main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Most consistently well portrayed character

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Bee Bee, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    It's crazy to think how much Star Wars has grown as a series! Over the course of 12 theatrically released movies and numerous television series we have seen beloved characters portrayed by a variety of writers, directors, actors, etc. With so many different people involved in the creative process it seems almost inevitable that some characters may get uneven treatment or get interpreted / developed in ways that fans love or disagree with.
    My question: What is one character that you felt was handled the best over a number of different movies / tv series? (Let's say anyone who appeared in at least three different pieces of media)

As a bonus question: What is one character that you felt had the most uneven representation? I.e. you loved them in one movie / trilogy / series but really didn't like them in another.

BookExogorth likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    C3PO by far

Dandelo likes this.
  3. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Obi-Wan. Played brilliantly by each actor and the most compelling non-Skywalker character imo (Ewan's my favorite portrayal and character in the saga). My answer for the bonus question would be Luke for well documented reasons.

4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I'm gonna go with Anakin Skywalker. There are different portrayals of him, but they consistently are so important to the character. From Shaw in ROTJ, Lloyd in TPM, Christensen in AOTC, ROTS, and TROS, Lucas in the 2003-2005 CW microseries, and Lanter in TCW, each actor/voice actor brought something different yet unique to the character.

Also the EU material like the Dark Horse Republic comics just added that complexity and tapestry.

5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Seconded.

IHeartKenobi89 and Deliveranze like this.
  6. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018

I'm with you 100 percent

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'll agree with Obi-Wan. Fantastic character in every appearance.

8. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Easily the most consistent has to be Obi-Wan. Every portrayal of him has always been of a wise mentor and friend with a good sense of humour.

Palpatine has also been pretty consistent as a scheming mastermind in all of his appearances.

For most inconsistent though, as much as I like them I'm going to have to say Count Dooku and General Grievous. In the movies they were both shown as a credible threat to the Jedi and there some.

TCW did show that well in some episodes like Crisis on Naboo and Massacre, but then you also had episodes where they were captured by Pirates and Gungans respectively, which really undermined them as villans. Especially in Dooku's case with him being a Sith Lord.

9. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Obi wan.
    Palpatine
    Solo

IHeartKenobi89 likes this.
  10. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
  11. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Mace Windu.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  12. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    The protocol droid

13. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Palpatine
    Leia
    R2
    Kylo
    Obi-Wan
    Han

14. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Kylo, Obi-Wan, Luke, Vader, Han, R2, Threepio, Yoda.

I would have put Palpatine before TROS