main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd like to see a movie set several years after TROS where there are several Jedi spread out across the galaxy helping protect planets most vulnerable to attacks from new threats. While I want the movie to be set in a universe where there's more than one Jedi I think it would be better for the first post-TROS movie to introduce us just a couple of new Jedi instead of having a dozen Jedi characters all in the same film. Maybe they could do something like that down the road a la The Avengers but for the first post-TROS movie keep the number of Jedi small. Let us know know that there are several Jedi in the galaxy but come up with a reason that explains why 20 Jedi aren't showing up to take on the movies antagonist.

I thought the Marvel movies did a good job at not making us wonder why the Avengers aren't showing up in all the stand alone movies. Star Wars could do that too.

It would also be nice to see a couple of Jedi in a happy healthy romantic relationship.

Oh who am I kidding nothing like this is going to happen.

2Cleva, BalanceOfTheForce and Sarge like this.
  2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Same thing can be done going back 1000 years. That's why I think that the door is wide open for going way back or way forward.

Shame, they could have done at least a limited term D+ series with Rey and other new Jedi that also featured Poe and Finn in their struggles to keep the galaxy together post-TROS. I suppose they can keep Daisy in there but the other two have probably abandoned ship or will be permanently abandoned by Disney.

Okay, probably not the thread and I don't want t go further but the lack of epilogue in TROS opens up the door for telling how they manage to re-build the galaxy. Perhaps just a Rey story in how she rebuilds the Jedi order is enough. Of all the actors in the ST, Daisy seems to have the best relationship with the folks at LFL and Disney so I suppose if she's on board, they can definitely do it. Do with Rey what they never did with Luke. Even have Hamil show up from time to time in cameos. Get Filoni to work it up and I think it would be pretty good.

As for a distant future story, there's nothing they could do with a distant future that they couldn't do with a distant past. But the distant past can tell the story of early Jedi and Sith which would be intriguing to most I've spoken to.

With any luck and patience (a LOT of patience) for those wanting more SW, absence will make the heart grow fonder.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah I'm thinking it's most likely that the next film will be set in the distant past probably focusing on the origins of the Jedi and Sith.

ladygrey45 likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    A political thriller like that could easily have the potential of becoming my favorite SW film.

Tho Yor and darklordoftech like this.
  5. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I want to see The Great Hyperspace War given a film adaption. This film could continue showing the reality of hidden systems/hidden planets and how that impacts galactic civilization. Much of the Expanded Universe was driven by the spread of hyperspace technology and expansion or collapse of hyperspace routes.

Exegol in Episode 9 was a hidden system. Much of the plot in Episode 9 centers on finding the coordinates to Exegol. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Exegol

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Idea 1:

Vague, nondescript amount of time after the Saga. Possibly 100's of years. We're introduced to a quiet mountain village and find our way inside the local pub. The patrons keep to themselves, but in the back corner sits a robed Jedi monk, sipping ale, and 'just passing through'. Through side eyes and glances, they are all aware of the strange visitor.

For a long time, it was different. Everyone thought the Jedi were all but myth. Stories about the Old Republic, its guardians, that were told to children to before bed. Nothing more. But recently, things have changed. Rumors spread by locals across far flung remote worlds have made their name mentioned once again. There really isn't an Order yet. Just stories being traded telling tales of inexplainable feats of wizards coming to the rescue of those in need. Some think it's all one Jedi, some think there are more. Some think it's Luke Skywalker, which is usually met with sly smile and a quick refusal; "I am not a Skywalker. They are long gone. But I follow their teachings" In fact, the galaxy being so big, and the current Jedi being so few in number, that it's rare that a Jedi will even come across another during their travels. They communicate through the force when needed, but lead isolated lives and do the work of the force when called upon.

That is until now.

Our village gets attacked by a huge beast. Something terrifying and fun. The Jedi leaps into action, subdues the creature, and saves the locals. The Jedi is about to return to his secluded corner in the pub, when one of the locals shouts "So. There are more than one of you. Did you come for him?" "Him?" Our Jedi hero asks. "The other showed up a few months back. He lives up there".

Rest of the story would show a new threat rising, on this planet, and how two Jedi join forces to fight something strange, something dark. Perhaps showing how a new Order starts with a small group of Jedi monks finding each other, one by one, on this planet, and joining forces because they have no other choice. While a darkside presence also starts right here as well. Eventually Leading to a bigger movie where they finally confront the threat, with the help of New Republic.

Something like that. A slightly smaller movie but with all the pulpy action and world-building.

2Cleva, Darth Nave and Sarge like this.
  7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Ahsoka Tano film.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  8. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    The obvious ones for me that they'd be crazy not to put into production (in no particular order):
    *Knights of the Old Republic
    *Darth Bane
    *Darth Revan
    *Darth Vader
    *The Mandolorian War
    *Darth Maul/Boba Fett/Crimson Dawn
    *The First Jedi

DarthKreVass and lordlosh like this.
  9. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I want this so bad. This has amazing potential

10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I've been ready for origin of the Sith since 1999. I'm partial to George's origin of the Sith, the backstory in The Phantom Menace novelization, not pre-Disney EU/Legends. Also, I want Mark Hamill to voice TCW-Darth Bane on the big screen.

I like the idea of establishing goal posts for the Sith era...
    But not the Jedi. A thousand generations is too far back; origin of the Jedi should remain mysterious.

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Same here. McDiarmid could return, we could see Mas Amedda, Sly Moore, Sate Pestage, Palpatine’s advisors seen in ROTJ, etc., and we could see a duel between a Senate (blue) Guard and a Royal (red) guard.

On another note, they could make a movie about Arden Lyn, inventor of Teres Kasi (Qi’ra uses and mentions it and Jyn Erso would have used it in a deleted scene) and wife of the founder of the Sith. I like the idea that Teres Kasi was passed down from Arden Lyn all the way to Maul and Qi’ra.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I still want a starfighter squadron movie. The Dawn Patrol or Top Gun in space, preferably during the Rebellion era.

bluealien1 likes this.
  13. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Agree to disagree dig deep into that lore bring it up first jedi and sith would be so dope.

14. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Who would you want to play Darth Bane in a movie adaption?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Hell yes.

Personally though, that'd be my choice for a TV show down the line, after Obi & Cassian. You could even do it as some rival squadron thing, the real hotshots of both the Rebellion and Empire, take a handful of pilots and make actual characters of them, maybe episodes alternating between each group and their perspective.

Could do a real deep dive into the fighters themselves too, like how we've got way more of an insight into how the bounty hunter life works in the Mando, we could get all the real ins-and-outs of X-Wing/TIE stuff.

No force stuff (ie. less than Rogue One), probably an R1/Cassian type of tone to the thing, maybe set it between Empire & Jedi for something a little different (given we'll have quite a lot of pre-ANH stuff once Cassian's show is out, and Mando's covering post-Jedi).

Lots of POV shots, take some inspiration from the classic games, the works:

[​IMG]

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  16. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Where my jedi sith origin story??

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    A trilogy on the Mandalorian Wars.

Revan's Revenge likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Probably what D&W we’re working on

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    nah, that's High Republic. they came up with the era of it.

20. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I stand corrected

22. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    D&W thought up High Republic?[face_nail_biting]

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah they did, their ideas might not be too bad, their worst crimes are the story and dialouges.

24. Revan-The Prodigal Knight

Revan-The Prodigal Knight Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2020
    First time poster here, and in answer to this topic, well you can guess what new films I would like to see happen next (by my handle name), :), either as a trilogy or a series of flims spanning awhile, doesn't matter, Knights of the Old Republic needs to be canon and needs to be on the big screen in my opinion, there is so much story to tell.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  25. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    Do we have proof btw or are these just rumors about the High Republic era being next?