main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion 2020 Fanfic Resolutions!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Dec 31, 2019.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It's the end of the year and decade! What are your goals for fanfic in 2020?

I seemingly forgot to post one of these at the end of last year for 2019, but here's the link to the 2018 resolutions.

Happy New Year!

[​IMG]

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    In 2020, I want to...

1) finish and post at least one Star Wars fanfic
    and
    2) post a vignette or series of vignettes/short stories continuing my West Wing Josh/Joey AU that I started in diary form back in 2018 (I always had more ideas for that AU but the diary format kinda limited me but I think I need to write more Josh/Joey).

Kahara, divapilot, mavjade and 4 others like this.
  3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    To find/make time to write USJS

To rewrite Fitting In - story that I finished a little under 20 years ago and have wanted to rewrite it ever since as I honestly hate the ending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahara, divapilot, mavjade and 2 others like this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    It looks like I managed to fulfill my 2018 New Year's resolutions. It was an easy one: finish all the fanfics I was writing at the time. Now I only have one WIP and I started that story this month, so my New Year's resolution is to finish that story by the end of 2020.

5. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Sigh. Find/make time to finish the multiple unfinished stories that I've got posted here. Then get to the unfinished ones I've got posted elsewhere.

Kahara, divapilot, mavjade and 4 others like this.
  6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Happy New Year, everyone! [face_party]

What a great idea to have fanfic resolutions. I've never made a fanfic resolution for a new year before, so this is exciting for me.

My fanfic resolution for 2020 is to continue to participate in this wonderful community here by entering in more challenges and maybe even hosting one of my own again this year since I had so much fun doing that last year. :)

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My resolution for this year is to just figure out why I can't seem to write recently and overcome it! (Ideas aren't the problem, it's the actual writing.)

Kahara, divapilot, Kit' and 2 others like this.
  8. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    In 2020, I want to actually complete a journal.

9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I want to explore The Rise of Skywalker further. I not sure how much interest there is in it but there are a few things I have a mind.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Update The Searcher a few times.

11. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Will try my best to finally finish my Jacen story this year.

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I will write more with others as I find it so much fun!!

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not going to make resolutions but I would like to write again.

14. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Can we do reading resolutions too?

I resolve to actually comment on the fics I read because I have the terrible habit at the moment of reading them and not giving feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Complete episodes VII, VIII, and IX of my alternate sequel trilogy.

Have made an outline of 7 and 8 and am writing the fourth chapter of Episode 7- The Bloodline Heir.

Iron_lord, Kahara and GregMcP like this.
  16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Hi.
    I've been pretty quiet in the past year.
    I've written a few things that haven't really worked out. Ahh well.

So, resolutions.
    1) Read more.
    Both fanfic and books.
    Get some juices flowing for styles and expressing a mood coherently.

2) Try simple, one post, things.
    Just talk about one moment, a simple set of characters and their feelings in that moment. This will work with my broken concentration span.

3) Keep it light hearted.
    Avoid wallowing in gloom too much.

4) Reply more.
    I don't think I can write epic Findswoman style opinions on other people's stories, but folks deserve a few words of appreciation.

Kahara, Kit' , gizkaspice and 3 others like this.
  17. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    To write and post something. (Anything! :p)

18. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah, resolutions time again! Well, I guess my main one is just to try to keep my writing groove more consistent if I can and see if I can translate a few things from my mental list of bunnies into story form. And, of course, continue running challenges in the various threads I host. (Always glad to hear other folks’ ideas there! :) )

Kahara, BookExogorth, Kit' and 3 others like this.
  19. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I saw this thread, and I actually have a secret fanfic resolution this year! :D It is pretty much just writing and posting something specific here.

20. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Not really a 'resolution' per se, since I'm not changing from the way I was doing things before, but I'm vowing to complete my current mammoth fic project that I started back in August within a month or two. I'm so so close to completing it now, with only about 5 or 6 full chapters left to write (out of a planned 40 or so). Despite loving writing, at this point I just want the thing done so I can move on to shorter stuff :p

21. SynCrow

SynCrow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    1) Complete Series 2 of my Doctor Who fan fiction script series
    2) Write and post my first ever Star Wars fan fiction, probably in prose since I don't see anyone here writing scripts, so I believe prose will do better
    3) Catch up with most of the fan fiction posted here, as well as on a DW forum I'm part of

22. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    This was my unintentional sock before I re-discovered I had this account.

1) Finished. Now working on Series 3.

2) Still haven't done. I'm planning a script series set in Imperial Coruscant, but I think I'm going to play around with some short prose projects first and get some Star Wars work attached to my name.

3) Still trying to catch up on both forums, it's slow-going!

How's everyone else getting on with their 2020 fan fic goals?

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    One thing's for certain: many of the people here have had far more time than they anticipated to accomplish these goals. Unless you're an essential worker, no excuses! :p ;)

24. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I’ve abandoned one of mine entirely. I am still working on getting through the other two though.

Getting there - still just under half a year to make it work

Kahara likes this.
  25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Managed to complete my super-long 40 chapter epic at the start of April, a little later than I'd hoped due to the intense workload of the finale chapter. Pretty happy with the end result though, and the final few chapters leading up to the end were some of my favourite to work and look back on :)

Kahara likes this.