main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One What was your reaction the first time seeing the Vader hallway scene?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Blue 5, May 9, 2017.

1. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019
    TBH, the first time I saw this I was still reeling from the Cassian/Jyn death scene and I wasn't all that moved by the Vader attack, but after the second viewing I appreciated it more. I did like the link to ANH however, as it took me back to when I first saw the film.

Sarge likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, this is one the reasons I choose to remain as spoiler-free as possible for upcoming SW movies. I had no idea we'd get such a scene in the film (and never expected it), and I was blown away by it when it happened.

Darth__Lobot, Sarge and DarthFixxxer like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I actually saw a leaked version of the scene in terrible potato quality before seeing it on the big screen. And I was completely blown away both times. :D

4. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2019
    I was blown away completely. I felt like someone in Hollywood finally remembered that Vader is as much a terrifying villain as he is a tragic figure.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. Another thing that I liked about it, is that after the opening scenes of ANH (when Vader personally interrogates and kills regular Rebels), Vader is completely cordoned off from the ranks of the Rebellion, and only interacts with his staff and Rebel leaders like Luke, Han and Leia. He exists in a separate world almost. Here we got the consequences, again, of Vader interacting with regular Rebels. And those consequences were absolutely terrifying.

Chancellor Yoda and afterlight like this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I still re-watch the scene.

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    ....multiple times

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I re-watch the whole movie once a month.

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I haven't re-watched the film, or any scene from it, in over a year.

Though that's because I haven't watched any SW movie in that time, to really make it special when I do my pre-TROS marathon in December. :D

DARTH_BELO and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That is some self-control. :p

11. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    It helps that my SO would probably kick me out if I watched Star Wars as much as I wanted to. :p

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I get withdrawals if I go more than a month without watching something Star Wars related. :p

13. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I use the animated shows to get my SW fix. I've found that it's impossible to re-watch Rebels too many times. :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Not really though. At least not for everyone.

I am a hardcore Star Wars fan, and even prior to the disconnection I feel to the franchise since 2017, I still wouldn't watch the movies all the time, since I have watched them more than a dozen times each. It generally takes me at least 1-2 years before I rewatch them, and it most commonly happens if I happen to meet a person that has never watched any of them, so I feel the necessity to indoctr.... educate them.

It all depends on the person I guess. I have always found the replay value of movies to be very low, compared to the replay value of music, for example. I will listen to my favorite albums hundreds and hundreds of times, but with movies I will generally watch my fav movies a few times until I reach saturation levels. Star Wars is an exception though. I think the only movie I have watched more than 10 times, outside of Star Wars, is Donnie Darko.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    afterlight and Sarge like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I guess humor’s not for everyone either. ;)

EHT likes this.
  16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I knew he was joking. That doesn't mean I can't take the conversation in another direction. You are the definition of a stickler.

Do I have to add an emoji every time I respond so that people know I am joking as well?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That's why I used an emoj...nevermind.

18. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    The best scene In all star wars Imo

Rebel on Toprawa likes this.
  19. avcpl

avcpl Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2016
    Another thing that makes this scene a minor miracle is that it helps link the OT with the PT with Anakin being Vader.
    I can imagine Hayden's Anakin-the slaughterer of younglings-being in the suit, whereas before R1 they seemed like two completely different entities.

20. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It’s one of the scenes I first think of when I think about Vader now.

21. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    That's the moment I realized that Rogue One wasn't just good... it was great. I was just kind of jaded after the PT and TFA... while I enjoyed those movies (some more than others) none really was that great next to the OT. I did wonder if that was just nostalgia because I was born in the late 70s. After Rogue One I realized that it wasn't just nostalgia..... SW could still be magic even for a middle aged guy.

The entire sequence starting from the Death Star appearing above Scarif is one of the best sequences in the entire saga. The music is fantastic; the tone is perfect.

22. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Was a range of reactions ,all these but combined swirling back and forth -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    After just getting Vader’s helmet being placed on his head, and overlooking the DS being constructed in III, I needed to see that action scene. Even if we don’t get another live action Vader ever, we’ll always have this.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Darth__Lobot and christophero30 like this.
  24. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I was amazed, with a huge smile on my face. I love everything about it, the slow but steady ignition of the saber, the fluid motion of the attack, and the desperation in the Rebels knowing they're dying for the cause, but being scared witless none-the-less. It's the best we've ever seen live-action Vader.

25. Rebel on Toprawa

Rebel on Toprawa Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2020
    What really makes the Vader corridor massacre so good is the actors who portrayed the Rebel Fleet Troopers. You can see real, raw, gritty and unnerving anxiety and fear in their faces, voices and movements. A rather intense, brilliantly executed scene indeed.

El_Machete12, BRE, EHT and 2 others like this.