main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-wing pilot DDC 2020

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 3, 2020.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: X-wing pilot DDC 2020

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: legends
    Character: Jason Guyet
    Genre: diary
    Summary: Jason Guyet writes a diary and meets interesting persons like Luke, Leia, Han and their families

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Entry 1

A wreck, accompanied by an all-knowing twittering astromech, that’s what it is, this X-wing that’s been given to me. And I am still in a messy state too after giving help during an accident in Ifaan National Park. Ah let me introduce myself first before that astromech named Iffy for obvious reasons begins to introduce himself.

I am Jason Guyet, 24 years old and …

Iffy shut up

Pwiiiit iffff prrittt iiffff

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] and [face_laugh] An X-wing pilot and a snarky astromech -- pure SW classic.

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Fun! I hope you can write more about that guy and that I have enough time to follow this diary. Ik wens jij een heel fijne jaar met fanfic schrijven!!!

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and following the characters we love from the EU
    More to come and just this diary

Entry 2

That was Iffy of course. I was busy recording the first entry in my diary. Yeah doc Mick Kerebuy gave me this diary two months ago when I was in the hospital recovering from said accident and quite unsure if I could walk again. Only now I have the courage to begin to use the thing. I can walk and I will recover thanks to that X-wing wreck and a team of friends helping me to repair it.

Mick told me that he had a diary too and he showed me how to use it. I read his entries and they were touching, funny and sometimes hilarious. He too had difficulties to overcome and had to recover. He was a doctor in the great New Holstice hospital and a pilot for the medical shuttles. He was injured 5 months after the clone-wars started and formed with doctors, nurses and technicians Hospital squadron, flying Eta-2 actis interceptors. The other members were Jim Kerebuy, Jason Beeler, Grant Bryjic, Jan Kirn, Len Molino, Sjon Saffy and Peter Sloan. My dad became the last member.

In the last months of the clone-wars dad – like others – became an ace when he vaped his tenth vulture-droid. The Ace celebration for my dad had to wait because he had to care for Jedi-general Jadin Finn. Finn was still recovering when he left with Jedi-nurses Skon Peverin and Beran Daranon to a place unknown to dad and the squadron.

Dad’s best friend Jason Beeler (I am named after him) died during a mission. Dad was sent to Lingala with Jedi-healer Gant Beon and a young patient with his parents. And there he met mom, fell in love and married. The other members of Hospital squadron came to Lingala when order 66 came to exterminate the Jedi. The government of Lingala had a plan to make the planet a safe heaven by placing buoys in space declaring that Lingala was devoid of life thanks to a deadly plague. Jan, Len, Sjon and Peter could transport three Jedi to Lingala with a med-shuttle. Admiral d’Lorrion helped in the cover-up and came with Mick, Jim, Grant and Sjon in the second shuttle. An old kindergarten became the new home for Hospital squadron and some of the Jedi stranded after order 66. The squadron-members went to work in Ingal-Hospital and became pilots for the shuttles used in medevac.

The humans Sjon, Grant, Jan and Len are all retired. They help me.

All Dunai – Mick, Jim, Peter and Dad – are still working. Dunai are a species with a very long life-span and a mix of human and Dunai elder, a species originating on Moniron. They colonized worlds like Lingala, Irellion (destroyed 30 years ago) and Bor Rhimmol. Dunai have what the Jedi call the Force and use it mostly for healing.

Ah yes I followed in dad’s footsteps and became a surgeon and pilot too. And that had me in a messy state after the incident in the national park where I could save a tourist.

The astromech is now busy and not paying attention to what I am doing. Otherwise it would have been…

Iffy is coming. I have to stop.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent additional details on the diarist

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yeah doc Mick Kerebuy gave me this diary two months ago when I was in the hospital recovering from said accident and quite unsure if I could walk again.

Are you very sure you will just write this diary here? Zeker weten?

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    more to come
    Very sure being very busy in real life (training for more runs like the half marathon of Egmond which I finished on sunday jan 12 and caring for my mom) And I will write some Star Trek stuff

Entry 3

I had to follow Iffy to the X-wing where Sjon was busy with the engine.

Sjon is a very skilled technician and he can tell me all about the engines of the Eta-2 actis interceptor and what is used in the X-wing. And he is the leader of what he calls his ‘three nurses crew’ (Grant, Jan and Len). They are cleaning the parts, helping with the schematics or bringing refreshments from the kindergarten-kitchen. And those refreshments are now very welcome with temperatures in the 30’s.

Jeffrey Harmon is my teacher. As a member of X-wing Azure squadron he was waiting near a small blue planet near the Sullust system when the order came to jump to Endor to begin the battle against the second Death Star. Ater a failure of the navcomp he decided to go to his home-planet Lingala. He guided the X-wing manualy and was injured badly. He is now confined to a wheelchair and has a job as a medic and pilot for the medevac.

BEEP

Hey that’s my pager.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Things are busy already.

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    As a member of X-wing Azure squadron he was waiting near a small blue planet near the Sullust system when the order came to jump to Endor to begin the battle against the second Death Star.

Azure [face_love] X-wing :*

Wonderful choice. :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I caught that too. [face_laugh] :cool:

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    very
    I like that color

Entry 4

I had an emergency at the hospital. You know it is tourist-season on the beach again. The life-guards were bringing in tourists suffering from serious dehydration and sunburn. And a powerboat-accident had me in the OT keeping one of the victims sedated. That was four days ago. Whew I am tired and…

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    definitely a busy tone. Either he fell asleep at the end ;) or was interrupted by another emergency. :eek: That power boat accident sounded like it led to a lot of work for the healers!

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    he was tired

Entry 5

I must have fallen asleep. Yeah after the emergency I was invited by Steph and Kelly Fray. They are former Jedi-padawans and the owners of the resort on Ingal Island. They have 2 children Luke and Lina (twins and 12 years old). The family took me for a powerboat-ride and swim with the Lingalans.

Lingalans are a sentient species living in the oceans of Lingala. They have only an oral history and can tell you everything and…

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely outing with friends :)

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Luke & Lina.

I actually know a Lina. :)

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Entry 6

That was my pager again and keeping me from seeing my diary for a very long time. I had a lot of medical emergencies due to the tourist-season.

The X-wing is ready to fly and Iffy is very happy about that.

Lessons will begin today with Jeffrey Harmon as my teacher. And he is coming now.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I can imagine there are a lot of emergencies during tourist season so when that winds down, the diary and other things can resume.

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am still reading, even though I am seldom locked in and commenting.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and who is the cause for more delays?
    always nice to see you here

Entry 7

More than 4 months ago I celebrated my 30th birthday. 30 yes and when did I begin this diary? I was 24 and had written ‘entry 6’ when I was 25 and about to begin my lessons in the X-wing. I took my diary to the shed and placed it in the toolbox. Jeffrey came in and with him Iffy. Iffy began running excited to the X-wing and back to the toolbox when I was ordered by Jeffrey to enter the cockpit. I did, Jeffrey gave instructions and after that lesson I wanted to write about the first lesson. But where was my diary? The toolbox was empty. Iffy gave mournfull toots. Or not?

I have been very busy with my work in the hospital and lessons from Jeffrey and had no time to search for the lost diary. Two days ago I was talking to Jeffrey about taking the X-wing on a trip in hyperspace.

And what happened?

Yesterday I found my diary in the toolbox.

Iffy, Iffy.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Mischievous droids. [face_mischief]

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    A book-loving droid. :D

Wonderful. Somebody should alert him to the ongoing diary challenge. :bb8:

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    wanting something to do?
    more a X-wing-loving droid

Entry 8

I am in trouble or not. With help from Iffy I plotted the first ride out of the system. And that had me smack in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by X-wings. I transmitted a friendly message. The leader – identifying as CO of Blade squadron – is now ordering me to follow him towards the Hands Down, a big stardestroyer, also known as a MonCal cruiser.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 9

After being guided into the hangar of the Hands Down I followed the CO of Blade Squadron to his office.

He asked me about the X-wing with a transponder identifying it as belonging to Azure-squadron and a well-known pilot and astromech and said ‘Harmon and Iffy were presumed lost when we didn’t see them at Endor during the celebration. Mon Mothma came to me to ask about her friend. Harmon had been one of her assistants.’

I told him about Jeffrey Harmon landing his X-wing on our planet and was to give the name of the planet when the CO said.

‘Keep it a secret Guyet. There is too much unrest in the galaxy. You may need a safe place to return to. Harmon didn’t give the name of his birth-planet either. And he knew a lot being the aide of Mon Mothma and an Ace-pilot.’

I told him about my teacher Jeffrey Harmon and how he had helped me after the accident.

The CO appreciates me keeping secrets about my origins and species and asked – when he saw my diary – to give just his rank. CO it is. I have to stop now because I have to go to the simulator.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  24. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I really like that Jason takes up diary keeping as a gift (and recommendation) from Mick! Keeping a diary really helped his friend, and hopefully now it can help Jason with the trials of working for the Rebellion/Republic. The Alliance is lucky to have him (already knows how to fly an X-wing, even -- that's got to be a windfall). But of course they're going to have questions about a familiar X-wing and droid showing up with a new pilot; glad Jason was able to straighten things out and give them some closure on his mentor's thankfully non-fatal disappearance. Rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated, and all that. :p

And oh, Iffy! [face_laugh] That droid is such a menace, though only in the most well-meaning way. And he never does any real harm. Just wants to manage everything.

It's great that Jason has such strong ties with his family and the wider community of Dunai expatriates and their friends and family. That's a lot of support that undoubtedly gives him a sense he's never that alone in the universe. Though it's going to be challenging, being away from most of them in his new career. Nice that he has the surgeon training too -- lots of X-wing squadrons could have used more of that in the books. ;) I think there was Phanan (can't remember his exact medical specialty), and no one else that I can recall. Those pilots get beaten up and thrown around all the time!

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Kahara said it all, nice work, dear bird.

Jason really knows about networking.

I wrote you a postcard from the Harz Mountains and hope you have not moved places.