main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rey, Finn, and Poe in future films.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthBorealis, Dec 20, 2019.

1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    To be fair Oscar has an infant at home and is barely getting sleep. He is more prone to speaking his mind or being sarcastic and it coming off not quite the right way.

I don't know if it will be films but I'm sure we will see them together someway somehow in something down the line. Just not right away. I'd be fine with a mini-series or something along those lines.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    As much as I like the actors, I fully expect these characters to never be on the big screen again. Any future for them will reside in EU, which is probably the best fit (IMO). I just don't think there will ever be the interest in them beyond the 3 sequel movies. I could see BB8 coming back though.

Def Trooper likes this.
  3. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I mean if they made films about Rey building her jedi temple her jedi academy with Finn that would deff interest me, and they should do away with jedi can only start off when there kids like if they got young adults that would be a super interesting film.

4. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Well sure... but I think there would be much more interest in seeing Luke Skywalker establishing his Jedi academy, but that film is never gonna get made now.

Def Trooper likes this.
  5. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    I really do hope we see these characters again someday. This is what I’d like their futures to be:

Rey Skywalker - Founder and Grandmaster of The New Jedi Order (I need to see that yellow saber in action!).

Finn - Trained by Rey, and a member of her council (it’d be cool if he found Luke’s green saber, somehow).

Rose Tico - Leader of the New-New Republic (or whatever the new government is called at this point).

Poe Dameron - General of the New-New Republic’s army.

Jannah Calrissian - Commander of the New-New Republic’s army... Or maybe it’d make more sense for her to be a Jedi too, since she was also able to “break the code” of being a brainwashed stormtrooper, like Finn did. Not sure. Could go either way with this character.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    chrcharcor2 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    They could come back when the post-ST landscape gets too convoluted and worn out and the thought of a TFA 2.0 seems pretty good in comparison. Poe could be older and Han Solo, Rey missing after her attempt at a Jedi order didn’t go so well. Marketing-wise play up the notion that TFA felt like more of an event compared to the other Disney movies.

Not what I want to see necessarily but wouldn’t surprise me down the line

7. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    They could maybe if they recast Luke and they got desperate they might do a tv series of this. Like before the ST

8. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    An animated show on that premise could work, I think.

9. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    I think live action would be cooler unless it’s anime style that’s the one thing that’s off putting about the cartoons the style they used it looks so blocky.

10. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Yeah I agree. I wish the newer cartoons were traditionally animated.

ladygrey45 likes this.
  11. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Yes - good points. I personally think an animated show has more legs... primarily because I'm not sure fans would want to see Luke Skywalker re-cast. Secondly, with some de-aging audio effects, Hamill could probably get away with doing the voice work for a cartoon. I'm sure he'd be up for it.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We won’t see them in film for at least 15 years. Even after that I don’t know how much it will be to bring some of them back

13. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Hopefully their stories are still continued in other mediums such as books, comics, cartoons, or games. I’d be fine even if they had to cast different actors for it.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I think we’ll see them again. I also thing Disney would rather have them do it sooner than later.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  15. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Yeah I would be fine if we had to recast Luke and stuff just because Mark couldn’t play Luke as a young man now. Unless it was all deaged which might look a bit weird.

16. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I think we'll see them again. Not necessarily in X-XII (I think they genuinely consider IX to be the end of the original saga) but maybe in a standalone trilogy of films or even a Disney+ series or two. The Skywalker v Palpatine/Jedi v Sith story is done but that doesn't mean their stories have to end, and they've already said there's more ahead for these characters. I think it all depends on if they think the fans want it and if the actors are willing to return.

17. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    It would be nice if Finn could also find his original family, and find out what his original name was.

Maybe Rey could also go on a journey where she finds out a bit more about her parents. What their names were, why her dad didn’t follow in Papa Sheev’s footsteps, who was her grandma, etc.

LFL should commission someone to write a novel that constantly jumps back and forth between Rey and Finn, where they each go on their own journeys where they advance their force abilities more, and find out more about each of their pasts.

18. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Another thing I just thought of: Are we ever gonna see any of these characters settling down with romantic partners? I can see Finn ending up with Rose, and Poe with Zorri. Not sure who Rey could end up with, tho. Maybe she’ll meet someone new at some point down the road.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think Rey won’t settle down with anyone. She’ll be the last “Palpatine” and will pass the Skywalker last name onto someone else.

Def Trooper and rocknroll41 like this.
  20. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    But if they return 'someday', won't that just mean that they'll have to pass the baton to the next generation? Same as the OT had to do? Every character future accomplishment you just listed was basically once something the OT3 had in store for them. Who's to say setting up the NJO won't be Rey's successor. Or Poe's. Or Roses.

21. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Yeah, I see your point. In that case, it may be best to just leave the post-TRoS version of the galaxy in a state of mystery.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Unless, of course, your definition of interesting is similar to JJ’s: characters that shout and run a lot.

23. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I think we will see a story with at least Rey sometime in the next 10 years. Doesn't even have to be a new trilogy, just a standalone epilogue film to the saga or something. Hell, doesn't even have to be a film.

As for the whole cast, I think they want to move on career-wise. Maybe in 12-15 years when they are older and the current young generation of fans that love the ST are adults, then I can see them making a follow-up. But I think for now Lucasfilm is interested in telling new, original stories that aren't hampered by the Skywalker saga legacy and thus doesn't have Iger and the Disney execs breathing down their necks making sure the films are palatable for a general audience.

24. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016
    TLJ........ANH.....ESB..TFA..TROS..ROTJ..ROTS..SOLO..RO...............TPM..AOTC

Wow!! taste really is an amazing thing!
    I'm not having a go btw....

25. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Huh?