main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Resistance Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 8, 2019.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Same

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Not even sure why I still watch this crapfest. It sucks yet I keep going.

3. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I have definitely felt the same but the last two eps have actually been decent.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    The show is so horrible. I don’t even know the character names. Can’t bother to learn them. I just call main kid the idiot. I actually liked and had hope the show was turning around with the S2 opening but nope. I did like the “curse” Ep and this past Ep with Pirate Girl saving the day.

Master_Rebado and Sproj like this.
  5. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    This show has had a history of looking like it is going somewhere only to then once again go back to horrible. It is coming to an end very son though now, so hopefully it is full steam ahead from here.

indydefense likes this.
  6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Last episode was really good!

7. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Just read the summaries for the last five episodes and no spoilers, but, I’ve given up on hoping that they’ll focus on Kaz’s family this season. That holomessage from Kaz’s dad was just shoehorned in as an excuse to not have Kaz deal with losing his family.

8. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I like that we have finally had three good episodes back to back, hoping it finishes on a real high.

Jedi Daniel and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    so what episode do u think kylo is showing up in

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Episodes are produced well in advance of airing so Oscar could have recorded his lines a while ago.

indydefense and MCAdventureCity like this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think I've determined why I have had such a problem with this season. It's completely ignored anything that could be remotely interesting about this time in favor of just (for the most part) boring and repetitive fetch quests. We know that at some point during the season it passed TLJ because we see Hux visit that refueling station. Since he never left Supremacy during TLJ that episode had to have been after Crait. The First Order has had this massive power shift with Snoke being killed and Kylo taking over and yet the show never even mentions it. It never mentions that Phasma who was an actual character on the show last season is now dead. It never mentions that the Resistance has been nearly wiped out or deal with Leia's message to her allies. I mean why is this show even called Resistance? It has only the slightest connection to that organization.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think that's the primary problem. But I fear all of that is because, for one reason or another, they were not allowed to.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree and I think that was a really bad decision on LFL's part. Either delay the season until after TROS or just don't worry about these non-existent mysteries. We know Snoke is dead, we know Kylo has taken over, we know the Resistance will have to rebuild somehow. Don't hamstring your writers and just let them tell the damn story of what happened next.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, I think that the Mandalorian makes this case the most strongly, actually. If you create non-mainline stories, let the creators run much freer than you'd normally be comfortable with. If there's a continuity issue as a result, somewhere down the line, just deal with it the way George dealt with it: ignore it.

Sproj and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  16. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    You guys have nailed the problem with it. They should have called it Colossus or something.

17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    The mystery box approach to storytelling sucks. It also ruined the first half of Agents of Shield’s first season, and as a result, the best cable TV Marvel show (that isn’t called Legion) sort of lost a lot of fans out of the gate.

TheMDOSS1313, Sproj and cwustudent like this.
  18. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Sure did and by the time it finally crossed over with Winter Soldier and got REALLY good, it was too late for many to return.

19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    And some of us kept watching beyond that and wondered why they stopped with occasional references to the movies.

Sproj likes this.
  20. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I'm starting to wonder if the rumors are true, that they were planning at least one more season, but they cancelled it 'cause of bad ratings.

21. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    It's been pretty obvious for some time.

TheMDOSS1313 and cwustudent like this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  23. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Well...that looks cool! And given how well this show has picked up in the last couple of episodes, I suspect they may just stick the landing of an overall average dive.

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I must say I hated this show until 3/4 of season 1
    Now it's much better.

25. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Ya know, it'd be nice if the space battles had a little more going on than "spend a few minutes chasing one another until the plot demands the scene changes and all the TIEs are immediately destroyed"

Have ships land glancing blows, show some sparks and smoke and shield flares to show that the First Order ships can take a few punches before popping while giving the heroes some illusion of being in danger