main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Nite at Disneyland May 27

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ChrisLyne, Jan 24, 2020.

1. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I kind of want to do this, but not getting my hopes up. This will sell out in seconds, I'd assume, probably not minutes.

I went to GE in August. I liked it. I'd like to go there and ride Rise of the Resistance, but I can't imagine it will be possible to get on the ride during the week of Celebration with all the Star Wars fans that will be in town.

2. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I hope they give us advance notice of when they will go on sale. I would hate to miss out on this.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I hope they don't. If they do, everybody is going to be armed and ready at their computers the second they go live.

darthvader88 likes this.
  4. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    So is the entire park gonna be open for this event?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I'm going to say just GE but don't take my word for it.

darthvader88 likes this.
  6. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I wonder how far in advance they will start selling tickets? 3 months?
    Will they give first dibs to annual passholders? If so, would it matter if you are a Disneyworld vs Disneyland passholder? Hopefully it is a code that they give to Celebration attendees like Padme suggested.
    If you buy more than one ticket do you have to give names for the other people to prevent resale?
    You would think that they could have answered a lot of these questions in the news release of the event with a disclaimer that stuff could change before the selling of the tickets

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If it's really that few of tickets and the limit is 8, then this will be like trying to get VIP tickets.

8. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Darn...

9. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I was doing some research on this Disney vacation group i'm in and here is what I've find.

MyDisneyApp is purely Disneyworld so it won't apply here

November 26th 2019 they announced their Disneyland after dark events up to events in April so about 5 months out. Tickets went on sale the following week for those and Disneyland passholders had access the day prior to the general public. So if you use a similar formula, 5 months prior to August that would be like March for ticket sales? Granted they also started selling tickets for earlier events that same day so maybe it will be a May 4th thing. But with the announcement being this far out it wouldn't surprise me if it would be sooner than that.

Not many disney blogs and no one on the disney planning boards is talking about this. Which is a good thing cause the less it's advertised the less non Celebration people are keeping it on their radar giving y'all a headstart in buying tickets

I think my earlier estimate is way off, reading more into details of other after dark events it's more like everyone stays in one area which means less than 500 people are venturing out to do rides and that equals to no-wait times on rides so yeah I'd say thousands of tickets are sold. Have to be when events don't get entirely sold out till closer to the events and they are advertised as limited too. Granted if they plan to just shut off GE for this then your amount of people it can hold is smaller than the whole park but still, Disney is known for overselling tickets so the actual event area should be crowded. EDIT just saw a blog that stated this is for the entire Disneyland park which means more room and similar ticket amounts to other after dark events

In other events there is usually several turnstyle for that event only at the entrance where CMs give you a wristband showing you are part of the event. That's how you don't get asked to leave when it's closer to starting time. You can arrive 3-4 hours prior to the event time and enjoy other areas of the park before the event starts.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Nothing new, but it's talked about in here:

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I've got Disney days planned for after Celebration but if Fantasmic or any of the other night events are only on weekends (which they do in "slower" periods) then I'll probably take advantage of the half day tickets if they offer them.

Really hoping they have FastPass or at least some type of standby line for this by Celebration. I know they sent out a survey to some Florida guests recently asking what they thought of some alternative queue methods so they're definitely exploring the possibilities.

I've noticed the same thing. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Yeah, definitely full park. Some things will be closed and some entertainment won't be running or replaced with special event entertainment (like the Star Wars fireworks). Tickets are definitely going to be in the thousands but also significantly less than normal entry so the park will be a lot less crowded and outside of Galaxy's Edge you'll probably be able to walk on to most open rides if it's anything like Florida's Halloween events. Rise of the Resistance is the big question mark. It would be nice if they gave everyone a boarding group for the event, if the numbers allow it that might be the easiest way of doing it and then a standby line at the end of the night if time/numbers allow.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    star_wars_is_good and Padme501st like this.
  12. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I really can't see that many people paying a ticket for a full day at Disneyland, then spending additional money to stay after closing for a Star Wars themed night..

13. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Don't underestimate the power of Disney and Star Wars, people pay extra for their themed nights all the time. What you have working for you is this is just one night instead of several so it's harder to make it work if you aren't already on location and schools should be in session so you are going near the "slower" season for Disney

darthvader88 likes this.
  14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Being a Thursday night also helps.

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I was just at Disneyworld in December. We did Magic Kingdom from open to 6 then 6 to 11 for the Holiday Party. It was a very long day but we did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padme501st and darthvader88 like this.
  16. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Don't underestimate the power of the So Cal Disney community. Especially being that this one of the first SW specific events since the opening of GE. These types of events are extremely popular, no matter what the cost is or what time of year they take place.

17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, it's a long day if you do a full day at Disney and a party event, but normally a lot of fun. We've done the Halloween Party twice now. I think a lot of people will be doing Celebration/Star Wars Nite rather than Disneyland/Star Wars Nite for this. Which combo is the most tiring is probably a valid debate [face_laugh]

Yeah, the So Cal Disney community can be extreme. In addition to the Star Wars/Celebration fans you're also going to get the Disney park fans and Disney collectors (and likely a fair share of resellers). It's a one night event with exclusive park merchandise. I remember seeing pictures of the line just for the exclusive park tiki mugs and that was unbelievable. The line for any exclusive merchandise is likely to be massive.

18. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I wonder if they will limit the number of tickets people can buy

19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Looks like they normally limit the "Disneyland After Dark" events to 8 tickets per booking.

darthvader88 likes this.
  20. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    THIS IS NOT A DRILL! TICKETS ON SALE TOMORROW
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/after-dark-star-wars-nite/

If you are an annual passholder for DL you can buy it now

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I wonder how many tickets will be sold...

22. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    FYI

23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That's pretty stupid if you ask me, organize a big SW thing, and then don't have one of the main attractions available.

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Lame. I'm wondering if this will be worth it or if I should stick to my original plan of going Monday.

25. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I’m tempted to go to this, but if there’s only going to be one ride open, then that will make the wait for that ride that much longer, even though there will be less people in the park. Unless they change their mind on this, I’ll hold off on buying the special event ticket.