main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Nite at Disneyland May 27

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ChrisLyne, Jan 24, 2020.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    We're going to Disneyland!!

Disney yesterday announced a special Disneyland After Dark Star Wars Nite for August 27th, the first day of Celebration Anaheim.

The event will require a special ticket for entry (price and on sale date TBC) which will allow access to the park from 6pm, perfect for those just finishing a day at Celebration!

Star Wars Nite will feature;

• A Star Wars themed fireworks spectacular
    • Galactic dance parties
    • Character encounters
    • Enhanced decor (how much can they enhance Batuu?!)
    • Exclusive event merchandise (just in case the show store line wasn't long enough for you)
    • Special food and drinks just for the event
    • Immersive photo ops
    • Unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the party

In addition to the special events you will still be able to enjoy regular Galaxy's Edge features such as the Droid Depot and Savi's Workshop (lightsabers!), both of which you will be able to make advance reservations for at the links provided (not sure how far in advance you can do this).

Given how quickly the boarding groups currently fill up, this may also be a good opportunity to experience Rise of the Resistance.

And you can do it all in costume! Who wouldn't want to fly the Falcon whilst dressed as Han Solo?

Keep checking the Disneyland After Dark event page for price and availability.

2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I doubt they would make this exclusive to Celebration attendees, but it would be awesome if they could somehow give attendees first crack at buying tickets.

Amon_Amarth and ChrisLyne like this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I've reached the point where I'm excited enough for this that I'm going to be disappointed when it sells out in two seconds.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I definitely want to go to this.

5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    All of those other Disneyland After Dark tickets on that page are $109 for a frame of reference.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    In Orlando for Celebration they were $129. I'd be OK if they were cheaper :p

7. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    They also did this at Anaheim in 2015 too, correct? I seem to remember those selling out real fast. They also sold discount tickets to Disneyland for those attending Celebration then too.

Because of Galaxy's Edge, I'm surprised they're not keeping the park open special hours every day of Celebration to give attendees a chance to experience it while they're nearby.

8. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Looking forward to this but I would be bummed if I could not get a boarding pass for ROTR. Will you have to enter the park and then try to make a reservation? Any easier as a single or trying to get into a group?

9. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    From what I heard of Disney's first Star Wars event years ago, fans were told that the event was for fans, there would be special attractions and such, but people told me that a lot of exhibits were dark and some not working and everyone in the park was there-no exclusive fan event at all. Does anyone think they may change their minds for Celebration attendees only event now?

10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    No idea how they’ll handle boarding passes or if they’ll even have them for this. I guess it depends how limited the tickets are. When we did the Paris event in 2017 we walked on to HyperSpace Mountain several times in a row but that event wasn’t sold out and split across two parks (most of the activities were in the other park).

This won’t be Celebration exclusive. Anyone can buy a ticket (whilst they last), it just takes place at the same time as Celebration. Some parts of the park may be closed, especially later in the night, but I imagine all of Galaxy’s Edge and the Tomorrowland Star Wars attractions will be open along with other major rides.

If it’s like the Halloween Party then there will be a wristband of some kind. SW Nite guests can enter from 6pm (earlier if they use a regular pass to go to the park that day). What normally happens is the park will close early for regular guests (say 7pm for example) and then the special activities start soon after (say 7:15 or 7:30). During the crossover period cast members will guide guests without wristbands out of the park.

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Does anyone know how tickets like this are done (digital, paper)? I'm just curious if a bunch of people are going to scoop tickets up just to sell them.

Mary Sue likes this.
  12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Last time I had to link the tickets with the MYDisney account I had. I think there is a max of 8 per family.

Padme501st likes this.
  13. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Does Disneyland have MYDisney? I know the whole "My Disney Experience" thing and booking fast passes 2 months in advance is only in Florida, but I'm not totally clear on the Anaheim set up yet.

I know in Paris (and Florida pre-MDE) you'd bring your order confirmation to the entrance and they'd give you the event wristband and anything else you needed (the Paris SW event included a pin). If you were already in the park there would sometimes be other stations you could go to for your wristband so you didn't need to go back to the entrance.

14. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    That would be ideal (selfishly). A ton of people in Anaheim and nearby have annual passes for Disney and frequently go to GE; it wouldn't be something like a screening event in Chicago to engage the locals who are not attending the con. On the other hand, Celebration tickets disappeared so quickly this time, so a lot of the SoCal SW community didn't manage to get them in time. It'd be nice for them to at least have access to GE. Agreed that it most likely won't be exclusive to Celebration.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  15. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Hmmm. does not sound like a Cele. exclusive to me, it'll be just like the first "Star Wars exclusive" event, but everything will be complete and open for business. I doubt that Cele. fans will be "exclusively" treated for the event(like last time. I read the costume rules and according to several people last time, it was too hot to wear costumes! Star Wars costumes for adults would be a waste of time since the rules are so restrictive,(also, it will be too hot! I mean it!) save your costumes for Cele. much more worth it. I hope I don't sound negative, but fan costumes are the very best in the world! I would not be impressed with "exclusive encounters" Disney dressed characters. for me, fans outfits are the best!

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Depending on the heat and the rules I’ll maybe wear my Tie Reserve costume. It’s pretty easy to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I think that's going to motivate everybody who didn't get a pass to Celebration to want to attend SW Night, as a way to at least be a part of some of the festivities. Especially all the passholders who know all too well how these events work.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Padme501st and star_wars_is_good like this.
  18. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    How are they gonna do tickets? Maybe have Celebration Attendess first grabs, then open to general public?

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    @ChrisLyne and I will be warm in our joint bantha costume, but it'll be worth it.

I doubt it. I assume they'll be for everyone.

darthvader88 and ChrisLyne like this.
  20. Callous Jedi

Callous Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2020
    @star_wars_is_good The best answer would be to check the Disney website. There has to be contact phone numbers. True, even calling the person on the other end can tell you one story and the facts are wrong. So ask to have them send you an email with the correct url page. That should help you.

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I can wait. It's not that big of a deal. I was just curious.

Mary Sue likes this.
  22. Callous Jedi

Callous Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2020
    Looking to talking to you more! Checking my messages.

23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Which rules did you read? The event rules for adult costumes are much more relax than the standard policy. Literally the only limitations are it can't be offensive, dangerous, or have a mask, and capes/robes can't drag on the floor. Other than that you can be in full costume. It rules out some of the iconic ones (Vader, Stormtroopers) and two people in a full Bantha suit (sorry @star_wars_is_good, maybe next time) but they do allow you to go as face characters in proper attire rather than the inspired by/Disney bounding that is allowed normally.

Heat is another matter! Already looking a something inspired by the Ben Solo/Luke's Jedi look in Fall of Kylo Ren as it's less layered than PT Jedi robes so should be better for Anaheim's heat.

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    @ChrisLyne, we're not going to let the rules stop us!

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  25. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    If I remember correctly, Anaheim 2015 was just a discounted Disney ticket that people attending Celebration could buy using a code, but at the end of the day it was a half day priced ticket and that was it. It was a way to entice Celebration attendees to go to Disney in the evening by making it sound like you got a deal for paying half price of a full day pass but the earliest you could get in was 4pm (well I did walk in at 3:30 but technicality)

With this being an event, it sounds very much like their Halloween and Christmas ticketed events and isn’t the amount of tickets sold like 500? I’ve always heard how it’s great cause the lines aren’t long and you can ride whatever. Even if they up it to 2,000 this will still sell within minutes. Reading the site it’s definitely open to everyone to buy tickets but the park this will be at will be shut down to the public making it exclusive to those ticket holders for the event. And there’s a limit of 8 tickets per person when you buy. Not a bad idea to group with people to have a better shot of one of you getting tickets at least (just a suggestion)

As for ROTR, who knows how the boarding process will be but even if they do boarding passes it would only be for the event attendees so it would give you a better shot. But they may have a whole other process by then for that event.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020