main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series What would you like to see in the Kenobi TV series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hopeless, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    That's brilliant. "I don't remember ever owning a droid." Yeah, buddy. Because YOU'RE NOT OBI-WAN.

EHT and GregMcP like this.
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Joe-bi-Wan.

GregMcP and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Joe-blo-wan

GregMcP likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Obi Wan's older brother Benjamin Kenobi really didn't count the cost of his brother's request to trade names.

Siphonophore, GregMcP and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

This exactly. That's how I would put it if I used this stupid idea. There is Obi Wan, the Galaxy wide famous Jedi of great exploits in the Clone Wars, and his quieter Jedi brother Ben who travelled the Outer Rim doing good deeds. Ben is a good noble Jedi, but not noticed in the grand Galactic conflict.

Hopeless, Bor Mullet and Siphonophore like this.
  6. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Will Offworld Kenobi use disguises to keep from being identified, like Inspector Clouseau?
    There's also this intersystem Jedi of mystery.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    GregMcP likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The Adventures of Offworld Kenobi and Offworld Jawa. Now that’s a series I’d watch. Without Offworld Jawa, though? Not sure it has wide appeal.

EHT and Siphonophore like this.
  8. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    He did leave Tattooine briefly during a legends novel series didn't he?

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yep, he did. In the The Last of the Jedi young-reader novel series.

While Obi-Wan was gone, Luke was watch over by the Force spirit of Qui-Gon.

10. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Loved all of those Jude Watson junior novel series.

11. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Lookie here, I found a Kenobi thread!

@DarkGingerJedi

I was saying -- the whole premise of the show would be Kenobi trying to remain anonymous while helping the Rebellion. This would mean not using his lightsaber much, or at all. It would make for some inventive action scenes.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Qui-Gon can planet hop whenever he likes, like, forever cos he's dead. But Obi-Wan, has to live 20 years in a desert and only gets a 2 week break? Man, that's some penance.

I hope he had a great time - Space Vegas with Lando?

13. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Obi-Wan goes to a club and tells everybody that they don't need death sticks. Then they all go to their homes and we follow them along as they rethink their lifes and become better persons.

Obi-Wan then appears at the end of the series and gives a prize to the participant who had the best rethinking.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  14. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    It's such a tiny thing, but for whatever reason I'd love to actually see someone smoking deathsticks in a Star Wars thing, doesn't really matter what. It'd just somehow add to the whole "lived-in-universe" thing. and be a funny EpII callback.

Probably never happen though, doesn't Disney have some policy of not showing anyone smoking cigarettes now? Think I remember something about that from back with the first Captain America movie, set in the 40s but nobody's smoking, felt a little odd.

15. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    If we're talking on Tatooine, I'd love to see him slay a Krayt Dragon in its lair. Would also be very nostalgic to revisit Anakin's childhood home, and backtrack Qui-gon's path around Mos Espa. A Jabba cameo would be cool too.

If he's allowed to leave Tatooine for a bit, I'd like him to go to Alderran and visit Leia. Maybe he and Bail could swap babysitting duty for a few days.

16. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Is Elan Sleazebagano still rethinking his life 18 years later I wonder?

17. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Sleazebagano was Mouse's guy's name in AotC?!

How in the frick did I never know that? [face_rofl] Love ya, George.

Bor Mullet and DannyD like this.
  18. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Rebels has already flown in the face of canon with having Obi-Wan dispatch Maul. The more waves he makes, the more it contradicts the established canon of Obi-Wan being a hermit watching over Luke.

Jolee Bindo and indydefense like this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Killing Maul would have made no waves. Not only had Maul been out of the galactic picture for years but they fought in the middle of a desert with no one else in sight. The only person who knows anything is Ezra and it doesn’t seem that likely that he’d go blab about it.

20. THE CHILD

THE CHILD Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 25, 2020
    Agree do I.

Nice signature @Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    You know, hermits -- long before the time of social distancing -- did come into contact with others, albeit rarely.

Read the Temptation of Saint Anthony and you'll see just how busy things can get for hermits.

22. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Yes, I understand that being a hermit does not exclude any contact with others. While a hermit may interact with others, their intent is to interact as little as possible. To have a weekly series about a hermit though, lends itself to a lot of interaction, and ultimately making waves, and drawing attention to himself. The other issue is, for example with dispatching Maul, is making waves in the force. Make enough waves in the force and he'll eventually give himself away. We've seen throughout the saga that force users can sense disruptions in the force, and we've seen force users feeling a disruption when it's someone they have a close interaction with. So if Obi-Wan makes waves, it makes sense that Vader would be able to feel it or sense it. If that's the case, it undercuts the events of ROTS and ANH and Vader's line of "A presence I haven't felt since......" which we all know implies since his duel with Obi-Wan on Mustafar. Also, if he helps the rebellion in any way, it undercuts Leia's recorded message. Anyway, point being, if being set during his time on Tattooine, they have to be extremely careful in how they frame the show, and how they have Obi-Wan interact not only with others, but with the force, as well. My personal opinion is they're playing with fire with the established canon with this show, and I think this is a part of the canon that needs to be left alone.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Who says anything he does has to make waves? Look at the novel Kenobi- pretty small scale stuff covering a week or two in Obi-Wan's time on Tatooine. It's like Luke says, Tatooine is the far edge of the galaxy where no one pays attention to what goes on there, hence why there's so much unchecked criminal activity. Obi-Wan could have had a cowboy phase where he stuck up the First Bank of Mos Eisley a couple of times and no one would have cared- just business as usual in the wretched hive. He could walk out onto Sand Avenue and shoot a guy and no one would bat an eye.

24. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Some of this stuff is pretty easy to explain. Vader senses Kenobi in ANH because they are in close proximity with each other -- they are both _on_ the Death Star.

Leia and Luke are also in relative close proximity to each other in ESB when Leia senses Luke. They are twins too, of course, so that's an element that should be factored in.

Now let's follow the logic of "making waves" and see where it leads us. Even with the Jedi largely destroyed, the galaxy is still full of new Force users who have been born after Order 66, or who escaped or were ignored because they weren't trained. Despite being untrained, we know Force sensitives often use the Force naturally, on instinct, and can even learn how to use it minimally on their own. With so many "waves" in the Force, one wave or two from Kenobi wouldn't necessarily attract any attention.

However, even if attention was attracted, that could be a fun aspect of the plot, not a problem. For example, Vader might have some vague sense of something in the Tatooine system, and he might send a probe or agents there to check on things and Kenobi needs to figure out how to avoid them, or destroy them without calling more attention to himself (maybe he hires a bounty hunter!). Vader also might not be interested in anything he senses on Tatooine due to his past history there; this is one reason people have assumed that Luke is sent there.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think Kenobi may face an Inquisitor and that Maul and Kenobi will be meeting up in some capacity.