main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How often do you watch through the whole Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by theskycorvair, Jan 26, 2020.

1. theskycorvair

theskycorvair Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2020
    Just curious how often everybody makes a point of watching through all the saga films in their preferred order.

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I don't watch them in order as I already know the story. It more depends on what mood I am in. The ones I watch most are 1 through 6.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Same. I think the last time I watched them in a specific order was when my kids were younger and O was introducing them to Star Wars. I also pretty much never have time for a movie marathon and I can’t sit still that long so it’s one movie at a time.

I guess I’ve sort of been watching them in episodic numerical order since I got Disney Plus, because I’m trying to see all of them on 4K, but I’ve only watched TPM and AOTC so far.

Bazinga'd and christophero30 like this.
  4. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Used to be once every few years, but that was when Eps 1-6 were the only serious Star Wars visual media around.

Not sure what it will be going forward. There's so much great Star Wars content now with the TV shows that the saga films are starting to occupy a very, very niche place on my mental Star Wars shelf.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Last time I marathoned them was with my dad around 2015 during the lead up to TFA. Most of the time, ill just watch which ever one I feel like.

ROTS is probably my most watched, but I did a change of pace and watched AOTC a few weeks back.

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Last time was when I got a new HD TV a couple of years ago. It took me a while to watch them all. I’m not sure when the next time will be but it’ll be another few years. I’ve watched these movies so many times and there’s so much exciting content out these days.

7. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    It's been several years. I sometimes like to watch the occasional movie. I saw "The Phantom Menace" back in May, due to it celebrating its 20th anniversary. But I haven't watched the entire saga as a whole in a very long time.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    christophero30 likes this.
  8. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    I never watch single movies. I always watch the whole saga (well, 1-6) from beginning to end, watching a film per day/week or whatever (although I have watchted all six films in one day, and also, I've watched each trilogy in one day). I try to watch the saga once per year, although there are years that I haven't done this.
    Between my rewatches, I try never to watch single scenes, or clips or whatever. Makes me want to rewatch the saga even more.

christophero30 likes this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It's usually years for me. I've seen my favorites so many times, I'd get burned out on them if I watched more often.

10. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    As a SW fan from 77 I still watch the OT quite often. I would watch ESB the most and ANH. I wouldn't put the PT on by choice but did watch ROTS for a bit when it was on TV before xmas. I also watch RO a fair bit but can't say I'll ever watch TFA again. Would never watch TLJ a second time and after which I decided that what Disney is doing isn't in the spirt of what SW was for me so I skipped ROS. I am very pleased for doing that from the reports from like minded SW fans.

I can't see that I will watch anything again beyond the GL creations to be honest.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  11. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I usually watch Epsiodes I-VI once a year around May the 4th. Everything else, I watch when I feel like it. I'd like to do an epic marathon of everything - all the movies, all the TV shows - at some point, but I don't know when that would be as I would want to do it after I haven't watched anything Star Wars for a while. We don't really have dry spells anymore.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  12. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    If by “Saga” you mean Episodes I - VI, I never watch them all the way through one order. Or at least, it’s been years. I did that with my husband when we first started dating and that was the last time. But I pick out films from the six to watch throughout the year, depending on my mood and/or what I’ve watched most recently. Since R1, I’ve added that to the collection. I return to these staples for things like chores or escapism after a bad day or on a sick day home from work.

13. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Every May the 4th

14. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    As others have mentioned with how much Star Wars content we've gotten over the years it's become more difficult to the find the time to do a thorough marathon and I myself haven't done a complete watch through in years. I do re-watch my favorite films in the saga from time to time still and I do intend to attempt another marathon someday soon, especially with ESB's upcoming anniversary being an excellent opportunity to do so.

15. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I usually watch 1 or 2 per month, sometimes more.

16. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Every year since 2016 I chronologically go through the whole saga (up to RotJ) throughout the span of the year. Starting with reading things like the Darth Bane trilogy and KotOR in January. Reading Cloak of Deception, Darth Plagueis and watching TPM in February, etc. etc. culminating in RotJ in December. Up to and including the Clone Wars series between AotC and RotS - which I of coarse supplement by bookending with the Tartkovsky micro-series.

On a side note: not only do I not condone watching any two or more films back-to-back in one sitting, I often only watch each film one act at a time, taking at least a small break in between to process everything that happened. And then come back when I feel emotionally & mentally caught up.

On another side note: I do include Rebels, but because of time constraints I usually only watch a few of my favorite/most crucial episodes from each season.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Emperor Ferus likes this.
  17. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    That's a cool idea. I don't think I'd want to do it every year, but I could see myself setting aside a Star Wars Year at some point and going through the films and TV shows. It would give me some breathing room, so I wouldn't get burned out as easily. Adding books is a cool idea too.

18. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    If you include all nine films it will literally take all day now.

19. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Before the Disney era, I'd watch them 1-6 every few months. Now that we're at 10, soon to be 11, available to watch, it takes nearly 24 hours. Now I generally watch what suits my mood. Lately I've been indulging in Rogue One/A New Hope back to back. I've also been doing Empire/Last Jedi back to back.

20. Luna2112

Luna2112 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2016
    Usually at least once a year, and I actually just watched 1-6, plus R1 and Solo, last weekend (I had a 3 day weekend). I work for a school so I have a lot of time off during Summer and Christmas break, so it's become a tradition to at least watch all the films. I've done what I call "Marathon Runs" twice where I watch everything; so including TCW and Rebels. The first was in the lead up to Rogue One and again for TLJ. Granted, Rebels was still airing and there were a couple less films at the time, but it took roughly a month to get through it all. I want to do it again soon, but it's a lot of stuff to watch not even counting "The Mandalorian" and completed sequel trilogy.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    For me. I haven’t watched through the Saga sequels include since the first time. Ever since the first time I watched Star Wars back in 2006I have only watched individual episodes when I feel like it

22. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I last watched 1-8 and Rogue One as part of my pre TROS marathon. In general though I just watch whatever film I feel like from time to time.

lovethedarkside likes this.
  23. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I did a marathon leading up to both TLJ and TROS! Enjoyed it a lot each time, although I do it over the course of a week. I don't see myself ever really doing it again though, as the new movies won't be related to the Skywalker Saga. I watch a Star Wars movie usually once every couple months or so. I've seen them all so many times that I could probably tell you the movie before anything happens. I like watching the PT and ST the most. The movie I've probably watched the most in my life is either ANH or TPM. ROTS will always be my favorite.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Grievousdude and cratylus like this.
  24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't watch the movies that often anymore. Back when there were only six films, I'd do a 1-6 marathon about once a year (over the course of two days), and then probably watch ROTS another two times over the course of the year (it's just so darn rewatchable :) ). Since the new movies started coming out, I've been changing it up a bit. I watched 1-6 over two days to prepare for TFA. Then I didn't watch all the movies through again until TLJ, but I watched ROTS and ANH around the time RO came out. Then when it was time for Solo I had recently watched all the films in the lead-up to TLJ, so I didn't watch them again. I didn't watch any SW movie again until I did my marathon in the days leading up to TROS (and I included both Solo and RO).
    I'll probably watch 1-9 sometime after TROS has been released on Blu-Ray, but after that I'll probably not do another marathon for a few years, and instead just watch individual movies I'm in the mood for.

Darth Buzz and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  25. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    If you'd like a nice cinematic experience with Star Wars, watch ROTS/Solo/RO/ANH. Solo gives a couple of nice nods to ROTS as it draws you forward into RO, and of course, RO/ANH back to back is just amazing.