main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Like, it sucks that Duke lost (and to ****ing Clemson of all teams), but I choose to look at this in a different light:

South Carolina beat Clemson (on their own home court). Clemson beat UNC and Duke. Ergo, South Carolina could beat both UNC and Duke. :p (Hell, one of those happened just a few years ago!)

heels1785 and PCCViking like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    in actuality, South Carolina could beat kentucky.

this has to be one of the better basketball weeks for a state that has known very few successes in the sport at the collegiate level

grats rew

edit - #4 Auburn no longer undefeated. beaten by 8-7..alabama. lol

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Rew and PCCViking like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    only so much i can say with carolina under .500, but oh wait nm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Those guys are stupid.

(If anything, it's Roy-Will who's past his prime. :p)

5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Gators beat Auburn.

Unfortunately, that and Duke's lost means FSU will skyrocket into the polls. *snarls under breath*

heels1785 likes this.
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    heels, I thought you "didn't have a Twitter" ...

7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Substitute all those instances of Coach K with Coach Williams, and they're actually spot-on. ;)

Well, except for that one dude complaining about being 15-3. Could you imagine being below .500 right now??

heels1785 , CT-867-5309 and PCCViking like this.
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    @Rew looks like a packed house at the Colonial Center for the lady Gamecocks tonight, vs. Miss State.

Good game so far, love that they get great support.

Rew likes this.
  9. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    No one wears hipster glasses better than Dawn Staley. Literally no one.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    brawl at the end of kansas/k-state. yikes.

11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    And earlier this evening, an Illinois player was ejected for stomping on the chest of a Purdue player.

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    No problem with shutting both programs down for the rest of the year. Dude had a chair up in the air for a weapon.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Well look at that. UNC remembered how to play basketball.

Brandon Robinson is on fire today.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Great article here about Roy Williams surpassing Dean Smith’s win record.

I’m biased because Dean Smith was as much a part of my childhood as Star Wars, but there will never be another Dean Smith. Glad this happened for Williams though.

Roy Williams surpasses Dean Smith’s record without fanfare

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

lol

CT-867-5309 and tom like this.
  16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    can't even imagine how quickly those little ****s got their parents on the phone. a few threats to rescind some donations, ole ratface is apologizing within a few hours

[​IMG]

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    he said he misunderstood the chant, but really who could blame him for the default assumption that the duke student body is horrible?

[​IMG]

look at their faces. these kids have definitely never been yelled at by an adult before.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

also

tom is that an american flag patch on a long sleeve duke t-shirt and jersey lol

good god anyone and everything associated with that place is just the ****ing worst

except cubman and rew. cubman sometimes, maybe. but at his worst only like 10-15 percent as bad as everyone in that picture

20. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Not in our house Sparty, not today.

Nice win Badgers.

21. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Appreciate the vote of confidence there (of sorts), heels. :p

Anyway, my take on this whole thing (three days late) is that no true Duke fan should be badmouthing Jeff Capel, and kudos to Coach K for reminding the Cameron Crazies that Capel's still one of us.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh **** yes...Cole Anthony is back.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    this season feels a lot like the one right after hansbrough graduated/roy's middle championship

rudderless

next saturday could be pretty rough

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I feel like a lot of people are writing off tonight's Duke-UNC game due to the latter's struggles this season, but I don't think that's going to be the case.

As awful as this season has been for the Tar Holes, nothing would redeem this nightmare more than beating Duke in front of a psyched up home crowd. UNC is going to be desperate for this one, and especially with Cole Anthony back in the lineup, they are to be bringing their absolute A+ game tonight. They have to win tonight, and so Duke has to consider this a game against a fellow top-10 caliber team. Sure, at Cameron next month, the Crazies are going to be chanting "N-I-T," but the players themselves can't look past UNC or consider this a coronation. And with Duke's rough starts against inferior teams like BC of late, we can't afford to do that in Chapel Hell.

BTW something I think you'll appreciate @heels1785, this morning on ESPN before Game Day, one of the anchors asked Jay Bilas if the UNC fans were being nice to him, and he replied something to the effect of "Since I was responsible for more Carolina wins over Duke in my day, I think they're fine with me." [face_laugh]

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i think it's going to get ugly, pretty early. but we've scored some good wins in the rivalry over the last few years, so a bad year isn't the end of the world.

violent mouthbreathing pos bob knight is getting a lot of adoration today. he looks like he's aged 30 years in the last 3. iu lost.

CT-867-5309 and Rew like this.