main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars 7.01 - The Bad Batch - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 20, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 28, 2020.
  1. 10

24.6%
  2. 9

20.0%
  3. 8

32.3%
  4. 7

7.7%
  5. 6

9.2%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1.5%
  9. 2

3.1%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 7.01!!
    The Bad Batch
    (Original Story Reel Discussion HERE)

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Clone Wars episodes air on Friday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must* use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must* be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

*As they have already aired in the past, spoilers for the Bad Batch arc are allowed prior to the individual episode airings.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It really is like Christmas eve. I might have to dig out my Captain Rex ornament and hand it somewhere. I'm so excited to watch this episode!

4. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    This is a strange feeling. I remember anticipating each episode back in the day, watching the episode trailer etc. I was 14 when this show started and now I'm 26. :eek:

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Wow, I never thought I'd get the chance to participate in a new TCW thread.:D

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It'll really be something in four weeks when we get the first truly new TCW episode since 2015.

8. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I won't get overly critical until I actually see it in full.
    But I do wish this last season had been composed of episodes we haven't seen at all yet.
    Still, maybe there will be something more than in the episode reels we saw already. Over all they were decent even when incomplete.

Darkslayer, Snafu55 and Seerow like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I would like to think we have surprises in store tomorrow and this isn't the exact same "Bad Batch" we saw before in the incomplete storyreel. Also, for alot of the Disney+ audiences this episode is going to be brand new. I think this is going to be loads of fun.

Snafu55 likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I haven't watched any of the story reels so this will be all new for me! I'm so excited! :D

Seerow likes this.
  11. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    That makes 2 of us!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    This is weird. Can we party like it's 2014 or something?

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I remember these very poorly. They'll be fairly new to me and TCW has always had great repeat value for me anyways. I want to believe I rage quit part way through and forgot, believing I'd wait till one day they were completed and that it wasn't because I was inebriated and forgot. I didn't even remember the names of the Bad Batch until I started reading them.

It makes more sense now why Dave would want to retcon the beardy old guy in ROTJ to Rex. Rex actually is Santa bringing me Christmas morning tomorrow.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    almost show time

15. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm glad I didn't watch the unfinished story reels now. For all I know everyone in the Bad Batch could die in the first five minutes. :D

Speaking of clones and death... I'm so glad Echo surviving the Citadel arc is going to be canon. He was my favourite clone.

16. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    What time do this episode drop? At midnight or 3am?

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    3 AM theoretically but Mando roll outs sometimes took an hour across various platforms. If you need to watch it ASAP at 3 AM it'll probably be on internet web browser at that time. I've basically taken to not checking until like 3:30-4 or so meself.

I saw the story reels once and my memory is vague so it'll feel mostly sorta new to me. At least the animation won't look like Reboot from the 90s this time ahahah.

Seerow likes this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll check one time around 3ish. If not then I'll try to sleep and try it later. I need this on the big screen. I'm hoping these stream to the full capabilities of Disney+. I wait for the day seasons 4-6 are remastered. But animation is going to be the most gorgeous yet. When you watch the Bad Batch clip the clones have a more flued bounce in their step than before.

19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    trust me, back in the day, it was just endless people crying about EU contradictions.

also, the live reactions to the first half of season 3... o o f

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I don't know, but this time it feels final

21. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Oh I'm aware. I've looked through a lot of the older threads.
    Still nice to be able to participate in a discussion of my favorite series.:)

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I am stoked for the return obviously but I think it'll be more excited come episode 5 when we hit the for reals new stuff. (I'll give Crystal Crisis story reels a rewatch at some point though because I just saw that ep 5 isn't Crystal Crisis so yay, new episodes start at 5!)

23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Season 3 was rough, but it was harder than ever being a TCW fan around the time of Season 5. There was an ever-present sense of dread that the show was on its last legs which was fueled by declining ratings, Cartoon Network screwing around with the time slot, constant rumors of cancellation, Hasbro announcing they would stop producing toys for it, and of course the Disney buyout. And to rub salt in the wound, there were people who gleefully celebrated its demise and delighted in sharing that sentiment on this forum.

While I'm still very disappointed in Disney's apparent lack of interest in completing all the unfinished arcs, I'm glad things have changed for the better and the show is finally getting the recognition and acclaim it deserves.

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I feel we’d get a Dark Disciple animated film at the very least

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    We always did have plenty of circular debates going about TCW and the ol' canon steamroller. One of my buddies here used to meme the crap out of that. We got a lot of mileage out of those discussions though, I had fun. Just take a look at the mileage we got out of "The Wrong Jedi" in that episode thread. I'm hoping Bad Batch will at least generate a similar level of discussion as the Umbara episodes did. Folks not liking it will contribute to that fun.

I think Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir have the highest chance of adaption out anything else in the future. For now I'll enjoy spending some time with my ol' buddy Captain Rex.

Darkslayer and IG_2000 like this.