main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah I see. There are ways to solve that future problem by setting it in like 200 years after TROS

2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Adapt the old Han Solo books. Han Solo at Star's End, Han Solo's Revenge, and Han Solo and The Lost Legacy.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I really hope they don’t adapt anything ever. At most just use it as a guide

4. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    While I don’t really want a Solo show id certainly watch it. I liked Solo more than any sequel movie.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I loved Solo and Alden as Han so yes, I'd be all for it as a tv series.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Sure, just animate it. Make it an anthology series set in the timeline between Solo and Rogue One. You can have stories with Han, Chewie, Lando, Maul, Qira, Jabba, Boba, Cad Bane, (enter favorite bounty hunter here), Cassian, Ahsoka, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Vader, Sheev, Tarkin, Inquisitors, Yoda, Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, R2, Threepio, K2, (enter favorite Imperial here), etc. Make some of them stand alone stories, make some of them arcs that feature multiple characters in crossovers that make sense. Kind of like a snapshot of what was going on in the lives of these characters we know and love during this particular period of time. I'd watch that.

7. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I think we need to go back way into the past and the. Go into the future.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Nah - not a fan at all of the movie. Han has a complete arc in the films and gets a little screen time in the sequels. Thats enough for me. One of my favorite characters of all-time but I dont need to know what he did as a teenager or young adult. Nothing before Episode #4 pertaning to Han matters to me.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  9. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    Yes, but he must fight one or more giant space otters.

BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t understand the hate for this film. The second best of the Disney era, IMO.

11. reyskyvalker

reyskyvalker Jedi Padawan

Mar 14, 2016
    I definitely think you could do a Crimson Dawn series with Maul and Qi'ra.

12. DarthRuckus

DarthRuckus Jedi Master star 1

Nov 17, 2013
    I agree. I think it's implied that Maul will train Qi'ra. Why else would he want her with him on Dathomir? He let Dryden Vos just fly around on his yacht. And everyone knows that a Sith has to make a sacrifice to be fully empowered and the only person left that Qi'ra cares about is Han so he would definitely have a role.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You think she is force sensitive?

14. DarthRuckus

DarthRuckus Jedi Master star 1

Nov 17, 2013
    She rose from Corellian scrumrat to Crimson Dawn lieutenant in just 5 years, was an awesome fighter and Maul was personally interested in her.

15. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I would very much love to see a Crimson Dawn series. I don't know that we absolutely need to see Han Solo in that. He's going off his own way to start on Jabba's crew. We can infer from ANH what happens after that. I would be welcome to it if Alden was willing to do it, but I'm not sure he'd want to reprise the role for TV. If he's not, the better bet is a Crimson Dawn series that follows what happens with Maul and Qi'ra.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Qi'ra ruins Maul and takes over Crimson Dawn eventually.
    Leaves him lost and alone and looking for Suicide-By-Jedi with Obi-Wan.

That's a story to tell.

17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Nah, Solo, Luke & Leia are played out & over used now. There were a lot of scoundrels in Jabba's Palace give one of them a show.

18. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Really? It's not very memorable or exciting, many of the supporting actors have more charisma than the lead, it's full of head-scratching storytelling and cringy moments (why would an alien who can't tolerate the sun base themselves in a hideout where a single rock can destroy the ceiling? Did we really need to see a cringy origin moment for Han's last name? How exactly is Han able to evade two sets of troopers on Corellia when they can see him through a transparent gate which he loudly bangs and yells on as they are searching for an intruder? Oh yes, he puts on a hat and magically disappears), and it doesn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things. Kasdan and his son are just kind of boring writers.

Thinking about the movie right now, I can't recall one single sequence that I would love to see again. Perhaps the droid Rebellion.

19. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Boo to you, sir.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd be up for a Han Solo TV show that ignores the resurrection of Maul. He was chopped in half. He died. He was an entertaining villain once, but now he's dead. Bringing him back was not a good choice, IMO.

Twain likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I always thought for something like you do a Solo sequel story (TV or movie) have Lando, Chewie and Qi'Ra get deep into Maul stuff with all the dark side power thingies. Han's... over there for the plot. He shows up and randomly shoots down Maul like Indy gunning down the swordsman (Bonus points if Maul somehow lands on Malachor because of it). "hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side" like the man said.

22. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Absolutely yes.

If Emilia, Alden and company age out of their roles, then I would not be opposed to recasting.

Basically I’d like to see Qi’ra’s ultimate fate as well as Maul’s fall from grace (again).

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Maul's resurrection has worked great for The Clone Wars. It would have been great for Solo too if they had actually had Maul as the villain, and not merely a hologram.

I'd be down for a Solo series or movie, but they need a better lead. Overall, Lando is more prepped for a series from Solo than Han, or even Maul, as people have pointed out.

I love Alden, but he wasn't right for the part. Han is supposed to outshine those around him, not the other way around.

I suspect that Lord and Miller had a much better version of Solo.

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Alden was an absolutely perfect young Han. He’s not supposed to be the fully-formed shiny Han of the OT. He was younger and more naive. It worked great. It’s a shame that so many audiences couldn’t accept that. People just prefer characters that don’t change, and are just always cool and awesome, I guess.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    http://starwarsunity.net/2020/02/12/a-small-update-on-the-future-of-solo-and-disney/

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    jedi-soon and Sarge like this.