main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Music of The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Well, I definitely had those three, my memory doesn't fail me THAT much:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now they must be collecting dust in a box at the basement of my parents' new apartment (since 2012) which is about 7 thousand miles from here. I had paid like $20 for each one of them, and now they cost $20 altogether [face_laugh]

Anyway, back on topic.

I think the Mandalorian music is perfect for this show, and it actually expands my love for this franchise. Now I have more themes to listen to in my head all day, and I value the originality of those themes a lot more than the reworked and rearranged versions of classic Star Wars songs that we can hear all over the ST, excluding stuff like Rey's Theme, which is gloriously adorable (can't describe it any other way).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    That credits theme is just perfect. The combination of that epic main theme and lovely concept art of the episode you've just watched give The Mandalorian the best credits of any Star Wars media so far :p

Finally, something more than blue text on a black background! ;)

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, you're not the only one who gets weird looks on the way to work. :p

Bor Mullet and DarthFixxxer like this.
  4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Oh, this is the New York subway, I am the regular one compared to everyone else.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You’ve gotta up your game, in that case. Perhaps dress as a Tusken Raider every day AND whistle the main theme?

6. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I really, really enjoyed the music of Chapter 6...... particularly when the main recorder theme is played in higher octaves. The tension it evokes, and how things are ramping up, in both this chapter and the season. The electronics are just perfectly blended with the organic aspects of the music.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  8. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    The music for Chapter 6 was fantastic. Goransson's marriage of very traditional instruments with the more synth tones to build a sense of dread in the prison freighter was absolutely working for me.

Siphonophore and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Updating with scores for Chapters 6 and 7

Chapter 7's soundtrack is for me so far the best.
    Black Skies - This Is It - The Arrival (tracks 5,6,7) are phenomenal.
    And we're back to me singing/whistling/humming the theme all day every day.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Bilbo Fett and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    chapter 8 is uploaded.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    And it is glorious.

^ This could be the best track in the entire season. Every hair is standing. Breathtaking piece. And it fit perfectly with the scene.

12. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I have loved what Gorrnsson has done with this the score for this first season. Almost as beautiful is how it's inspired others:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    eko32eko7 and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The electric guitar riff when the Death Watch guy shows up in the flashback? Already a legendary piece of music. Göransson is a goddamned genius.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    DarthFixxxer likes this.
  14. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Overall the music was fantastic and really captured the tone of the show. It was a bit jarring at first, but its become a wonderful part of the show. Change is not always easy, but Ludwig did a fantastic job. There were some scenes where the music didn’t quite feel right, like the initial village attack in the sanctuary, but we got some fantastic themes, and i cant stop humming the main Mando theme.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018

A couple of amazing Synthwave covers of the Mandalorian theme.
    The first one is absolutely brilliant.

Jedi Daniel and Siphonophore like this.
  16. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I wonder if we’ll get a physical media version of the soundtrack. I love streaming, but I prefer owning something tangible!

Jedi Daniel and Siphonophore like this.
  17. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Top 5 Season 1 OST:

#1 Jawas Attack - John Willaims would be proud. Exotic. Hectic. This is a story from a galaxy far, far away.
    #2 The Arrival - Fantastic villain theme. Memorable, 2 parted like the Imperial March.
    #3 The Next Journey - best version of the main theme
    #4 Back for Beskar - cool new theme for the universe, Mandalorians
    #5 Ponds of Sorgan - another cool new theme to round out the top 5. The action part at 1:35 is fantastic.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    DarthFixxxer and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    So with Season 1 fully consumed and digested by now what if for Season 2 they were to say that ... someone other than Ludwig Gorrnsson would be composing the score? What would be the appropriate response?

I'll just be over here sharpening my pitchfork while waiting.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  19. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I would be ecstatic if they announced a different composer. I've made no secret of not being very impressed with Göransson's Mando work. Some of it works okay tonally in the show, but very little of it is interesting enough for me to listen to it away from the show. I am fine with being different, but I also want it to be of high quality and I don't feel Göransson's work is that at all. So I would entertain music from pretty much any other composer to see if it's any better.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s of a supremely high quality and I would come close to rioting if Göransson was replaced!

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  21. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Just watched Ep4 again, the village rescue one (so underrated, by the way, people are high thinking this is the worst ep), freakin' adore the music in that one.

Just fits like a glove.

BookExogorth likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I love that episode too. But I also think it’s the worst one. ;)

Which would you place at the bottom?

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Mando’s back, has to be one of the best horror theme’s I’ve ever heard.

Grey Matter likes this.
  24. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Your face. [face_devil] 8-} *Shrugs*

Nah, I dunno. Really dig all of them, honestly. Maybe Ming-Na's one, much as it pains me to say it? Schmeh. They're all superhappyawesomesauce, though.

But yeah, that village-rescue one's about the most western/samurai of the whole freakin' bunch, for my money. There's yer frickin' Spaghetti Western right there, homeyz. Never got the criticism of Howard's directing on it either, seems pretty in-line with the other eps.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    BookExogorth likes this.
  25. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Not advocating for it but I wouldn't throw a fit either - as long as they retained the main theme, anyway.

My opinion may change after a few rewatches but I haven't bonded with music as of yet...