main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    I'd absolutely love a SOLO series on Disney+ that was essentially a "Adventures of Han and Chewie" show -- an episodic format that allowed us to follow our heroes on a series of edgy but fun adventures.

I have absolutely zero interest in Darth Maul or anything related to Darth Maul. That story has been so worn out and retconned and re-done and re-retconned at this point it's ridiculous. Zero interest in Maul or Crimson Dawn.

Big yes to Han Solo and Chewbacca and the Millennium Falcon.

Jolee Bindo, Sarge and cwustudent like this.
  2. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I would definitely like to see Han's continued development into his ANH self, with lots of "strange stuff" happening along the way.

BigAl6ft6 and Siphonophore like this.
  3. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    If they recast Han. I like Alden, but not as Han.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Oh I thought he was seriously great as Han. I would want Alden and Donald to come back and reprise their roles. And I say bring on Qi'ra and Maul with Crimson Dawn. I think that would work really well as a TV show.

wobbits, Kylo_Ben, Kole and 8 others like this.
  5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't think they are right but i could see a Darth Maul show, he's pretty popular among fans and the general audiences know him well enough. I could see a show about him post Solo or even before.

8. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    This just came to mind. What if Disney/Lucasfilm is waiting for Solo to leave Netflix and come to Disney Plus to announce any type of successor show (I'm hoping for gangster wars).

I just looked it up: Solo comes to DIsney Plus in July so maybe they announce at Celebration in August?

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  9. Gräfin Zeppelin

Gräfin Zeppelin Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2019
    Ifs its the same qualtiy as the Mandalorian I take a show about almost anything.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He might not have known that the site is full of crap

IlhamKamaruddin and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Does the Pope wipe with gold-lined toilet paper?

Absolutely you can count me in for a SOLO TV spinoff. Just one condition, Alden and Don reprise their roles. Its a deal-breaker and a "no" if they do not because they were brilliant in SOLO and they've already got the mannerisms down pat.

12. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Definitely.

13. insideguy

insideguy Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 22, 2019
    I would love it. Therefore it will not happen.

14. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    I might be in the minority but I really enjoyed Solo and Ehrenreich as Han. But in some ways I'm glad we're not getting a follow-up, because I don't want to see any more of Darth Maul, both because of my eye-roll reaction to his resurrection and because I don't think his current actor is very good, or at least not good enough to carry a film as a credible primary antagonist.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Sarge, IlhamKamaruddin and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Within the fandom, I don’t think it’s a minority opinion to like Solo and Ehrenreich as Han.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I haven’t seen anyone say that Ehrenreich was bad as Han like ever actually. At worst I have seen “he was just okay”

Jolee Bindo and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Not at all. Great film and great cast. The story is crying out to be continued.

Jolee Bindo likes this.
  18. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Yeah you’re right, probably not a minority opinion on these boards.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Did anyone think Glover would do a bad Lando? That never even once crossed my mind. I was much more worried with Han but they both did their characters extremely well.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Gräfin Zeppelin

Gräfin Zeppelin Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2019
    I found Aldenreich Ok but having the original voice of Han Solo (Ford) in the German dub helped alot. Glover however was very good as Lando imo.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    See again you said okay my point still stands

22. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Wouldn't mind it at all actually. I think there's a lot of story to mine here and if they don't, it kind of makes Solo as it's own film kind of pointless, as a lot is left hanging by the end of itz

23. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    The most interesting part was Quira in my opinion so not really no I feel like they need to get out of this time period and tell new fresh stories like we already got Casian Andor, obi and mandoliran, something fresher. Like his story didn’t interest me but hers did.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What could be fresher then the Mandalorian? Do you want something not tied down to literally anything?

25. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    No I want it tied down like I mean like in terms of a show, the Mando is good, I’m just saying like we need something out of this era like way into the past. And going into the future brings up the problem of like why we wouldn’t see rey, Finn poe etc.