main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Carasynthia Dune (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i still find it odd that she doesn't know what the force was, considering that Luke fought for the rebellion for 4 years and that she didn't once encounter him.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The rebellion is a big place. Probably made up of millions and millions of people

Voltron64 likes this.
  3. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Kinda don't love the notion of her being from Alderaan, personally. It's not a huge thing, but I dunno, she doesn't strike me as fitting. But I guess not everyone there's going to be some prim & proper Bail/Leia type, no reason it doesn't work.

4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Not everyone from a planet has to fit a specific type.

Force Smuggler and Sarge like this.
  5. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, like I said, it's an irrational nitpick. Just...yeah, always pictured Alderaanian military types a little more buttoned-down and by-the-book like the Rebel troopers we've seen.

No big thing whatsoever though. Sure there are polite, dignified cerebral types somewhere on Corellia or whatever too.

Voltron64 and Sarge like this.
  6. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Carasynthia Dune being from Alderaan adds so much more to her character than being from a random system that we haven't heard before. It is able to explain that even if she was from a noble house 15 years ago, the fact that at some point her planet was obliterated, could mean so many things for her background. First of all, we do not know when she joined the Rebellion / New Republic army. She could have done so specifically because her planet was destroyed. And that would explain her attitude, her grittiness, her behavior. I think there's potential for a great character there, and I expect to see her more in Season 2.

ladygrey45 and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I actually hoped she would turn out to be Kanan's younger sister who eventually found out about him and tried to help only to find the New Republic not the improvement she hoped they'd be.
    That way you would have someone familiar with the force and a useful guide when the Mando would inevitably have to seek help with his ward.

Anyway it was fine enough, does this mean she won't be involved in the second season?

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    She joined the mobile infantry cause Buenos Aires was obliterated...I mean Alderaan. ;)

Glitterstimm, Hopeless and Sarge like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think it’s a quick and effective character/ story point. The Empire blows up Alderaan while she’s on an off-world school trip. Her whole family’s killed. Voila, she becomes a hardcore Rebel.

She’s already confirmed to be in Season 2.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Hopeless likes this.
  10. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Alderaan blowing up is less than 10 years before The Mandalorian takes places. I doubt she was still in school at that time. Gina Garano is 37 and even if she is supposed to be portraying a younger woman, I doubt she is supposed to be younger than 30 in the show.

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That was just a humorous way to say she was off-planet and wasn’t killed. We have no idea why she wasn’t on Alderaan at the time. So I was having fun with it.

Plus, I didn’t say she was a student on a school trip. She could’ve been a teacher. ;)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    DarthFixxxer likes this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Everybody fights.

CernStormrunner, Bor Mullet and Vorax like this.
  13. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

Starship Troopers references never go astray. Give this man a cookie.

14. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Might explain why she couldn't fit in after the New Republic was formed.
    Perhaps a former soldier or mercenary working in the Outer Rim unable to fit in with Alderaan's pacifistic outlook until she learns of its destruction and decides to join the Rebel Alliance to heal the wounds she can no longer resolve with her homeworld's destruction?

Voltron64 likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s also completely possible that the destruction of one’s planet would change them on a deep level

16. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    I’m not letting the fact that she could spin me over her head like a pizza pie get in the way of my crush. She’s a beautiful arse kicker.

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    And this isn't even Gina at her physical peak either, which is saying something.

CernStormrunner likes this.
  18. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Making her an Alderranian was clever in that it explains why she's a drifter that had no home to retire to after the war ended.

19. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Yeah I enjoy her I was bummed when she didn’t go with Din and the child

20. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Really enjoyed her role through Season 1, I'd be happy to see her back for a few more episodes this time around and as others have said, in more canon material in general.

I didn't know until reading this thread that she was from Alderaan.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Moff Gideon told that to the entire town in the last episode.

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    She'll be back. I like Carasynthia too. I get the feeling we've got a cast of snowflakes here. I think characters will come and go often enough. I wonder if we'll ever get episodes that focus on other characters away from Din and the Child despite the title.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Her and Carasynthica Duune, the evil clone, do battle to the death in gladiator pit. Would be nice, hehe.

24. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    "Carasynthia" sounds like some obnoxious goth chick, singer in a metalcore band. :p

Sarge likes this.
  25. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I was working on a fanfic with a character from Naboo - she was opposed to the Naboo policy of relying on negotiation without force of arms to back themselves up and was basically ostracized because of it.

Sarge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.