main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Different cuts of Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StampidHD280pro, Dec 30, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Has anyone else noticed slight differences in the film? I saw it in the theater and also acquired a bootleg copy with Chinese subtitles (some of you may know which one I'm referring to). I seem to have come across two differences between what I remember at the theater and what is in the Chinese-subtitled version.

1. Hux's reveal when he says, "I'm the spy." I seem to remember him saying it with a big grin on his face, saying it in a big exaggerated manner, which was my biggest laugh when I saw it in the theater. But in the bootleg copy, he says it calmly and coldly.

2. Kylo telling Rey she's a Palpatine. In the theater and in an audio clip I just heard on Rebel Force Radio, he says "You're Palpatine's granddaughter." But in the bootleg he says something along the lines of "My mother was the daughter of Anakin Skywalker. Your father was the son of Palpatine."

Has anyone else noticed these or other differences or help me confirm this?

2. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    1. I don't remember Hux saying that line with a grin. You might be misremembering.

2. Kylo says both lines during that scene.

3. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Aw. You're probably right. It was way funnier the way I remembered it.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I've seen it twice in theaters and I also thought Hux seemed much more excited the first time, which made me laugh.
    Strange! [face_thinking]

StampidHD280pro likes this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The only differences in cuts of TROS is that the lesbian kiss at the end was removed in a few countries. Furthermore, let's not discuss bootleg versions of the film here. Locking.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.