main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Celebration Anaheim (2022) Appearances and Signings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Gamma626, Jun 13, 2019.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I could see him potentially show up for that panel, but I don't see him signing. They really need him if that 40th TESB panel will be a memorable one. Oz seems like there's no chance, so they really need a couple of Mark, Harrison and George. Otherwise it will just be Anthony and Billy Dee.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, really hope he'll be there otherwise it risks repeating the TPM 20th panel (no offense to Billy Dee and Anthony)

3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Hayden is now doing ACE with Ewan.

ChrisLyne and darthvader88 like this.
  4. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Now the pressure is on for Topps to bring them both to Celebration [face_laugh]

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  5. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Doing this for over 40 something years I think if he isnt outright retiring from doing cons, hes taking a breather...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I guess only doing photos would also help with the reseller problem, since photos are so very personalized.

darthvader88 likes this.
  7. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Yeah. I think if he somehow shows up and does autos, require personalization or something.

8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    There’s way to erase personalization without ruining the photo or the rest of the autos. Collectors do it all the time. The problem is several celebrities require personalization to avoid resells and idiots straight up tells them to their faces that it doesn’t matter, they will just erase it.

I remember Frank Oz signing one of his latest projects a few years back but refusing to sign any Star Wars whatsoever. If I remember correctly he signed a DVD and actually signed on the disc to stop people from cutting the graph out and mounting it with a Yoda picture

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It would, although I've never seen a celeb do just photo ops at a con.

10. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Frank Oz should do photo ops and then only sign photos from the photo ops.

11. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    That could work, but I can see where he is coming from...

12. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
  13. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Ooh that's cool! Nice find!

Padme501st likes this.
  14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Carl Weathers has been announced for ToyCon in Las Vegas in a couple of months. That’s a pretty good sign. If he’s at Celebration I’m definitely going to thank him for delivering the best pick up line ever.

Come on baby, do the magic hand thing...

15. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    That reminds me, I need to send you that gif again lol

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  16. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    He & Ashley Eckstein are booked for Rhode Island Comic Con later this year so it could be a sign he maybe will attend Celebration

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  17. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Omid Abtahi (the scientist in TM) will be in Colorado Springs Comic Con the week before Celebration, 8/21-8/23

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Giancarlo Esposito is doing my local con in Cincy two weeks after Celebration and I'm so excited.

19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    That's cool!

20. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I wonder if they're going to try to get a few of the actors from the Jedi Fallen Order game.. at least Cameron Monaghan. I see he signed for Star Wars Authentics.

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Janina Gavankar signed in Chicago so it's possible.

22. Lazarustoys

Lazarustoys Jedi Knight

Mar 8, 2019
    I am really hoping for signers from Solo, Rogue One and Mandalorian. I see that Giancarlo Esposito is signing at a con in Canada the same weekend so I guess he's out. Thats too bad. People on here thinking that Oz would actually sign or do photo ops must not know that he really dislikes crowds and is a very private person. I was fortunate enough to obtain a personalized 8x10 years ago via mailing his office (wattographs address database was amazing back in the day). I think it's more likely Hamill would sign than him.
    I was hesitant on reedpop and topps handling things last year. But I have to say, I had a great experience in Chicago (except for the app, and the lottery system kind of sucked too). The autograph system with Topps worked well for me and I really appreciated not having to wait too long for bigger signers. That said, they do charge a lot more than what you would pay at a non SW con for a lot of these signers.
    Seeing that ACE got Ewan, I really hope topps can get him for Anaheim, even though I'm sure they'll charge a ton. And now that the new trilogy is completed there really isn't any excuse not to get a lot of signers from the last 3 movies.

Padme501st likes this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Esposito is at that con Fri-Sun, so he could theoretically come Thursday if they do The Mandalorian panel that day.

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Must admit I thought I'd do TESB as the opening panel on Thursday but Mando Season 2 would certainly be big enough to open the show. Arguably even bigger than the anniversary panel to be fair and if they can get Esposito to be there then it makes sense since he looks likely to be a big part of season 2.

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Basically, if TESB is Thursday, that probably means they got Ford and Hamill. Otherwise Mando will be Thursday.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    ChrisLyne likes this.