main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What’s the saddest death in all of Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by The Senate, Feb 15, 2020.

1. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I would say any of the major deaths in the sequel trilogy Luke,Han,and Leia.I felt very sad after those but also deaths like Kanan Jarrus,Anakin Skywalker,Yoda.

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  2. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Padme and Leia

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  3. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    Leia's made me the saddest. Chewie's reaction didn't help. :(

4. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    I'd say the whole Rogue One team, that one Ewok who got blasted by an AT-ST in ROTJ, and 99 from TCW all like to take turns unplugging my tear ducts.

5. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Anakin for sure. Not sad, per se, but the most touching.

Shmi's death and Qui-Gon's were also quite sad. Especially young Obi-Wan's reaction.

None of the OT trio deaths were very impactful imo. Chewie's "death" was the saddest, or at the least the most shocking.

6. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000

"The saddest scene in Star Wars"
    "saddest moment ever made me cry"
    "Too sad... I can't even"
    "When GOD cried..."
    "Out of all 11 Star Wars films released so far, this is still without a doubt the saddest part out of all the films. Hands down."
    @};-@};-@};-@};-

7. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I was going to mention that one. It's the one scene out of all the movies that I can't even really look at ;)

8. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'd say Padme's death is the saddest/most symbolic... primarily in terms of what it represents e.g. the fall of Anakin/the birth of Vader and the death of the Republic. It has a Greek tragedy gravitas to it that allows it to transcend some of the stilted dialogue/acting, and become something more epic.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  9. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Same.

10. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    I think Han, Luke and Leia all had the saddest deaths. Although each of their deaths is punctuated by the fact that they were able to succeed in what they were trying to do for Kylo/Ben, and in Luke's case, for the Resistance.

Vader's sacrifice is touching, but not necessarily sad to me. All the same, he gave his life to save Luke, and it's one of the best scenes in the entire saga.

Sarge likes this.
  11. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    K-2SO holding off the Imperials for Jyn and Cassian to me was really touching. Especially given his personality throughout the movie.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Star Wars itself?
    I'll get me coat.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    MOVED TO SWC.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Well I'd agree with most of those already mentioned, particularly Padme's.
    But one that hasn't been: the Order 66 montage in ROTS where all the main Jedi and the younglings are killed. These aren't characters you've gotten to know very well, but what they represent is a huge deal, they were the last line of defense protecting the Old Republic and the last barrier separating Palpatine from enjoying unlimited power....!

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  16. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Anakin's death and rebirth as Vader, at the same time Padme was dying, was very sad.

17. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I have to walk out of the room.

18. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    From 77 to 83, I was desperate for Vader to die, preferably struck down with the righteous vengeance of Luke's saber. It was going to be awesome.

And then when it happened, I was so sad. :(

20. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Basically how I felt with Kylo Ren in the ST which I was not expecting at all.

Leia's is definitely the saddest of all for me though, because of how respectfully done it was and the real life aspect of it with Carrie's passing. Not many movie moments get me to shed a tear, but Leia's passing did on both my TROS viewings.

21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Vader/Anakin dying in the end of ROTJ is one of the top 3 movie scenes that make me cry every time. #2, actually. The other two of that top 3 aren't Star Wars.

As for other Star Wars deaths that were very sad to me, the next saddest is Jyn and Cassian on the beach in Rogue One. Again, I cry every time.

Ben Solo dying in TROS was really sad too, because I'm a Reylo shipper.

Leia dying was also sad, but less sad than I expected it to be, and didn't make me cry. Probably because I'd already mourned Carrie, so I was kind of ready for it.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Before I considered the ST to be false Star Wars, Han's death made feel sad. It doesn't now. I thought that Leia's death might effect me (for the obvious reason) but for some reason it didn't at all, even with Chewie showing his emotions. Now if I read Vector Prime for Chewie's death that makes me FEEL sad. Same with Anakin Solo in Star by Star. On screen through I think Yoda's death is my saddest, followed by.....

And then Aayla Secura (due to knowing her though Dark Horse comics, cannot disconnect feelings created by Legends)

23. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Luke's death made me angry.
    Leia and Han were the saddest to me. Han because it was so abrupt and Leia because I had expected her to die after finding out the they were putting the character in the movie after Carrie's death.
    Ben was sad too, but to me it was like a "Really?" type of thing after Leia gave her life to reach her son, only for him to die anyways.[face_dunno]

study3600 and Darth_Furio like this.
  24. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    +1. One of the many things in TLJ that did.

Ben's death made me laugh inside and [face_dancing].

25. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    It just gave me the feeling that Leia's death was basically a moot point.
    And with Ben being the last Skywalker [face_dunno]And Rey taking on the name doesn't cut it for me.

study3600 and Blackhole E Snoke like this.