main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    If anybody wants to see Colin Trevorrow's original Duel of the Fates script, shoot me a message

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Here's something I never realized. Palpatine "created" Snoke. So Snoke is basically Palpatine's son.

That means Snoke is Rey's uncle! :eek:

cratylus, WMIRTUTSF, Golbolco and 7 others like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  4. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I like what “I was every voice inside your head.” adds to what we know about what happened between Luke an Ben.

When Luke goes out to cast detect evil he doesn’t just sense darkness, he senses freaking Darth Sidious. So of course he pulls the lightsaber. By the time he gets ahold of himself an realizes its still just his Nephew laying there, Bens already awake and terrified.

5. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

That is verbatim taken from Legends even, the fear Anakin Solo had of the Emperor hiding in him ever since Dark Empire. Only that they made it real! Then the Dyad of Anakin and Tahiri...
    Had the NJO not switched Anakin and Jacen on the death spot... this is what we would have gotten! Back when the Vong still were Forceusers and Sith related Dark Horse villains like "Hidden Sith" from Exogol.

mnjedi likes this.
  6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    You assumed Vergere and Lumiya would have been able to break and shape Anakin Solo the way they did Jacen. I don't think that Anakin would have broken the way his brother did.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

7. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

Never said they would have been the same no... but where Kylo Jacen instead of Anakin, Rey would now be pregnant and single and he'd be dead with only a partial redemption :p

Jacen never killed Lumiya or Vergere... yet Kylo/Anakin slew Snoke/them when he had enough of it. So there you got the difference ;)

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Wait I think I must have missed this in the movie...I think I heard Palpatine say something about creating Snoke but I don't remember any visual scenes of dozens of Snoke clones or anything.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    You must have blinked at the wrong time.

10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    They're in a vat just after he says he made Snoke. They can be seen as Kylo is walking towards Palpatine.

Vialco likes this.
  11. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Huh, so I caught the Wedge cameo but missed the Snokes.

Vialco and Sinrebirth like this.
  12. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    If Palpatine can just create Snoke, how do we know he didn't just create Rey's father too (using his own DNA instead of whatever Snoke was made from)?

Maybe Rey has no actual paternal grandmother, since her father would just be a combination of Palpatine's genes and any other DNA the Emperor pieced together over the years.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    indydefense likes this.
  13. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Qui Gon: Who was the father? (praying: please not me, please not me)
    Shmi: There was no father...
    Palpatine: Well, that is not entirely correct.
    Qui Gon: phew.. ahem.
    Snoke: What did you do, she doesn't remember me anymore!
    Palpatine: Hush!
    Shmi: Who is that ugly thing with the handsome blue eyes?
    Palpatine: Oh boy...
    Snoke: My love...
    Shmi: What? No, no no no no no! No way!
    Palpatine slowly retreats...

And in more serious and still crazy ideas: What if Palpatine obtained Shmi's remains and used her DNA to create his own son? He and Rey would literally be Skywalkers!!! Just not of the Forcey Choosen One kind given that started with Anakin, not Shmi.

Golbolco likes this.
  14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  15. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Rey: Uncle Snoke! It's the Beagle Droids! The terrible Beagle Droids!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    If that's the case, then Snoke (Uncle Frank) to Rey (Kevin): Look what you did, you little jerk.

:p

Riv_Shiel and Gamiel like this.
  17. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Frank deserved every bit of the smack Kevin threw at him in the 2nd one.

boomx2sjk and PCCViking like this.
  18. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The latest "Bucket's List" for the Resistance finale includes shots of three of the Ace Squadron racers that appear among the 14,000 ships in the Battle of Exegol.

So what happens next? “Well, one thing we do know is that among the 14,000 ships that arrive with Lando Calrissian over Exegol in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker are the Fireball, Jarek Yeager’s racer, and Torra Doza’s ship,” says Pablo Hidalgo of the Lucasfilm Story Group. The ILM team created photo-real versions of these vessels to populate the movie’s space battle, which we’re excited to reveal here. (Also, keep your eyes peeled for a number of mining guild freighters from Star Wars Resistance in the epic clash!)

19. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    so who all here has actually read the full Trevorrow script and not just the summaries? Reading the full thing is very different than just reading the summaries. Given I love both, TROS and the Trevorrow version and would prefer a merger of both storywise where possible, or at least a lot of the script reused set before, after and during TROS, maybe with other characters in some roles, I need whoever read the actual thing for discussion of some points. Maybe I create a topic of its own for that purpose. If anybody here is interested?

Especially I intend to salvage and reintegrate in and around TROS:
    -A brief Mortis visit by Kylo and Rey
    -Force Ghost Luke nagging Kylo and communicating with Leia
    -Courscant Uprising and Stormtrooper Rebellion joining the Kids and average citizens rising up
    -Ancient tech below the Jedi Temple like the Kyberlight-Communication-Network (and montage across the galaxy)
    -The Oracle / Tor Valum and how that concept ties to Palpatine and Plagueis
    -expanded role for Rose and Finn

My still imperfect headcanon attempt:

1 - Prelude to TROS: Mission to Coruscant Part 1: Spying on the FO Finn and Rose infiltrate the capital and see how it has fallen apart and meet the people living below the elite above (repeating the elite Canto Bight feels vs. the poor below theme). Trying to help the local people, Finn meets another FN trooper and inspires him to leave the FO. Rose learns of an ancient Jedi communication system that might be useful for the resistance calling the galaxy to war as in ancient times. But before they can continue they are recalled to Ajan Kloss for another urgent mission, handing the Coruscant duties off to other characters that will continue it offscreen in their stead. (some important known folks who did not cameo in TROS maybe from comics or books or games?)
    2 - Luke and Leia communicate occasionally when Rey is training or not present.
    3 - When taking the Wayfinder on Mustafar, Kylo is interrupted by a voice and as he turns sees the Oracle creature / Tor Valum in the pond behind the burning trees with Vader's castle near by. Be it the ash and smoke from the fight and fires or the Force the scene is misty and clouded like a Force vision though as if it might not be fully real as he briefly converses with the creature before draining its life for he does not like what he is told by it.
    4 - Force Ghost Luke added nagging Kylo on Mustafar as well as on Exogol and elsewhere including the sabergrab scene.
    5 - When Kylo and Rey duel through and over the Death Star ruins, we may re-integrate a Forceflash element to the fight as they had on Kijimi/Kylos Quarters. As they clash, it is as if they are battling for the fate of the galaxy and flash to various places across the galaxy, including the Mortis temple with its Yin-Yang courtyard from TCW and other known locales briefly.
    6 - Coruscant Mission part 2: Finn and Rose's replacement resistance contacts arrive on Coruscant and are infiltrating the Jedi Temple and already begun work on the ancient kyberlight communication network. The inspired stormtrooper meanwhile freed more brothers and sisters and entire platoons deserted and joined the growing uprising on the capital at war.
    7 - Mortis part 2: On Exogol, Ben and Rey learn a dark truth: Nobody ever found Mortis because Mortis is no more. They are standing on what Mortis has become, Exogol, a world no longer safe within a monolith/Tho Yor but with one parked right over the place she meets Palpatine. The Sith had taken Mortis and its power already!
    8 - Coruscant part 3: With Lando taking the Falcon to head to the Core systems and call for help, he arrives at Coruscant and meets the local heroes kicking off the ancient kyberlight systems galaxywide call to arms with a recorded message of Leia Organa herself from days before she passed away to reach her son. Montage to the light and call reaching countless worlds as in the script.
    9 - It all coming together: Coruscant uprising is successful as are others across the galaxy as seen in the victory montage in TROS, Lando took a huge fleet back to Exegol/Mortis to win the day.

Thoughts? Additions? Tweaks?

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge likes this.
  20. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Can't edit my post anymore so here is a little add on:

As for the replacement characters for Finn and Rose on the latter parts of the Coruscant mission, I'd propose this:

Neeku and Tam Rivora from Resistance. Both are great mechanics, quick to making friends and Tam herself has FO background now as a deserter. They have a good character dynamic like Finn and Rose and may fill the roles nicely. We know Kaz, Torra and Jeager fly in the Exogol battle via Lando's fleet arrival, so lets give other Resistance tv show heroes something to do!

Also I'd replace the Eclipse from the Trevorrow script with the Colossus from Resistance to keep a mega-vessel in the Coruscant space battle. Albeit a fully reinforced, armored and armed Colossus that when nearly crushed by incoming FO fleets is saved by Lando's ragtag fleet converging on Coruscant before heading off to Exogol.. or converging on Coruscant right after Exogol.

And if adding in more missing headcanon scenes, I'd place Broomboy on some farflung world getting the kyberlight call leading another local insurrection.

Regarding other characters needing replacement in the Coruscant plot: Hux can't be Chancellor, so how about Chancellor Rae Sloane? Fighting till the end, committing suicide in the face of defeat?

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge likes this.
  21. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I've only read summaries of the Trevorrow script, but I got to say that I'm kind of liking this idea. At least in concept.

My suggestions for other non-appearing in TROS Resistance characters that I'm aware of that might be good for the Coruscant mission, are Jess Pava, Karé Kun, Suralinda Java, Zay Versio, and Shriv Suurgav. Some of them might be good as backup for Tam and Neeku while the others could maybe be part of the Colossus' fighter protection.

As for the Coruscant Chancellor, Sloane might be the best candidate. I can't recall any surviving FO characters that would be a good fit.

ColeFardreamer and PCCViking like this.
  22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Hypothesis: The Force is actually inherently evil, the dark side IS its true nature, and once it became clear that the Skywalker line it engendered wasn't, in fact, going to take over and enslave the galaxy it decided "**** these guys" and killed them off every time they drew too deeply.

It now has all its eggs in the Palpatine basket again, but Rey better watch out.

23. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Star Wars is all weird now. Anything goes, I guess.

24. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Sounds like the Star Wars equivalent of Gnosticism.

25. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Randos can still see Pablo's twitter and ask him questions? I thought he took his Twitter private. How did this Jere7my character make the cut?