main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has R2-D2 told Luke about all of his adventures?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by The Senate, Feb 15, 2020.

1. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    R2-D2 has definitely experienced the most of galactic history than anyone else in the galaxy so do you think he ever told Luke or Leia about their past?Like who their mother was or how Anakin turned to the dark side or even stuff like their family on Padmé side.I really hope he told somebody because he may be the only person who has knowledge of those events.

Ghost and Sarge like this.
  2. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Can R2-D2 Speak English?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Luke undersands some binary, but he could have had C-3PO translate.

There is a concept that the story comes from R2-D2 narrating it through C-3PO so that it could be entered in the Journal of the Whills. Unfortunately we aren't entirely sure what this book is about or even exactly who or what the Whills are. Lucas has stated in outside discussions that he was going to explore this in the sequels, but the massive revision done by post-sale Lucasfilm left all of this out. But anyway, though this could change, Lucas said the Whills are beings that basically are the Force. That is they live on the Force itself, and are symbionts with humans (apparently via some sort of link through the midichlorians) and presumably they are very long-lived like angels, demons or gods. I'm interested in how that concept would have been developed and hopefully we'll get more details one of these days.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    MOVED TO SAGA.

@The Senate you need to be more aware of the correct place to start your threads. This is the second one I've had to move today. The Sequel Trilogy Forums are only for discussing the ST. General SW topics belong in the "Saga" forum or the "Star Wars Community" forum.

5. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Like definitely understands binary based on how well he has talked to him

6. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    He's learned a bit by Episode V. But he still uses a text translator in his X-Wing when C-3PO isn't available.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  7. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    And in TLJ, Luke understands R2 without any assistance.

8. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I believe the story of R2 telling the story is no longer canon. That aside, I'd love to see the story of the Whills be expanded upon. There is so much that could be done with the Whills that could truly expand the universe.