main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Who's the Baddie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 21, 2018.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    How?

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Amen. A supersized purple He-man action figure with a big glove with gems in it is just not a villain I can take seriously.

3. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Agree strongly with above. I see some folks online try to say Thanos is a better villain than Vader or Palpatine, and I could not role my eyes harder.

Anyways for the question, I'm not really sure. I would prefer a dark side force user, but that is tricky with the Sith being out of question. Hopefully the surprise of with something cool, unique, and menacing.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The trick is to make a baddie that can fight your Superheroes.

Supervillains, or Kryptonite, or have some restraint on them Jedi powers.

Mostly Handless and Sarge like this.
  5. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    SW villains never felt plain comic book. First they felt like a real people, with fantasy abilities. Think of Magneto or Xavier from the first two X-Men movies, not Thanos or Ultron. They felt real. Same with Palpatine, Vader, Dooku, Grievous, Tarkin or Maul.

I just dont want some some dark evil walking canon casting weird OP mumbo jumbo with shoved backstory in the ass to be SW main villain.

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Magneto’s a much better model/ comparison. Which reminds me that I’d like to see McKellen in Star Wars.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    And that's about as shallow of an interpretation of Thanos as you think Thanos is a villain. :)

8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    They made a surprisingly deep villain out of Thanos. Much better than Snoke or RoS Palpatine.

As for SW villains in the future, the Clone Wars handled this well in a number of ways. First, they would explore different kinds of despots who stood against democracy. I think this is the sweet spot for SW. Various threats to democratic norms.

And of course, the Rule of Two means the Sith are an ever present threat, even if behind the scenes manipulating events.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Thanos is a pretty complex villain with a tragic backstory that is the motivation for everything he does in the two Avengers films. He wanted to save his people but instead they called him a madman and in the end they wiped themselves out. That gives him the will and determination to not let it happen again. Thanos doesn't see himself as a villain but as the universe's savior. It's just that the way he intends to save the universe is insane because Thanos is ******* insane. In reality though Endgame shows Thanos' true colors. He's a man with a huge god complex. He doesn't just want to save the universe he wants the universe to be grateful to him. He wants to be seen as a savior instead of the madman his people called him. The writers really did a wonderful job to make sure Thanos wasn't just a one dimensional villain.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Thanos is a big purple dude who wanted to be a farmer. I just can't take him serious enough either in the movies or in the comics. Palpatine, Tarkin, Maul are all supperioir to this big purple guy who only hardcore cares about. Get killed like chump Next.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    :rolleyes:

Yes, he's a disgruntled farmer. The Avengers ruined his crops and now he's out for revenge. I like that one part in the movie where he runs Captain America over with his tractor.

Anyway, back to the topic. I want a Gungan Sith Lord as the next villain.

"Mesa gonna turn yousa to the dark side." [face_devil]

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A bearded dart jar jar make him look like a gungan gandalf.

13. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Hopefully, if it's gonna be decades after the setting for TROS, then maybe we'll have some new force users who've given into the dark side but who have yet to unlock the secrets of the "Sith." Maybe never.

14. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Would love to see some ancient Darkside beings not unlike to the Bendu.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    a Rakata wizard who longs for time when were the masters of the universe that had inslaved the galaxy.

16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [face_laugh]

17. Darth_Tweakpiece

Darth_Tweakpiece Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    So then you're wanting a Thanos-like villain?

:p

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Except no big evil purple guy and the rakata are cool looking. Also they are more like wizards then Thanos im a big boy in purple dress.

19. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Purple rocks. Ask Prince.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, all true and fair points. But he’s a big purple CGI god-like dude with a big dumb glove. I can’t see past it. ;)

Plus, he’s not subject to the motivations and pitfalls of the kind of real-life villains that I like - Tarkin/ Krennic/ Gideon types who wield power through complex fear-riddled organizations and actions that enhance their reputations, and diminish those of their rivals. Thanos is just too physically powerful a being for me to find much of interest in what he does. He literally doesn’t have to interact with anyone, or any institutions, to assert and sustain his power. He just has to use his glove and dominate, and make sure nobody gets his glove. I just check out when presented with that kind of flatness.

Even Palpatine, the most God-like of Star Wars villains, needs the apparatus of power that is the Empire, First Order, Final Order and his acolytes to protect him and sustain his legitimacy. Thanos doesn’t need anyone. He’s a super-villain with a complex psychology and philosophy. But his place in the world of the MCU lacks any depth. He exists above all of it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Rakata weren’t trying to deal with overpopulation or marry the Angel of Death.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    who prince henry?

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It sounds like you're just racist against purple aliens :p

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I said, "Mr Purple People Eater, what's your line?"
    He said, "Eating purple people, and it sure is fine.
    But that's not the reason that I came to land.
    I want to get a job in a rock and roll band."

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Palpatine's great, great, great, great, great, great........great X20 grandfather (or grandmother). Or maybe just great, great grandsomething. Unnatural abilities and all.

Isn't it obvious?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020