main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Potential Threats/Antagonists For New Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by King Maul, Jan 5, 2018.

1. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Gotta go small. Make it a planetary conflict instead of a galactic conflict. Then one of the crime syndicates can be the bad guys.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Like the last 3 trilogies?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I'm thinking along the lines of a powerful external threat that leads to a bigger internal threat after disputes on how to handle it. I think that works best if we either (a) go back in time and start the Jedi order or (b) go way in the future to a time when the Force and Jedi are truly a myth that many don't believe yet there are Force users in secret.

No more Empire. No more Sith. No more Sheev. Have a complete rediscovery of the Force or, better yet, discovering it as if it were completely new and then stumble upon archives.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  4. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    That would be very nice indeed. A crime syndicate, and a hero that can use just a little of the Force, like if it was a rediscovery after thousands of years being forgotten and considered legends of the past.

5. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I want to see an approach like the Clone Wars where we visit different systems and keep building the world, encountering new threats to democracy.

One threat could be evil droids who have somehow begun to use the darkside, showing how sentient beings are sentient even if their minds seem different to humans.

6. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Watto, cobbling together all his junkshop parts into a giant mech suit.

Make it so.

7. mufclee90

mufclee90 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 23, 2017
    One thing I’ve always wondered. What exactly stops the Sith from easily coming back? The same goes for the Jedi.

Does there always have to be at least one member of each belief alive to pass on this knowledge or can they simply now just learn it from holocrons and relics/texts?

Considering there are hundreds maybe thousands of force sensitive children out there, what’s stopping any of them falling to the dark side, discovering sith holocrons and texts and just announcing themselves as Sith? Could Rey have done the same and learn the ways of the Jedi if Luke wasn’t alive?

Panakas_Dawg and Ghost like this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think TLJ made very clear the Jedi could come back that way.

As for the Sith, that gets into TROS revelations about them overall that we didn’t know before.

9. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    Can you really ever go bigger stakes again? Sith Eternal getting vanquished idea is kinda too grand to ever top again.

10. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I think this is key to the whole "Palps Rises from the Dead" thing in TROS. I think falling to the Dark Side opens one up to "possession" (for lack of a better term) by Sith spirits. Thus, new Dark Force users are led down the path by the Sith lineage before them. Technically, The Rule of Two would only apply to corporeal, living beings in a Master-Student situation. The Jedi may have never known about this powerful Dark Side ability to transfer spirits. The Jedi have Force Ghosts....the Sith have.....possession?

CernStormrunner likes this.
  11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I definitely don't think they should try to keep trying to out-epic themselves. But we can definitely have more epic stories, or stories that are epic in another way (ex: war between galaxies).

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  12. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    They could do all sith vs all Jedi like a massive war

Darth Dnej likes this.
  13. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    If they make a follow-up trilogy to the Sequel Trilogy (which could be seen as the first trilogy in a new saga), I really think we should see extra-galactic invaders. They can have some similarities to the Yuuzhan Vong, but plenty of differences. Some may argue that a droid uprising should be its own trilogy conflict, but I think it would be a good way to kick off Episode X. The extra-galactic invaders could manipulate a droid uprising against the galaxy from behind the scenes until they reveal themselves in Episode XI.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The GFFA consists of millions of planets; introducing invaders from another galaxy just seems silly to me. I never liked the Vong (that terrible 90s "living technology" fad had no place in SW IMO) and intergalactic travel opens up the uncomfortable possibility that there could be an Earth connection in future stories, which would be awful.

El_Machete12, Sarge, EHT and 6 others like this.
  15. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Yeah not sure how I feel about that I prefer dark side threata

16. KDC1972

KDC1972 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    I have to agree...while I did like the that they introduced that the Vong were "outside the force" I thought that was a cool and original concept I didn't like them growing their weapons, spacecraft and stuff like that.

A cool threat would be a similar race that the Force does not apply to--it doesn't "surround or bind" them, they are far from "luminous beings".

17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Perhaps a threat having to do with the Whills of the Force?

King Maul likes this.
  18. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2019
    I have a real fear of them trying to do an MCU/Star Wars crossover cash grab at some point in the future (unless there's some legalese preventing them from doing so that I'm not aware of.) I like Marvel movies well enough but would prefer the GFFA remain very firmly its own thing.

Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.
  19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I absolutely hope that there's never a crossover between Marvel movies (which I hate, I know, unpopular opinion) and Star Wars.

Bor Mullet and afterlight like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    No way that’s happening.

TCF-1138 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep. This is never going to happen because both Lucasfilm and Disney know it would piss off to many people

22. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I want to see the invention of light speed and how it feels like a threat. For the first time, enemies can come from a far distance.

23. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    See my thoughts when reading the NJO at first was that the Yuzzhan Vong were biological robots themselves, which is why they didn't show up in the Force.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  24. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    How about a Jedi/Preditor-esque type movie?

Team of Jedi Knights crash land on a remote planet, while answering a distress call. Stuck there, they find a destroyed village, and one single, barely alive, survivor, and a dark side presence. Their mandate insists that they help and so they search the jungles for whatever attacked them. One by one, the Jedi are then hunted and killed until there's only one left; a young padawan.

The padawan finds some weird ruined temple, makes his way inside and finally comes face to face with the 'beast', a strange dark sider, who seems to be performing some sort of dark ritual at an alter. We get an epic battle, and he luckily he outwits and kills him. The padawan takes a closer look at the alter, and finds a prophecy written in ancient Sith language telling about the One who will Balance the Force.

The padawan manages to get off planet, flies back to Coruscant, and tells Yoda (who's a few hundred years younger than our saga version) about what happened....only for it to be kept secret.

The End.

Darth Nave and CernStormrunner like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Not only that but Star Wars is mentioned numerous times as a film franchise in the MCU. So yeah not happening. Obviously.

EHT and Jedi Knight Fett like this.