main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke/Andy Serkis Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jan 3, 2020.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    New Forum, new thread! This is the new catch-all thread for discussion of the character, and sometimes the actor who played him.

[​IMG]

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I bet he's Plagueis!

3. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    So knowing he was created by Palpatine do we think he was still his own sentient being?

I am leaning towards that, but the voice of Snoke and Vader in Kylo's head on the other hand had to be Palps.
    Like in the Rise of Kylo Ren #1 that has got to be Palpatine Kylo is hearing when the Temple gets hit by lightning. Off-topic I think the lightning was an unintentional manifestation by Kylo.

I think Snoke is cooler if he indeed had his own personality and free-will. Just that Snoke is something specifically what Palpatine wanted him to be.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  4. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    He was a snokescreen all along.

5. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    So you think he was 100% puppeted by Sidious?

6. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    So, what about this?
    [​IMG]
    Better than Han. Was this a part of Ben's 'seduction', the first stages of it? 'You have these powers too, use them'. Originally, Snoke and a 'boy' appeared in the TFA vision (Bespin hallway. Snoke Loroan's trip ended in Bespin)

Also, the name. 'I made Snoke', says Palpatine. But, did he call him Snoke too? Or did Snoke merely adopt it from someone else, just like FN-2187 did with Poe's Finn? Did 'Snoke' came from 'Snoke Loroan', via Han or Ben? Some sort of nickname? Snoke was a replicant after all, and maybe he just woke up one. It was safer for Palpatine not to give him a name and to let others do it.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Snoke was such a waste at least don’t retroactively make him a puppet

TOASTEROVEN, Shadao and cwustudent like this.
  8. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
  9. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I love that Palpatine sought to make essentially a new Dooku who could lead this new equivalent of his trade federation front. He beta tests his smaller groups and then reveals his grander plans.

Noen likes this.
  10. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    He was. He just didn't know that he was.

Sidious grew him in a vat with the express purpose of acting as a proxy to his designs and that ultimately one day kylo Ren would strike him down and continue his journey along the dark side. He was born to die.

It was definitely not what was planned all along but I'm learning to live with it. I really liked Andy Serkis's performance. It's about the only thing I enjoyed from TLJ.

Such spunk !!

Shadao likes this.
  11. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    I completely agree with the bolded, but I was referring more to Palpatine possessing him directly.

My reading is that it is more like Dooku - he thought he would benefit from serving Palpatine but was ultimately just a placeholder.
    I don't have confirmation on this though... considering there were Snoke "backups" and there is a lot to think about if Palpatine wanted Kylo to kill him.

Like when he mocks Rey and Kylo - "You've discovered something... a weakness in my apprentice?" pretending to be scared but then revealing he bridged them himself.
    This is a mind-**** if that was Palpatine talking. I'm seriously confused.

Bor Gullet likes this.
  12. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I really hated what they did with Snoke in TROS.

13. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    [​IMG]

Paparazzo and Bor Gullet like this.
  14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    We had a chance to have a new dark sider not connected to the Sith....and welp....sigh.

Bit bummed about Snokes origin reveal.

15. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    If it is any consolation (to myself as well...) Snoke is likely to be a character we learn a lot more on from the Kylo comic and TROS novelisation.

16. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    Indeed. I'm keen to see how much agency he'll actually have. On the one hand, if he is just a literal marionnette for Sidious that would justify why his words in TLJ are almost EXACTLY the kind of thing that he would say 'young fool' 'It was I' etc. On the other hand, if Palpatine sent him off thinking he was master of his own destiny that might have been risky, what if he turned on him? He had the First Order fleet under his control after all.
    You would also think it strange that Snoke would not have knowledge of his own genesis. The official material says he is an artificial humanoid but somehow imbued with force power.
    There will always be something a little disappointing about that though, he was banging on, sort of suggesting he was ancient and having seen Empires rise and fall etc and we wondered what antique battles led to his scarring. You would wonder why Sidious made him look horrible. Why not a handsome awe-inspiring figure for the First Order to rally around?. Although in the Kylo comic Ben seems shocked at the scars saying 'look what Skywalker did to you, Snoke!' , which is kind of wierd.

TOASTEROVEN and HevyDevy like this.
  17. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I actually hope Snoke is a clone of Plagueis. Killing his master and then using him as a puppet for a backup plan seems like something Palpatine would do and enjoy.

18. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Ooh. Definitely sounds from this like Snoke was originally a real guy (whether the one we see in the movies, or someone prior) and that he was involved with the Jedi at one point.

Rad.

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Him just being a clone made no sense at all and contradicts what we do know about his history.

Serpico Jones, Deliveranze and Shadao like this.
  20. SrWilson

SrWilson Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Count Dooku Mk II

Noen likes this.
  21. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    Until I see otherwise I think he was 100% just an Avatar now that we are told he was made basically. Everything Snoke dwells on in the TLJ novel is from Palpatines background and he thinks of things that happened well before that messed up body was made.

Plagueis DNA being messed with seems most likely candidate but they claimed they were really considering making Snoke female.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He's Solid Snoke. He's a clone of Big Boss Plapy

Oh god please help me @Ramza

23. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    whostheBossk and Iron_lord like this.
  24. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Except for JediPaxis I can’t trust Reddit.

25. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    So why does Snoke want Kylo to kill Rey, when he is working for Palpatine, who has been looking for his granddaughter this whole time? Is Snoke going rogue?

TOASTEROVEN, Darth Dnej and lawton like this.