main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well since the first season is over and we know that season 2 will air in fall I thought it was a good time to get discussing

Note: if the mods don’t want this thread yet feel free to lock no hard feelings.

2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    We need a place to chat about this somewhere....

Obvious plot elements:
    - The search for Baby Yoda's family.
    - Vengeful Moff Gideon, who wants The Baby, and is probably responsible for the Genocide of the Mandalorians.
    - Cara's still out there.
    - Hot shrimp fishing Widower is still waiting for her Helmet wearing lover.
    - The New Republic with its squadron of Film Directors causing troubles.
    - With Werner Herzog gone, David Lynch becomes a new client (idea stolen from Twitter)
    - Planet of the Yodas.
    - Assorted Rebels animated characters become real people.
    - Secret Sith.
    - The Hand. Boba's hand possibly.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    The Senate, Mostly Handless and BRE like this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    We'll reopen the thread next year.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    1. The search for Yoda’s people is the main journey
    2. But it gets disrupted by Gideon’s relentless pursuit. I wonder if season 2 abandons the “Mando/ Baby Yoda POV only” thing in favor of cutaways to villainous scene-chewing from Gideon?
    3. The Armorer continues to impart lore, advice and hardware, but gets in the fight more as well. She is the way.
    4. This time, the flashbacks are about the Darksaber and the Great Purge? Perhaps Bo Katan’s fate is shown?
    5. Mando’s new conflict becomes a push and pull between his duty to finding Baby Yoda’s home, and retrieving the Darksaber for his people.
    6. Perhaps Gideon gets a bounty put on his head by the Guild? And maybe Greef helps the Mandos in that way? Perhaps also including a reward for Darksaber retrieval?
    7. Major speculation: Mando finds a group of Baby Yoda’s species, but Baby Yoda refuses to join them. They’re not his parents or his family - he doesn’t know them. Mando is his father. That’s his real family now.
    8. Baby Yoda becomes a leading symbol of hope for the exiled Mandalorians.
    9. At least two awesome/ hilarious-looking alien mounts
    10. The Mandos gather again somewhere when they hear of the Darksaber. There is tension when Baby Yoda comes to the party, given the history of Mando conflict with force users. But the Armorer talks them down and affirms that Baby Yoda is a foundling, and thus, just as Mandalorian as any of them.
    11. This lays the groundwork for more alien Mandalorians. It’s not a race. It’s a creed.
    12. If Bo Katan is still alive, perhaps there’s tension between her and the Mando/ Baby Yoda clan once the other Mandos see House Jarren/ Mudhorn as a symbol of the future.
    13. Mando and Baby Yoda add more people to their Clan.
    14. Maybe Cara Dune, given her lack of duty to anything anymore (which she craves, as a former Rebel) becomes a Mandalorian herself?
    15. We visit a ruined world in the Mandalore system.
    16. A few more New Republic appearances, and some small hints at First Order shenanigans.
    17. We learn why Gideon wants Baby Yoda
    18. More clone talk (picking up from Ep 7 and the scientist)
    19. Baby Yoda does even more cute stuff, and perhaps says his first word
    20. Once the Mandos learn of the Darksaber resurfacing, they drop their hidden identities. They can now remove their helmets.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Eh I just vaguely remember the Rebels season threads and I thought they started right after the season ended. I could totally be wrong

6. Gräfin Zeppelin

Gräfin Zeppelin Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2019
    But who had the baby in the first place and why ? Those guards didnt pay themself.

7. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    My son showed me some concept art today from the second season of The Mandalorian.

If its legit, I really like the look of these round metallic-like buildings and the terrain looks very similar to that of Ahch-To. Not sure if it is legit, but hopefully it is.

Unfortunately I don't have the technical know-how in how to upload the images. Hopefully someone can if they are legit.

8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope for a Luke Skywalker cameo

whostheBossk and FettFan79 like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Do you know where your son found these?

Mostly Handless likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Once you figure out how to upload them somewhere (there are lots of websites where you can upload photos for free), please post them! But first, make sure there aren’t any identifying marks that would reveal the source.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  12. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    Apologies @Jedi Knight Fett and @Bor Mullet, I was busy at the time my son showed me and wasn't able to verify anything at that time. The pictures looked quite professional and exceptionally well done and I was quite excited by their look when I posted on here.

However, later on when I had more time and I asked my son where the website was, he said he had found it on Instagram - which now leads me to believe it was just some high quality fan art; particularly as I have searched for them and nothing has come up.

Although they were cool to look at at the time, I was a little bummed when I found out that it was some random images on Instagram.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No problem at all. You should have seen how excited I got about Kylo Ren using his lightsaber to unlock a Sith Tomb in TFA! I was sure that was happening, and I wasn’t shy about loving it. :)

15. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    Yes, I remember that one too and remember being excited about it as well.

I quizzed my son about the images this morning and that's when he mentioned it was on Instagram. I asked him to try and find it, but he couldn't - and even after a substantial look myself, it yielded no result either. What made me really excited is how authentic it looked. If it was photoshopped or fan art, then they've done a really good job.

So just for interest sakes that the one in a billion chance it was real, the image that I saw was Ahch-To like terrain featuring those lush Irish grasslands in amongst outcrops and cliffs of grey granite. There were 2 huts, one in the foreground about 50 odd meters from the camera - as well as another behind it and abit further back and slightly higher because the terrain is creating a slight incline. The Mandalorian (with his back to the camera) and the Yodaling in his floating capsule are standing in front of the hut in the foreground looking up at it. The huts were made of wood (??? - or some other material like a fibre cement sheet - or something like that, abit vague off memory), but it was the roof that stood out; which was metallic with some serious coppertones through it. In fact, it look like a rolled sheet of copper that has been formed into a roof with a peak in the middle. Oh and the buidlings were round.

As mentioned, it just looked so realistic and what I would have expected in the show. We see so many great visuals in The Mandalorian (in terrain, scenery and location) that this would not have looked out of place. But as it does not show up anywhere readily, I would have to say that its someone's artwork.

Baron_Papanerd and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It'd be kinda crazy if Ahch-To turned out to be Yoda's homeworld.

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It turns out Yodas subsist on Porgs

18. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I don't think it'd be actually Anch-To. Just like a similar aesthetic, humble little huts and stuff going back to an earlier simpler time.

A lush green environment does seem to make sense for the species though, yeah.

19. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    [​IMG]
    BRING ON THE RUNING INTO LORE GATHERING LUKE

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    And here we have it, the final image of Season 2. Fade out and roll credits.
    [​IMG]

21. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    So Hamill’s super secret project that he was under NDA for was the second season of What We Do In The Shadows.

Doesn’t rule out that he won’t appear as one of those rumoured saga characters but that wasn’t it.

22. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Cara Dune returning.

Moff Gideon gunning for revenge and more onto on when and how he got, that item.

Other Bounty Hunters, Boba Fett, Cad Bane, etc.

Search for Baby Yoda's family.

Some other post-ROTJ Imperials perhaps, Rae Sloane for example.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  23. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Gods...please let Sloane be in season 2. It would be amazing.

Darth Corydon likes this.
  24. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Wouldn't Sloane already be out in the boonies with the proto-First-Order by now?

25. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    We don’t know if her fleet or whatever made ventures back into the known regions. If they wanted her in the show it wouldn’t be a hard sell as to why she’s come back for something - maybe baby Yoda?