main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    ...Uhh, no, no he doesn't.

He did on Civil War and the two solo ones, before the big kerfuffel between the companies. Seems that's very likely changed, they're dipping a toe into merging the two things now that we know Keaton's Vulture is showing up in Morbius.

That's only a matter of time, Holland's cross-pollenating with Venom & Morbius & Kraven the next few years, bet on it. Initially it seemed like Sony's just getting a larger cut of the profits of the Feige/MCU Spidey stuff, but if you're at a point where Vulture's in the Venom/Morbius Sony-verse, pretty clearly Holland's guy's a part of that now. Any fallout between Marvel and Sony in future, Sony's basically going to own Holland's take on the character. They kinda do already, he's just leased out for now. That can change. Sony ever starts to dislike what Kevin's doing, they can wait the two years or whatever until the contract's up and yank him - Holland can choose to play ball or no longer be Spidey.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Not that I know of. He hasn’t said much of anything about it other then he loves the idea of exploring “new characters and stories” in the world. Anyway, I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Feige is a career producer. If he has any plans of ever getting behind the camera I’ve never heard them and I follow him and the MCU almost as much as I do Star Wars.

3. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Also it's easier to have multiple irons in the fire as a producer than it is if you're directing. Being the director of a major franchise film is a pretty consuming process. It's probably a big part of the reason Lucasfilm didn't go with a single director for the ST under a one movie every two years schedule. Do a before and after glance at Peter Jackson with the LOTR trilogy.

Feige has way too much going on within Marvel to direct a one off Star Wars movie no matter how passionate he might be about whatever story or character he has in mind.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    from Joe Russo, Feige has a basement of Star Wars swag! (There's no way this movie isn't happening, Feige is definitely gonna make a Star War somehow even in the middle of the MCU-ness)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...reveals-avengers-endgame-theory-wrong-1275302

Star Wars is Kevin's first and true love. He's a man who has a very, very large basement filled with enough Star Wars paraphernalia to fill a museum. Whatever he does with it is going to be passionate, emotional and unique.

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I’m curious what he pitched them. I’m sure it’s an idea that’s been percolating in his head for years, similar to Favreau with The Mandalorian. But is it set within the 67-year time frame of the Skywalker saga, playing around in an era we’re familiar with, or is it something that branches out a little bit more?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    It's about a rich hyperspace-propulsion-and-blaster-munitions industrialist, who gets kidnapped by Mimbanians for a month, forced to build a super-walker for them to strike back at the Imperials. He emerges free a month later, decides to stop selling to the Imperials and rebels alike, and uses that intellect of his to create an uber-suit of doom that launches lightsabers in all directions from his wrists, has Boba's jetpack miniaturized on his feet, and Momin's mask but tricked out with all sorts of cool space-avionics.

7. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I seem to recall reading someplace it was centered around a specific character. Given his age (46) and his having said in the past he was always more of a Star Wars kid than a comics kid when he was growing up I think it's most likely an OT era story ... maaaybe a PT era one.

8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I think people are misinterpreting what I'm saying.

It's not the gag jokes that are necessarily a problem, it's too much of them.

I have a feeling that Feige won't make this an issue but if he does, well, then my enjoyment of the films will probably be impaired.

9. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    That all depends on the movie, I guess. Plenty of the MCU is lighter on the quips and stuff. Flows way more naturally in the earlier films, Cap: The First Avenger strikes a nice balance of it, the second Avengers is pretty bleak/light on the gags. Let alone the third & fourth ones.

But yeah, you definitely don't want to go full-on Guardians or Ant-Man with a SW flick. I don't think Feige would try to though.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm assuming that because Feige produced the Ant-Man movies then he'll bring Jedi shrink powers back into canon. Look it up! It was a thing!

11. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
  12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Wedge Ant-Illes - A Feige Story

13. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It's non sequitur logic for some to assume that Feige = gag jokes.

Of course, we did already see plenty of that from Rian Johnson, so perhaps people should be more concerned with him directing a SW film again.

Feige, as a producer, may believe a certain tone works for Marvel films. But it doesn't follow he wants the same exact tone in Star Wars.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    @Darth Chiznuk

You're going to laugh your butt off, but...I briefly met Kevin Feige recently. And I liked him a lot.

*runs away*

P.S. But I'm still avoiding Ryan Church like the plague.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That doesn't surprise me since you're Feige's #1 fan. I bet you asked for a selfie with him. Don't lie! :p

Pro Scoundrel , EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    ****, I just realized that's still in my avatar. You bastards sure do commit to a joke! [face_rofl]

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It'll be there forever. I'm never erasing it. You're welcome.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You should just go all out and add "Mad about the MCU"

"Mad about" meaning I love it.

But with a hint of a possible double meaning. Keep people asking questions. Make it interesting.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  19. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

Now you have to do a whole MCU marathon, in order, three times over in succession.

Repent your sins, my child.

BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    OK. But I've worn out the toes of my Avengers Assemble footie pajamas, and will have to get a new pair.

21. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Weren’t we supposed to get some kind of update about Project Luminous last month? Where is Jason Ward? Has he been taken by aliens?

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    February 24th. And it's just a literature event nothing to do with films as far as we know.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Do we know anything at all about when we'll be getting more info on this film or do we just have to wait till Celebration?

24. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Disney's or Trevorrows Bounty Hunters got him.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.