main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The outer skin wasn't blown to bits, it was blown away. We don't see it in the movie because the blast is too bright, or the outer most parts are ejected faster than we can see.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    You can certainly tell that some big fragments survived from the ground view of the explosion

(that was one of the reasons for the whole Endor Holocaust theory - multi-kilometer fragments hitting the Forest Moon would devastate it)

but I can see why people might think the Kef Bir wreckage is a lot bigger than they'd expect.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Even then we're only seeing the crust or outer most shell of the Death Star on Kef Bir. That's like the tinfoil on the chocolate egg.

The fact that the Death Star is largely open on the back makes a lot of sense that the blast would escape out the path of least resistance. That could also explain why that side of the Death Star would be propelled away from the Forest Moon.

5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I kind of like how the death star blew apart and landed on the neighboring moon. I always thought it seemed odd that the station would just be completely incinerated to the point of having nothing left over.

I have a question: How did Leia simply reaching out to connect with Ben's mind and say his name be enough to cause her to die?!

(sorry if it's been asked already, but I don't have time to sift thru 30 pages...)

6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Leia is doing more than just reaching out to Ben. How much more I don't totally know. But Leia is holding Han Solo's medal when she dies. I think we can infer from this and how Luke used Han's dice in TLJ - that Leia is somehow responsible for the memory of Han Solo appearing to Ben Solo. Leia maybe have some other unseen effects on the events after she passed away. Her vanishing is directly connected to when Ben fades away.

Is it possible that Ben isn't dead, and Leia enabled him to be transported elsewhere through the Force. A one time escape which would allow Ben Solo to evade the Resistance to start of his new reformed life?

Also how did Ben Solo get to Exegol in an old no-lightspeed TIE fighter? Could he have been pulling a Luke?

I'd say no. Ben is dead. He's dead until he's needed for more movies, at which point there are enough loop holes in TROS that he could still alive as plausible as Palpatine survived.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    DARTH_BELO and Iron_lord like this.
  7. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    It casued her to die because she was "force projecting" across a galactic distance. Luke could do that verbally without exhausting his spirit, but projecting himself visually took everything he had. However Leia is not as developed in her powers and possibly not as strong. So she was exhausted by doing this even just verbally.

There is a theory that she kept herself barely alive and was spiritually with him the whole time, which is why she doesn't disappear until he does. I'm not sure what all the arguments are for and against this theory, since everyone at the base seems to assume she is already dead when she falls back on the bed. Maz Kanata understands what is happening, but nobody else does.

8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    It seems that Leia is still doing something. At the very least she is waiting to take Ben's spirit along with hers when she vanishes. But Maz giving Chewbacca the medal after Leia was holding it seems like a reveal. It's there to show Leia was doing something more. Also interesting that Leia is not a voice helping Rey. Did Leia's sprit lingering on in the Living Force has some role to play in defeating Palpatine?

Vialco likes this.
  9. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    I think Leia was supporting Ben, holding him in the light.

My real question is why Kylo Ren hadn't been to Mustafar before, to scour Darth Vader's castle for any relics of his fallen hero.

Vialco likes this.
  10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Maybe he had, but not to that area. The warriors protecting the castle grounds probably left no room for casual visits.

Once Kylo Ren learned exactly where to go, he too backup and brought the fight to take what he wanted. I wish we got see the swamp alien he would have talked to.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I kinda thought she may have done this as well. But yes, I was also confused at the fact that she didn't disappear until Ben did...Not sure I like the whole "spiritually supporting him" theory-but I guess I could accept it.

I wish we would've actually seen Darth Vader's castle.

12. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    I posted this in the development thread (I've added another detail):

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  13. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    If Palpatine can choke Hux through Snoke, why cant he just choke anyone?

14. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    My take? It isn't Palpatine doing all that stuff. Snoke is a different person. He's actually better at some things than Sidious himself, but of course we know there is some built in weakness to Snoke that Sidious can exploit.

15. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    I dont know so he can connect with the force but is weak minded? That doesn't make sense because then he could have all those Snokes and just have no need for kylo or any diad. Why not make a million Snokes and suck the life out of them? Sorry but this whole bit is very off, especially in terms of time frame.

16. Zdarlight

Zdarlight Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2016
    This discussion brings to mind Kylo's line in TLJ when he sees Rey's image through the Force - he says something to the effect of "you're not doing this, the effort would kill you." Then at the end of TLJ we see the effort of true Force projection killing Luke... so imo that neatly sets up the fact that huge efforts like that have the capability of killing Force users, particularly the less-trained ones.

Although Leia's been trained, her training has pretty much lapsed and she hasn't made any kind of major use of the Force for years. She's also in a weakened state already. So, to me, it makes sense that the major effort of getting through to Kylo (who has probably barricaded his mind in some way) and potentially projecting Han's image to him (depending on which theory on that you believe) would be enough to finish her off.

DARTH_BELO and Iron_lord like this.
  17. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    Why wasn't there a cottage industry around pillaging the Death Star II wreckage? Was it because the thing was out in the ocean and too hard to reach, or because the moon was uninhabited? And while we're at it, why did it land on a different habitable moon of Endor that is uninhabited?

18. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree that the reason the Death Star II was unpillaged was largely cos it was in the middle of the ocean, which as depicted in TROS was quite dangerous to get to and from-let alone with a bunch of found equipment bogging you down. Not sure about the planet's population but it seemed that those runaways from the FO were possibly the only ones...

I figured the reason the DS II crashed on that moon instead was cos the explosion blew it out of the forest moon's orbit-and as the ocean moon was the "neighboring moon," it happened to crash into that one instead. Maybe not even right away-maybe the parts stayed in orbit of the gas giant Endor for a while before finally striking into the ocean moon. I acknowledge the chances could've been slim-but it didn't look like ALL of the DS crashed into it, so part of it may have crashed elsewhere...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    MarcJordan and Iron_lord like this.
  19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Is Poe simply joking around when he says that Chewbacca is 250 years old in TROS (He should be 235 going by the canon timeline) or is he being serious? If he is wouldn't that be a continuity error?

20. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    He's being approximate.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  21. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    When Rey stop a ship in mid air, the one Chewie got on but JJ fix his death in post, why does kylo try to stop her by pulling the ship towards him? Why does kylo need the ship. Shouldn't he be pushing it into space? Or why not just push it back to at Rey? I dont get why kylo needs the ship. Is like JJ seen Rian Johnsons The Last Jedi(great film btw) scene where they fight over Luke's lightsabre and he thought it was cool so he thinks, "hey cool scene in episode nine I think I will do this but instead of a sabre I'll do it with a spaceship."

Wtf.

22. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Kylo : “I pushed you in the desert because I needed to see it. I needed you to see it. Who you are. I know the rest of your story. Rey-“

And there were two transports. Finn pointed at the wrong one.

MJ

23. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Um no, it isn't like Kylo desperately needed the ship. He was testing Rey. He wants her to turn, remember?

Also, Kylo actually looked a little sorry for Rey when the ship exploded. Character development.

Another non-complaint about TROS from you. TROS was way more consistent with SW than TLJ. Imo.

Oh and Kylo and Rey fighting over the saber in TLJ was very different. They are both realising the other won't turn and are actually grabbing for it to fight their way out of the situation. More of a combat situation than TROS. In TROS it was a mental stand-off. Kylo even lets her leave after the ship explodes.

Right back at ya.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  24. obi-arin-kenobi

Jun 10, 2005
    Just having a little light hearted satirical fun. No need to be so serious all the time.

25. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    That is fair I guess. I should relax.
    Just my patience is tested fighting what seems like a futile battle for the SW content I enjoy.

Oh well.