main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

40th ESB Anniversary Toys Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 21, 2020.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Master_Rebado and whostheBossk like this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  3. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I have the esb official trading card game box set mib from 1995/6 where could I find where the price on it?

Master_Rebado likes this.
  4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Bring back the Vader/Threepio carry cases!!

5. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I like those also. The vader case is awesome, oh who am I kidding I love the Threepio case too

6. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Hasbro revealed their Black Series snowspeeder at NYC Toyfair. This will include a Dak Ralter figure, but the cockpit will have room for two Black Series figures, so pilot Luke could also fit in there. This will retail at $119.99 (USD) and I’ve found it on pre-order for £92.85 (GBP).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  8. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Do we think we’ll get a Boba Fett re-release in this line? I’ve missed him twice now and was hoping this line would finally give me a chance to snag him for a halfway decent price.

9. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I think it’s likely that we’ll see a Boba Fett. Fett is easily one of the most iconic character designs and most sought after figures out there. I believe that there’s another wave of ESB anniversary figures still to come and I suspect that Hasbro may have been keeping him in their back pocket for that.

The 2019 Black Series fan choice poll, had a top ten heavy with ESB characters (Dagobah Luke was the winner, I believe). The top ten included Willrow Hood (ice cream maker guy), Lobot, Bespin Leia, an FX-7 medical droid and an Ugnaught. I wouldn’t be shocked to see one or two of these become figures as well.

Master_Rebado and Trev Elyt like this.
  10. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Really looking forward to TVC 3.75 line. Nice sculps and like 1980 all over again! Especially with the Retro ESB wave. Thoughts on these? Again the figure I really want is the new sculp/figure which is Snowspeeder Luke with the game. So we are expecting these mid to late April?!

11. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm stoked for the Retro line as well! I got all six of the first wave plus the Tarkin that came with that wave's board game. I think I saw an April 24 release date for the game with Snowspeeder Luke and just a "Spring" release date for the six figures. Supposed to be a Wal-Mart exclusive

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I want the ESB board game - I never had that when it came out. The Luke figure looks good.

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  13. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    A Black Series Boba Fett has just been announced. It’s a carbonized version. It’s up for pre-order on some sites.

[​IMG]

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I might have to get that..

15. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    Thanks for the heads up! I’ve gotta say, that carbonized version is pretty tempting — I might have to suck it up and go for it, he’s the only major Original Trilogy character I’m missing from my display.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    I need that tie fighter pilot

17. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    Mine arrived today. This thing is huge. Great detail. I had the original one but this is something else. Waiting on luke to arrive to take his place with Dak.

If they do a black series at at to scale it will be massive

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  18. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    He's great. Picked him up a few weeks ago. The tie fighter pilot was one of my favorite background characters

19. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    Yes we are under the 40 anniversary banner

Trev Elyt likes this.
  20. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    This is the one I have on pre order

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  21. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I have been very tempted to order a Snowspeeder, so it’s good to hear that you’re happy with your purchase. It will be a great piece when you have Dak and Luke together.

I don’t think we’ll see a Black Series AT-AT because of the size, but we could see an AT-ST sometime in the future. I suspect that Hasbro are testing the water with the Snowspeeder. If it sells well (which I think it will), we might see more vehicles further down the line.

I put in a pre-order for the carbonized Boba as well. I have the original, but I couldn’t resist another.

22. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    I saw that! I ended up finding a relatively cheap Boba Fett online, so I’ll leave the 40th Anniversary figure for all the collectors who don’t unbox their figures like I do. But I appreciate the heads up! :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Darthvader1975 likes this.
  23. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    Ah no bother. Anything I can do to help

Trev Elyt likes this.
  24. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    Cheers. Just waiting on luke. The speeder is massive so I'd say an in scale at at would've been maybe a hasbro funded job like the sail barge was and unicron

25. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I just bought the esb 40th yoda figure.

Dannik Jerriko and Master_Rebado like this.