enjoyed Adam's work, so some more of him might've been cool.

But Ben's dead.

Yeah. [face_plain]

I feel like I'm being a downer, and that kind of stinks. I mean, there were aspects of the ST that I enjoyed. Some things quite a bit. But it is what it is.

Anyway, just my [​IMG].02. [face_coffee]:vader:

Ruffmeian likes this.
  21. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I posted this on Poe's thread... but... I think Oscar Isaac is 100% over it:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  22. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    this would be cool and her starting her own Jedi order

Tython Awakening and Raquel like this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If not future films, I definitely would like to see them continue in an animated show. Especially Rey and Finn as Jedi.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. dragonpiece

dragonpiece Jedi Knight

Aug 4, 2014
    I mean, it seems weird all 3 of the main cast are so against it in the press don't you think? I feel like Disney is in negotiations for future projects and want them to act like this.

25. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I would suspect that too normally, but Oscar doesn’t -need- other projects. Just like Adam Driver doesn’t. And the way Keri Russel responded seemed taken back genuine to me. I’m inferring, obviously. But I can’t imagine the way the cast is responding is at all good
    promotion.