main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    They're just movies.

2. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Blasphemy! :p

Jedi_Prophet77 likes this.
  3. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I cant be the only person to have that as almost a tradition.

As long as it isn't vile. Then it just becomes trashy.

4. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    What’s Force Ghost Anakin up to while Kylo is wrecking the galaxy in “Vader’s” name?
    If Snoke is so powerful why doesn’t Palpatine just make another one? It’s not like he’s the type of guy who isn’t willing to wait a few more years for his plans to come together. I doubt he’s getting any more dead in the meantime.

Miles Lodson likes this.
  5. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    Why have a full six movie story arc for a character to start off a saga, show said character die and come back as a redeemed ghost at the end of the sixth episode, show that force ghosts can intervene both as a mentor and also physically throughout the saga, then never have that fully hashed out character play no meaningful role whatsoever for the saga's concluding chapters?

Were there contractual issues? Or did they honestly think this would not be good for the story?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    RetropME and Miles Lodson like this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is a very good question, and one of the biggest mistakes of the ST IMO - why aren't we given more on Anakin? I guess we could speculate that Palpatine is somehow stopping Anakin from appearing to Kylo, but that's far fetched.
    My guess? The Snoke we meet is the actual Snoke. A Force sensitive apprentice/slave of Palpy's, while the Snokes in the tank are clones - not necessarily Force sensitive ones (cloning Force sensitives have always been iffy in SW), but back-ups in case Snoke would be killed before serving his purpose. Actual puppets that Palps could control, even if they can't use the Force, to pose as the real Snoke.
    Maybe he is. Maybe the Sith alchemy-created/recreated body is slowly rotting away. Palpatine might need to execute his plans quickly by the time of TROS because his body is dying, and his spirit won't have anywhere to go once the body is unusable. Hence why he wants Rey to kill him in anger, so he can transfer his essence to her.

RetropME, cratylus and Iron_lord like this.
  7. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
  8. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    One of them did protest, and the Supreme Leader telekinetically slammed him against the ceiling. General Pryde is the ranking officer in Kylo Ren's absence, and he is completely loyal to Palpatine.

9. Zdarlight

Zdarlight Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2016
    I mean, anything to do with the Force is super unknowable and super intimidating to pretty much everyone else in the galaxy. In the entire history of Star Wars, we've not been shown many 'ordinary' people with the confidence to properly take on a Force user. There's bags of legends and mythology in-universe regarding the powers of Force-sensitive people and in the current canon, we haven't seen any 'ordinary' person successfully tackle and defeat a Force user. Not to mention the fact that Kylo's been shown to be incredibly volatile and not someone to be messed with.

I'd put good money on the fact that everyone in the FO, from low-level footsoldiers right up to the command level, is **** scared of Kylo Ren and everything Force-related that he might be connected to. Pryde is loyal to Palpatine (and probably **** scared of him too) and even though there's a chain of command there, Ren's still the Supreme Leader at the end of the day. His disappearance might have covered half the movie but it was only a matter of hours in real-time, of course it wasn't a big thing, they were probably just expecting him to come back and take charge again.

10. Zdarlight

Zdarlight Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2016
    There may well have been contractual issues, or it may well have just been a massive gaffe on the part of the writers, who might not have considered Anakin relevant to the sequel trilogy.

My theory on this - which could quite easily just be me grasping at straws to make sense of the above - is that Kylo was so incredibly misguided and manipulated by Snoke/Palpatine that the 'positive side' of Anakin's ghost was unable to get through to him. From things he says, Kylo suggests that he's heard from his grandfather, but we can't be certain that what he's heard wasn't just what Snoke/Palpatine WANTED him to hear. They wanted him to believe in the old, evil Anakin, not the one who'd found redemption. And Kylo also wanted to believe that he was on the right path: he'd convinced himself that he was continuing Vader's legacy.

So I reckon that Anakin's ghost was around and potentially even trying to get through to him, but all Kylo could hear (and wanted to hear) was the voice of Vader - which was exactly what Snoke and Palpatine were pushing him to hear. I believe that Force-users probably have the ability to mentally barricade themselves against certain influences (which could have been why it took Leia so long to get through to her son), and so Kylo had barricaded himself against Anakin, whether he knew it or not.

11. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Hopefully this quesiton isn't redundant.

Did Kylo Ren recover his wayfinder from the TIE fighter Rey disabled on Pasaana, or did he leave it on another one he used later to go and pick her up from the DS2 wreckage? The former might seem simpler, but maybe he didn't bring his wayfinder to Pasaana. The reason this occurred to me is that although wayfinders appear to be fairly heat-resistant, he actually crushes one in his hand, so the notion that it survived the crash could be seen as a problem. On the other hand, maybe he kept it in his meditation room on the star destroyer and only brought it along when he went to Endor, so he could go directly to Exegol from there. But then again, he doesn't appear to need it once he has already made the trip.

Secondary question, how did he intend to bring Rey to Exegol if she converted? Or was he really intending to kill her in the duel? The TIE fighter might be pretty cramped--or did it have a gunner position like the fighter Poe and Finn stole two movies before?

12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    These are the good questions.

And how did Kylo take what appears to be a standard short rang Imerpail Tie Fighter from the OT to Exegol. I'd almost say he was a Force Projection if it weren't for that parked TIE fighter. Have been to Exegol once does Kylo now know the way? Did he use the Force? All we know is Kylo got there.

So my big question is what does Rey's vision in the mirrors mean in The Last Jedi. Does all this new talk of clones shed any light on it? What about the Sith passing on their souls from Sith Lord to Sith Lord over time? What's the vision mean?

Good point. If Kylo says The First Order is doing something, who is going to stop him or say no? As for Kylo going away. It's only for a few days, maybe just hours. So his abssense isn't over very much time. It does happen at a very important moment, but with Hux dead, General Pryde is revealed to be a Palpatine Loyalist. Also we only see one First Order Star Destoryer on Exegol That's Pryde's the rest of the First Order is doing it's thing in the regular galaxy seperate from the Final Order. It would seem Pryde took just what Palpatine needed to lead out his fleet and set the trap for Rey and Ben Solo. I'd guess the the Knights of Ren were brought to Palpatine on Pryde's Star Destoryer.

13. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Did Kylo Ren recover his wayfinder from the TIE fighter Rey disabled on Pasaana, or did he leave it on another one he used later to go and pick her up from the DS2 wreckage?
    Any option would be valid, but I think it is more likely that he had access to multiple TIE fighters for his use, so I think he left it on another one that he used later to go and pick her up from the DS2 wreckage.

How did he intend to bring Rey to Exegol if she converted? Or was he really intending to kill her in the duel? The TIE fighter might be pretty cramped--or did it have a gunner position like the fighter Poe and Finn stole two movies before?
    I am very sure that he never wanted to kill Rey in this trilogy. Of course he almost killed her several times, but I feel that he wanted to push her, and in Pasaana, he mentioned that he wanted to push her so she can see for herself her Dark Side powers.
    So I feel that he wanted to bring her in the TIE fighter, and I think that your observation is valid, meaning that there are possibly two seats in the TIE fighter. But being the Supreme Leader, of course he could also have demanded someone to bring another TIE or transport if he wanted. I think TIE fighters have radio communication with the fleet, so I think he could have asked for it if needed.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  14. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Where did Kylo Ren get his plot armor to survive an exploding TIE fighter?

Where did Rey, Finn, Poe, and Threepio shop to pick up their sets for when their speeders were blown up from under them?

When did Lando outfit almost 15,000 ships with lightning-proof plating?

Where is this mystical shop that sells you all your plot contrivances?

15. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Why did the Mace Windu Reflected Force Lightning Facial Ridges show up on Clone Palp's face after siphoning Rey and Ben's Force powers?

16. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    So, 'only two were made'. Wayfinders I mean. Were they already in their place (Mustafar, that DSII chamber) in ROTJ? And related to this, did Vader go to Exegol before ROTJ?

17. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  18. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Badically it was probably in his castle but since the planet was healing (see darth vader comic) the castle may have been destroyed or he wanted it more hidden so he put it in the forest?

19. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Snoke was not supposed to find Exegol, but maybe he was supposed to have this ring. It's etched with glyphs of Dwartii, ancient philosophers admired by Palpatine. Maybe the KOR put that stone chest in the forest at some point. Apparently they knew hot to get to Exegol.

MarcJordan likes this.
  20. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I always wonder just what it is the pilots are doing when they're flicking all those switches on various consoles. They all do it: Rey, Kylo, Poe. It's especially noticeable when Poe does it in the opening action sequence, when he leans over to reach some switches on the wall. I've tried pretending to do this in my car while driving (home isolation and the hunt for toilet paper is driving me a bit more batty than usual) and so I flick the AC on and off, open and close my sunglasses holder compartment, turn my AC vents in random directions, flip my visor back and forth. Didn't give me any more insight to this. 8-}

How did he intend to bring Rey to Exegol if she converted? Or was he really intending to kill her in the duel? The TIE fighter might be pretty cramped--or did it have a gunner position like the fighter Poe and Finn stole two movies before?

I agree with the speculation to the response to this, but I also wonder if there isn't a cargo hold you could squeeze a person into as well. This is how I justify the X-wing door being used as Luke's door on his hut and then reattached to the ship; there'd been an extra panel stored in the cargo hold, which is the one he used for his hut. Also, this is how Rey snuck Ben Solo off Exegol, since she lied about him dying, and is going to find him a place he can live happily ever after. (I don't handle character deaths very well, obviously).

21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I think you'll find that flilling random switches kicks in the "ridiculous drive" and "music for drama". I think you may have flipped your visor and AC in the wrong order otherwise you'd have noticed.

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan likes this.
  22. JohnWilliamsSonoma

JohnWilliamsSonoma Force Ghost star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I think there's more to that line than just the Wayfinders. I think it also refers to Luke/Leia, Kylo/Rey, ... the two houses of Skywalker/Palpatine.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  23. Jedi_Prophet77

Jedi_Prophet77 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2017
    I thought TROS visually established this: he is indeed rotting away, eaten alive, literally 'consumed' by the dark side.

TCF-1138 and cratylus like this.
  24. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Why did Rey conveniently not become the one with the Force when she keeled over but waited to be saved?

What is the point of Leia waiting to become one with the Force til Ben died? Did she know he would die? No seriously, what was the wait about?

Why didn't Ben become a FG outside of JJ wanting to pay the tribute to the twins and not thinking about the plothole he created?

Why is Palaptine considered dead now that he had no problem exploding before and coming back lol?

is Rey's resurrection "ability some consider unnatural"? or because it's Rey who was resurrected that it's OK?

How does resurrection work anyway? Did it happen before?

I don't think we'll ever get any answers cause LFL is actively trying to forget this movie happened. It's all Mando and TCW for them cause they are well received.

25. JohnWilliamsSonoma

JohnWilliamsSonoma Force Ghost star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    How did the Falcon spy transmission and light speed skipping scene even survive final cut? You literally don’t need it in the movie. You could go from Kylo meeting Palpatine to cutting on Rey when Kylo asks, “Who is she?” (How they didn’t is beyond me) and then when the Falcon returns you learn all the information you need about their mission. Lightspeed skipping never comes into play in the movie again so there’s no reason to see it other than to give the audience a flashy action sequence. The whole scene is expendable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020