main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Nite at Disneyland May 27

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ChrisLyne, Jan 24, 2020.

1. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    I was able to get tickets as well. I consulted with my friend and he said to get them even though no ROTR. I wonder though if you could get a virtual reservation in the morning sometime in the 6 - 9 time. The event doesn't start til 9:00 but you can show up to the park as early as 6.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    [​IMG]

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  3. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Got my tickets! First time to a Disney park, so you could say I'm a little excited :)

A few questions (mainly just clarifications) for anyone who has experience with these things:

Ticket says we can get in at 6:00pm, so that'll just be normal park operations, right? Then 9:00pm is when the event starts and only After Dark ticketholders are allowed in, yes? And (most) of the rest of the park will be open, correct?

I'll probably want to stay focused on the Star Wars events for this night, so I might do like @StarWarsFan1997 and get tickets for before Celebration to experience the "normal" Disney experience.

Padme501st likes this.
  4. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Yes
    yes. there will be several turnstiles dedicated to the event when you arrive so they can wristband you. they will start getting people out around 8:30pm approximately and as long as you have the wristband you can stay.
    Yes, most rides, with few exceptions, will be open and running.

Link1130 and ChrisLyne like this.
  5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I really hope all is resolved for you Chris!

I wonder if those of you who had problems with the tickets were on time for when it released. I saw the posts here about an hour after and I could go straight in and buy tickets, it was a bit slow to load the check-out and processing, but once it was through I got my confirmation email directly.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks @Obi Anne. From what I've seen it does seem a lot of those with issues were early buyers, but that might just be because I'm some UK groups and most people bought the tickets before work this morning.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  7. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    Seeing a few tweets from some people who might be heard questioning having ROTR closed for Star Wars Nite. I doubt it will change, but sometimes things do with enough discussion.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002

Padme501st likes this.
  9. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I was able to purchase a ticket at 9:15 am UK time but not without difficulty. I'm a Disney Vacation Club member and as a regular visitor to Disney World I've got a longstanding Disney Account which I regularly access for any Disney linked site. I noticed the tickets were available to purchase on the Disneyland site a little after 8 am and whilst I was initially able to put a ticket into my shopping cart, when I tried to log in to my account I got a message saying it had been a long time since I'd logged in and I'd been sent an email with a link to re-set my password! I immediately checked my emails and clicked on the link in the email I'd been sent but the link wouldn't load and when I tried to click on the link again I then got a message saying the link had expired! I tried to log into my Disney account via My Disney Experience and also via the DVC website only to get a message on both sites saying my account was frozen. I tried getting further emails sent to my email so I could re-set my password but I wasn't receiving any emails from Disney any time I asked for a password request. Of course at that time of the morning in the UK I couldn't phone Disney to sort out the problem as the technical team in the US wasn't open!!

I knew that the tickets would be likely to sell out quickly and it would be risky waiting until I could speak to Disney's tech team to re-activate my account so in the end I decided to set up a new Disney account with a different email address and was actually able to easily purchase a ticket that way. I got an email with an e-ticket for the event seconds after purchasing the ticket! Out of curiosity has anyone else who's received an e-ticket got a number after their name on the ticket? Mine has 1997 after my name and the only thing I could think it means is I purchase the 1997th ticket for the event!

I had to wait until I finished work before phoning Disney to get my usual account re-activated which it now has been but tickets had already been sold out by then so if I hadn't created a new account I would have missed out completely!!

I've been fortunate enough to ride Rise of the Resistance twice when I was in Disney World over New Year and I actually think it may not be a bad thing that it isn't available for the event. Without wanting to spoil anything for those who haven't ridden yet, if it was open during the event you wouldn't have time to do much else that's on offer as it really does take up a lot of time. It is the most amazing experience/ride I've ever encountered at Disney but it is still very unreliable and requires a lot of down time each day just to keep operating. I plan to visit Disneyland the day before Celebration starts and hope to be able to ride Rise then allowing me the opportunity to experience all the event specific happenings during the event.

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  10. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I feel like if there was any realistic way to have ROTR running for this, they would have planned to do it. There's a lot of pressure that week to have it running smoothly as much as possible.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    Odds are you are right of course.

[​IMG]

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I just read the event listing on the Disney site and they also said ROTR will not be running due to ,maintenance! how convenient. I don't know if I'll go to that, but for Disney first timers who are fans, it can be an important issue!

13. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I agree. Until the ride reliability improves to the extent they can start operating a normal Standby line with Fastpass at WDW and Maxpass at Disneyland instead of the current boarding groups then realistically there isn't any prospect of ROTR operating during the event.

When I was at Disney's Hollywood Studios on 3 January I was in the park before it opened at 7 am and was only able to secure Boarding Group 119 for that day which was a regular boarding group rather than a backup boarding group. The ride performed really badly that day and my boarding group couldn't be accommodated. As I had a regular boarding group rather than a back up group I was compensated a Fastpass to use the next day which enabled me to ride but it was incredibly frustrating and stressful waiting around on 3 January to see if my BG would be called. My second time trying for a boarding group a few days later was more successful as I secured BG45 which got me on the ride late morning.

I've been monitoring how ROTR has been performing at WDW and it's still having quite a few bad days with not that many boarding groups being accommodated. The last week or so boarding groups and backup boarding groups have been running out in less than 2 minutes from opening so it really is a lottery as to whether anyone there at opening manages to secure a boarding group that will actually get them to ride that day and that's when the park is open for 12 hours or more!

I don't realistically see how they could offer boarding groups for Star Wars Nite given the event is only on for limited hours rather than a full day. Even if they did offer boarding groups the chances of securing one would be slim to none as I suspect capacity would be incredibly limited. Until Disney can substantially improve ROTR's reliability I don't think they could risk having it open for Star Wars Nite. If they'd listed ROTR as being available on the event page but it ended up being down for most or all of the event Disney would be inundated with complaints. Whilst people are understandably disappointed it's not listed for the event at least this way nobody who purchased a ticket can say they expected to be able to ride it as Disney clearly stated before tickets went on sale ROTR wouldn't be open for the event.

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Got my refund taken care for the double charge. Was told it will be charged back to my card in 24 hours. Thanks for tip to wait to call. I was only on hold for 9 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne likes this.
  15. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Agreed. They really are damned if they do and damned if they don't until the ride is running more consistently. Even if they kept it offline on Thursday, if they run it during the event that probably means it would be offline during Friday for maintenance. So that would be down 2 days during Celebration just so it could run for a few hours during the event. I'm disappointed but I can see their logic. Like @Temp77 says, this way people know in advance so if they decide to run it then it's a bonus but if they can't at least everyone already knows.

No worries, glad it all worked out for you.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Temp77 likes this.
  16. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Just noticed a double charge on my cc. I wonder if they will self correct or if I need to call? I'll see if it actually posts in the next day or two before calling.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'd wait until it posts. I'd hate for them to remove pending charges and accidentally wipe out your ticket.

Padme501st and JonSB like this.
  18. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I was a bit undecisive, and then when I finally caught some time to look into the booking they were just sold out. So that settles it for me. xD Still hope to do GE on Monday.

19. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If you don't find someone else to go with, then you can go with me.
    I plan to go to Disney Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with parkhopper, though I plan to cut Wednesday short to pick up prepaid merchandise.
    I go alone and like it like that because there is no one else to consider, but the company of a fellow Scandinavian would also be fine one of the days.:)[:D]

20. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Hmmm, I always have gone alone because no one can keep up with me! my husband "likes" Star Wars but I would never bring him to a Cele. because he can't keep up and is not that interested. As for Disneyland, I hope to go shopping the day before Cele. and think that I'd miss the crowds(?) I will not attend Star Wars night though, but wish the very best to all that do!

21. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Well that was an adventure. Went through the whole process only to get an email stating there was a problem. Charged and everything and we called and were told there was an issue and we didnt get the tickets. They did tell us they may release more at a later date and to keep an eye on the Disney blog. Went to the “Last tour of Endor” in Orlando and it was great. Was hoping to take the family to this one. If anyone catches wind of available ticket please let me know :)

Padme501st likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If they have additional tickets that they plan to sell, why not sell them to the people they screwed over?

Padme501st likes this.
  23. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Great news!! Received an email today asking us to call them. Called them and they were able to give us the tickets that we originally ordered. They said they had so much traffic that it crashed the system. They are mailing us physical tickets. Good luck everyone!!

Rox , Link1130, Padme501st and 3 others like this.
  24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That's great news!

25. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    I was also able to call the other day. I didn't get any email or call beforehand, but I explained that I placed my order, got a "processing" email, and by the time I got the "there was an error" email, they were sold out. First CS rep said they couldn't do anything, supervisor was able to find my failed order and get me a ticket! I got a confirmation number and she said I'd get the physical ticket in the mail within 2 weeks. No email confirmation, though.

I suspect they know when tickets were actually sold out and would only be willing to fight with people who came in before that time, so the people who tried to place orders after they were sold out would get a REAL "sorry, there's nothing we can do" response.