main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Fanon Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanonSock, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @Anedon Would the Blue Bloods refer to themselves as free lances, free blades or free blasters or some other way to say "warrior for hire"?

2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Not sure, many of their members are rather cynical deep down, broken by the loss of their status and lack of perscpective in life, beyond fighting. So maybe they would use some euphemisms on the surface, derp down they know they are just another merecenary group, which depresses them to no end. A lot of their bravery is enven caused by the suicidal tendencies of several members.

Gamiel likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    sorry but I don't see how that answer my question.

4. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    But witch kind of one? Free blaster, mercenary, landsraumsknecht, hired gun, soldiers of fortune, sileraioi, free company, condottieri, galloglass, stratioti, or any other kind? Or can I pic any one I find fitting?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  6. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    A Free Company perhaps?

Gamiel likes this.
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Soldiers of Fortune.

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I may have the wrong end of the stick here, but your use of "free blades" and "free blasters" makes me think that you feel that "free lances" means "warrior for hire", and are trying to apply the 'free' prefix to other common weapons.

I see "free lances" as a typo, while the words "freelance" and "freelancers" can be used to describe someone who is working for themselves. Doesn't have to be a merc, either.

You can have freelance journalists, who get the story, and then shop around media outlets to see who wants to buy the story. They are not using lances. It is just a term that means working for yourself.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Daneira likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    To quote Wiktionary, the term 'free lance' is from "free +‎ lance. Coined by Sir Walter Scott (1771–1832) in Ivanhoe (1820) to describe a medieval mercenary warrior or "free-lance" (indicating that the lance is not sworn to any lord's services). It changed to a figurative noun around the 1860s and was recognized as a verb in 1903 by authorities such as the Oxford English Dictionary. In modern times the term has morphed into an adjective, a verb, and an adverb, as well as the derivative noun freelancer."

I have seen many fantasy, and I think at least one SF, settings using 'free blade' as another way of saying soldier-/warrior-for-hire.

'Free blaster' is my own SF variation of that kind of words.

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, "freelancer" with no space in between, means to work for yourself, so to me, is a viable way of mercenaries to refer for themselves. Did your Wiktionary not mention the word?

To my knowledge, "free lance" as two words, or hyphenated in "free-lance" is not in contemporary English usage, so that is why it looks like a typo to me.

I would have had just as much difficulty as Anedon in answering your terminology question. Five of your options I had never heard off - landsraumsknecht, sileraioi, condottieri, galloglass, stratioti - and six if we include the one you admitted you just made up, Free blaster.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    --------------------

Well, SW do take place a long long time ago after all. :p

12. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I finally came up with a story idea for the Fanon Challenge. Unfortunately, my family is on vacation this week and I haven’t had any time to work on it. I hope that I can get started on it next week when we’re home. So, @Gamiel, I beg your indulgence, and I will have a belated entry for you. [:D]

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, I too am a little worried about being able to complete something by... well... tomorrow! I really didn't plan this very well and feel really sorry about this. [face_blush]. I hope you will have a good birthday tomorrow all the same, @Gamiel . :)

Gamiel and Raissa Baiard like this.
  14. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    It's been so long since I've been on here, I can't remember what I'm supposed to do with my challenge entry now that it's done. I posted it in my "Viridian Meditations" thread.

"Corporations" was not the easiest thing for me to work with. :) But there it is.

Ewok Poet, Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  15. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    Ohmigosh, an entry! [face_dancing] That’s fantastic, @Viridian-Maiden—thanks so much for coming through! I’ve added it to the index on p. 56, post 1378. :)

So, since there are no other entries, it looks like you are the default winner of this challenge—congratulations! =D= And since colors were offered in the original challenge post, I’m going to loop in the two mods who are currently around: @Briannakin and @Mira_Jade. Thanks so much once again for being part of this! :)

Now, I’m going to do one extra little thing here that I don’t often do, but am going to in this case because this challenge was dedicated to a specific person whom I wouldn’t want to go unappreciated. I hereby declare...

[​IMG]
    [face_dancing] The GAMIEL GAMES Bonus Round! [face_dancing]
    This is an ad-hoc extension of the Gamiel Games through January 6, 2020, a month from the original deadline of December 6. No colors or voting this time—this is going to be noncompetitive and completely pressure-free—but you’re still welcome to work on the prompts you originally received in the original challenge post in order to show appreciation for @Gamiel. I’ll add them to the original index and label them “bonus round.”

Have fun, happy writing, and as always, feel free to ask any questions! :)

Viridian-Maiden and Gamiel like this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I completely forgot about this.

I have too much going on, with the roleplaying, to even address my own WIPs, let alone challenges.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Kahara and Lady_Misty like this.
  18. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Fanon post for December

The Nagai and their Empire

This post is mainly centered around the species of Nagai, I will try my best not to repeat the Wookiepedia information's but instead focus on my fanon ideas.Also more to come currently trying to put the rest of the bits and pieces I have in order and will add them to the post soon. Just wanted to get this out for December just in case I get another fanon idea in January. ;)

Species Origin

The Nagai are, like the Sephi, an offshoot of the Athenar who developed at some point after the disappearance of the celestials from the galaxy from a group of Athenar refugees who took shelter in the satellite galaxy Firefist. Nobody knows exactly what caused them to develop different but these days they are their own species. Notable differences to the Athenar include their pale white skin and near universally dark hair(Athenar have all kinds of hair colors). Also why they live up to several centuries the Nagai don´t live as long as the Athenar do, though on the flipside they are not so emotionally fragile as the Athenar are. Some claim the Nagai´s differences to their ancestors don´t actually hail from anything biologically but are instead a byproduct of their worship of the Son, though this account has never been proven.

Cast System

The Nagai´s cast system has an individual's worth determined by their skills rather than birth as everyone can raise into a higher cast by their actions, especially during war times. During the Tof war the cast system suffered a heavy blow but as eventually restored, if somewhat changed in favor of some casts.

The casts are:

Archon: Nobles and Leaders, usually force sensitive. The only cast determined solely by birth as any force sensitive child can become a part of it. This means that even lower class kids could become leaders while noble children who don´t inherit their parents force skills will lose their privileges. They share the leadership of the Nagai with the Warrior cast and there is a constant struggle between both factions for leadership, after the Tof war the Warriors where on top but later the growing Alasse production which is done by the Archons has allowed them to raise in power again.

Warriors: The Nagai being a warlike people have actually several different warrior (sub)casts, depending on a soldiers position and rank. Void based fighters are separated from ground forces(though all soldiers are required to know both types of combat to some extend), Commanders from common soldiers. Since the Tof war the Warrior Leaders have become basically slightly higher in standing to the Archons, though the growing importance of Alasse in Nagai society is slowly but surely dragging them back below them.

Craftsmen: All Nagai who aren´t force sensitive nor skilled enough to be warriors are grouped together as craftsmen. They take care of any and all manual work that is needed in the empire, and like the warriors have dozens of subcasts depending on the kind of job.

Slaves: Non Nagai taken prisoner during raids or gifted to the Nagai as tribute by their subjects. Mainly used for manual labor these beings where in past times kept on a short leash via transmitters but these days often they are simply made addictive to Alasse to control them. Given their arrogance and believe of their superiority the Nagai don´t really keep slaves in their cities but instead largely in mines or plantation complexes while they have themselves be served by droids.

Alasse

The reason for the Nagai´s rise since the Tof war is mainly Alasse, a medicine designed by the Athenar that turns into an addictive drug for pretty much every other species. It will cure an individual's every disease with ease and even reinvigorate one´s body. Making the person who takes it healthy and full of energy. Also people taking it regularly will live considerably longer(around 50 percent on average) the those who don´t take it. But these benefits come with a massive drawback, as the contents of the drug can easily cleanse the body of disease it will lead to the body becoming reliant on it more and more as the body´s own immune system becomes weaker and weaker the longer it is taken. If one, after getting addicted stops using the drug their health will deteriorate to an insane degree that could even kill them depending on how reliant their body has become of it. Also overuse of the drug leads to a lowered fertility rate in any group using it.

Alasse was created by the celestials during their height and up until the Tof war the Athenar where the only ones who understood how to create it. After the Tof war and the Athenars war with the empire that had brought both species' closer to each other again the Athenar decided to share this secret with the Nagai, with fatal consequences. Where the Athenar had the mental discipline to only take it as a medicine in true emergencies the Nagai realized the power this drug could give them. Testing it first on prisoners of war they would refine the medicine into a drug with which to control other species. First their slaves and vassals on Firefist but soon they would spread their reach out into the rest of the galaxy.

Using some of their old slaver/pirate contracts as a place to start they approached some of these pirate groups and freely distributed their new drug to them, charging only a small fee if at all. Soon the pirate gangs became addicted to the stuff and unable to produce it themselves they had to rely on the Nagai for resupply. Of course once a gang was addicted enough the Nagai would demand much higher sums of credits and eventually complete subjugation. Once a gang had become a vassal to the Nagai they would receive a steady supply of Alasse in return for a slice of their loot, the ability for the Nagai to use their bases and hyperspace routes, the providing of military aid and of course the further spreading of the drug to other pirate groups or worlds that can be subjugated with the same strategy. This has allowed the Nagai in the centuries after the battle of Yarvin to subjugate many of the galaxies pirates under their yoke, creating an invisible empire through the whole galaxy.

The exact creation methods for Alasse are unknown with not even the top scientists of the Fell-empire nor the alliance being able to figure it out. What is known is that it cannot be produced by conventional means and actually requires some form of force alchemy to perfect, which is why it can only be created by the force using Archons of the Nagai and the Seers of the Athenar. This makes the addiction an even more dangerous weapon for the Nagai.

The Invisible Empire

The Nagai´s empire stretches through the entire galaxy as from the core to the unknown regions there are many addicts under their control. People desperate to keep a steady supply of Alasse that they will do anything their Nagai masters will order them to do. Many of them are pirates but also normal people, sometimes even leaders and politicians have fallen under the drugs thrall. As for the Nagai themselves they have begun a long and drawn out campaign against the Chiss in the unknown regions trying to conquer this distant part of space as a staging ground for later invasions into the main parts of the galaxy. Lead by their fearless warrior casts who fight in the name of honor and glory their warriors have battled the Chiss many times and greatly weakened the once proud Ascendancy to the point of being send regular tribute by the advanced near humans. No one can really say how strong the Nagai truly have become but some fear their strength might rival that of the Fell empire and the alliance, making them a potential third side in the struggle for galactic dominance.

Religion

The Son, the Pale Messiah, the Dark One, the Father of Shadows, the Forsaken Child, the Keeper of Secrets, the Unforgiven, these are just a few names for the being that stands at the center of the Nagai´s worship. Some people believe this entity to be in fact the mysterious son of Mortis while others think it's actually the dark side itself. Though whether any of this is true it is known that some of the oldest and most devout Nagai Archons manage to commune with this being on occasion though any direct contact usually only leads to hardly understandable and cryptic prophesies or warnings of the future.

The Son is believed to be the Patron of the Nagai as well as outcasts and other shady folk in general. He is said to only help those who are willing and able to help themselves and looks favorably at those who can use their skills to perfection. At the same time he also despises weakness and preaches that the strong are inherently born to rule over the weak, for example that if someone was weak enough to let themselves get enslaved they deserve their fate. Though this can also lead to a situation where slaves rising up against their masters to fight might win his favor.

Of course many would compare this religion to the Sith code but there are a few noticeable differences. First is that all worshippers are expected to follow a code of honor, though between the different Nagai casts this code can be interpreted differently. The Warriors for example believe that it is forbidden to strike another worshipper down, unless they act in any way against the believes of the cult(for example through cowardice), and that agreements should only ever made between persons of respectable strength and once made never be compromised or broken. The Archon take on these things are that breaking promises are okay, if you can get away with it. Despising weakness is the reason the Nagai rarely treat with other factions, often consider them unworthy of being talked too, someone weaker will only ever be contacted to force tribute or other favors from them.

If a Nagai is caught breaking the rules of the faith there is only one chance to get back into the group. Atoners will be forced to fight in the next battle/raid flying old outdated star fighters with disabled shields. This of course has lead to an extremely high mortality rate amongst them but if they do fight honorable and survive they will be allowed to return to the fold and have their transgressions forgiven. Attacking an Atoner is considered the worst sin a Nagai can commit as it robs the outcast of his honest chance to atone for his or her sins and regain their standing. In this case the punishment is death, no chance for redemption.

Another thing their dark god asks the Nagai to do is to fight the worshippers of the light, who they see as weak, dishonorable and hypocritical. Fighting them is often seen as the proper way for a Nagai to live. Though even against them the code still applies, strong enemies or at least those who fight bravely will be treated with respect and the Nagai might even be able to treat with them. A good example for this would be the NR who won the Nagai´s respect and so the Nagai kept their peace treaty and didn´t raid them for the rest of their existence(though of course the GA was a different thing altogether and so the treaty didn´t apply to them). Another example would be the Imperial Regent Nicolas Saryn who won their respect by defeating them in battle twice which lead to the Nagai completely ceasing raiding the empire while it was under his leadership and even after his death they would leave his (chosen) homeworld Fondor alone for centuries. Weakness though is mercilessly exploited. Should a world surrender to the Nagai all they will likely achieve is having their supplies looted and at least parts of the populations dragged of as slaves. (This can actually lead to an almost paradoxical situation where a world that is far weaker than the raiding party attacking them can survive by putting up a fierce resistance and earning the Nagai´s respect. So if say the majority of warriors on a world die bravely fighting the Nagai, they might honor this sacrifice by leaving the civilians they protected unharmed and the world itself unlooted).

Though as much as the Son enjoys war against the followers of his arrogant sister, there are two groups he seems to hate even more. One are the Sith who the Nagai have largely a strong hatred for, seeing them both as pretenders and honorless cowards, though there are some Nagai who accepted the Sith code, such as Darth Nihl and outcast who fled after breaking the code of his species instead of taking his chance to atone. The other are atheists, people who don´t believe the force is real or try to apply science to it, who the Nagai seems to cherish fighting more than anyone else, often seeking to humiliate and torment them for their believes.

The religion of the Nagai is rightfully seen as evil by most of the galaxy but it would be wrong to just see them as effectively Sith. Their code is generally very alien as it can justify a warrior group drag of an entire planets population of into slavery only to then sacrifice themselves to the last man to protect a group of Nagai craftsmen without blinking an eye.

Relations to the Outside

In contrast to most modern states the Nagai don´t really have diplomatic relations with other nations. Instead the Archons prefer to work in the shadows through the subjugated pirate clans and other vassals, while the warrior cast simply desires to fight the followers of the light side and ravage their worlds with war in honor of the Son. They still maintain some sort of contact with the Mandalorians as many Mandos especially those seeking to escape the empires control over their homeworld fight for them as mercenaries and elite soldiers, who in contrast to the subjugated pirates are actually respected by the Nagai. They also are still in contact with the Athenar who these days are deeply conflicted by the Nagai. One the one hand they are disgusted at the Nagai´s doing and horrified to what they cousins twisted their act to kindness to them. On the other hand though the Nagai are still their kin and have shown the Athenar nothing but kindness since the Tof war, even going so far as to leaving the Athenar protected Teris sector completely alone. This has at least so far kept the Athenar from taking action against their darker cousins. As for the main nations of the galaxy there is little to no direct interactions with the Nagai but they have many contacts in the shadows from military commanders who won their respect to corrupt politicians and leaders who work with them for their mutual benefit. Their general approach with every factions is usually the same, probing attacks by vassals and small raiding bands, and if weakness if discovered the attacks will increase more and more.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  19. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    Happy New Year, fanonistas! Ringing in 2020 (slightly preemptively, at least in my time zone) with a couple new updates and announcements:

@Gamiel has updated two of his fanon posts: The Nirah Empire with the planet Umumuru and Spacer Surnames with some additional names (including contributions from @Lady_Misty, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, and @CernStormrunner).

@Anedon has a brand new fanon post: The Nagai and Their Empire.

Finally, five days left in the Gamiel Games Bonus Round, due January 6!

Wishing you all a fun, creative, productive, and fanon-filled New Year! [face_party]

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Suggestion: link to the Wook's page about the sephi and your post about the athenar.

By your description are they their own species toward the Athenar so you could remove “basically”

Based on how the nagai look in the comics do I suggest changing this to "their pale to white skin"

By your description do I think 'cast' is the wrong word, maybe Estates would be more fitting

But what do the archons actually do?

I don’t think you need to have “cast” here since you don’t have it for the other casts

I don’t think that slaves are considered a cast in cast societies (if they even have them) since they are not really part of society, they are property.

This is a nice concept, I like it.

Why are they attacking Chiss space? It’s on the other part of the galaxy seen from where they Nagain are coming from, meaning there is going to be a long supply and lots of uncivilized space they are going to have to move through before getting there. There should be many lesser interstellar realms that could try to take over instead.

Anedon likes this.
  21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Okay will add the links and see about the other wording changes you suggested.

Hm think casts works, not sure where your problem is with that.

Part of that is in the stuff that´s still to come when we look at their religion, but they are the most direct conact from the Nagai to their god: The Son. Other duties include adminstration of their own territory, infiltration and espionage of enemy territories and stuff like that.

Well in an age where crossing the galaxy itself takes only a few days in hyperspace I think things like long supply routes aren´t really an issue. Also I´m not sure the satelite galaxies are allways in the exact same "place" when compared to the same galaxy. The name suggest they orbit the main galaxy so they move around it, not sure about that whole concept though.

But to your question this plays more into my general post Legacy fanon, and I generally don´t tend to see the Chiss as this all powerfull hyperadvanced species who are just better at everything. I see them more as state which belives that they are the above but actually have massive internal corruption and just general complacent. So this makes them an attartive traget for the Nagai. Also the Unkown Regions feature many pirates so many opportunities for the Nagai to get vassals for their war. Third the spiritual Nagai just have a certian hatred for the atheist Chiss and of course they themselves are the chosen species so putting down the arrogant blue skins as they would put it is an added bonus. And given that the other two main power blocks the Fellpire and the Alliance(not the GA but basically a Nato like cooalition formed from its remnants) are locked into a cold war which means they have large fleets and thus are harder to raid than the isolationistic Chiss. Which is not to say the Nagai don´t raid them, they do all the time, but sensing the weakness to the Chiss they really doubled down on fighting them lately.
    Will bring up some of this in more detail when we get to "relationships with the outside".

Gamiel likes this.
  22. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Caste have a specific meaning and what you describe don't really fit into that. Caste, to my understanding, means that your social position is hereditary and that you are not really supposed to marry anybody from another caste.

Okey

To my understanding so is there only in Republic/Imperial space that you can cross the galaxy within a few days in hyperspace (and they Nagia can't use the fastest roads since they are the ones being mostly watched, if they are transporting war-material for an interstellar war so would the Republic be suspicious about that if they did it in the semi-open), with the Chiss space being surrounded by unmapped space (meaning that they have no use for Republic/Imperial space-lain maps, so they have to scout their own ways and/or use unsafe ruts, which in both cases means that they have to travel slower and are under threat from the possible locals) – all this means that it would be esier to take over some other area closer to space they know.

Now all this is something you in practice can ignore (I know the old canon have done that with the chiss and Ssi-Ruuk conflict) and it’s just me being focused on logistics.

I while I agree that it's likely that they orbit the main galaxy so would they do it as a speed that's astronomical - as in the-lifetime-of-stars will pass before you have noticed that the satellite Galaxies are actually moving.

Just wondering: how did the nagai found out about the chiss’ national atheism?

Cool.

24. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Well Nagai casts are in Ledgends so its not that I made that up. Also you aren´t suposed to intermarry. The changing aspect is more directed towards children. In times great need, children of craftsmen can be elevated into the warrior cast, Or if warrior´s children are too weak to follow their parents profession they will be bumped down to craftsmen. Or if any non Archon have a force sensetive child it will move up to that cast.

Well that is certianly true but there are a few factors I should mention:
    -this whole thing takes place over around 300 years from the end of the Toff war so it actually took quite some time for the Nagai to prepare and fight this war
    -the Nagai are and old species related to the Celestials they might have starmaps much more advanced than the main nations of the galaxy
    -they actually invaded the unkown regions step by the step, vassalizing pirates/minor worlds, building up strengh, probing the Chiss with raids to find out more about them and so on
    -they did created several fortress worlds in the unkown regions, fortified strongpoints that provided a safe resting place for pilots, have stoked material/food/equipment for months if not years, staffs of craftsmen specifically to keep the warriors equipment and spaceships working
    - and of course there is also a steady stream of supplies from their vassals and raids

Think of it like some european colonial territories, like the Portugese holdings in the Indian ocean, months away from the homeland via seatravel. There are some small heavily fortified bases for the opperations while local vassals/allies provide rescources and auxilliary forces.

Kinda though of that as well after makeing the post, but see the above for the logistics.

Either through their contacts in the UR or due to Chiss they took captive during their first probing raids. Its the usuall stragety to just a raid a few ouposts/convoys to get as much informations as possible about their foes. These informations will then determine how the Nagai continue. In case of the Chiss they learned that they are weakened through internal corruption and athesists who disrespected the force. The prime traget for war in the eyes of the Nagai.

Also update the post itself and added a bit on religion and relations to the outside, one update at least, about their military, is still to come.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Gamiel likes this.
  25. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Mysteries of the Galactic Southwest

The Galactic Southwest is an often overlooked region in the Grand scheme of things, while it does house the famous battlefield of Endor and the known industrial centers of Eriadu, Sullust and Sluis Van the Southwest is still often seen as something of a rough backwater by the rest of the galaxy. A place of mysteries and legends where the save and civilized places are located far apart from each other. A place for legends, ancient horrors and distant, enigmatic gods.

This will be a growing list, staring with one story today though I espect to have more to add in the following weeks, just wanted to get this out now so I still could post another fanon post in February if I get another idea.

The old Man

In the wilderness of Eriadu, around three days of travel from Phelar lies a lone,isolated mansion, at the edge of some cliffs overlooking the dark ocean. Inhabited by a lone old man, whose origin and even name are unkown. What is known however that mentions of this place are found as far behind as the first century after Eriadu was colonized. And it seems that since then neither the house nor its lone inhabitant have changed in any way. This of course has lead to many speculations about the old man and his nature, many have set out to figure out the truth but most already failed at gaining entry into the house, without having even seen the mysterious being. The Eriaduan goverment tolerates his presence though and they have proclaimed an edict not to bother him in any way. The only informations we have on the old man come from the few guests that actually have been granted acess into the house over the years. To gain entry one has to make a offering, as it seems whatever the old man is he is intrested in collecting artifaczs from the galaxies past. If a person can offer such a piece the old man will bid them into his house offer them a luxuriozs dinner and then proceed to play music for them for the rest of the night. Both the foid and the music are of an otherwordly quality, exellent yet strange and unfamilliar at the same time. Though they do beg the question how one lonley old man is able to offer thrse things on his own. In the morning the old man will bid his guest(s) farewell and give them a payment for the offered artifacts. These payments are never credits though, but instead something the guest needs/or wants to have. This can be objects but also pieces of advice or crucial informations on a question that was bothering them. Beyond these brief interactions any attempts to find out more about this being have proven fuitile, leaving the old man and his lonley house an unexplained mystery to the people of Eriadu and the wider galaxy.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Gamiel and Kahara like this.