main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rey, Finn, and Poe in future films.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthBorealis, Dec 20, 2019.

1. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Well, Lucas realized he misused Maul and decided to bring him back. I'd love to see the same for Finn.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't believe any actors are gone form Star Wars despite statements to the contrary because we got back Harrison Ford and Ewan McGreggor. But I do think Disney+ is the place for these 3 characters or more importantly a series following Rey soon after TROS and not decades later, I'd love to see her with her (probably double-bladed) yellow lightsaber starting up the Jedi again, or even if she just bosses around Unkar Plutt for 8 episodes.

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I think @BigAl6ft6 out of those three, Rey would make the most sense since her story would be the most interesting going forward however getting Daisy Ridley anytime soon to star in a spinoff TV series could proof to be difficult at least for the short term given her commitments given these are future commitments:

- Daddio
    - Kolma (film with JJ Abrams is supposed to direct)
    - The Lost Wife
    - A Woman of No Importance
    - Super-Normal (Netflix film)
    - Piece of Mind

Granted not all of those films will be made but it just shows how busy Daisy will be the next few years. Plus too I think all of them want a break from Star Wars including Daisy so it will be hard to get her back IMHO.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Darth suffario

Darth suffario Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2020
    from rumors I've heard they are going to make a film about reys parents and her as a child to explain more

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Umm... no. Not unless those are some great sources and we missed that somehow.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Darth Jar-Jar

Darth Jar-Jar Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2020
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Confirmed.

8. DaForce77

DaForce77 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2020
    Would absolutely love to see them again. Would be great if Rey + Finn got together! Im a sap for love stories. Sorry

9. Darth suffario

Feb 4, 2020
    rey and finn wont get together because rey kissed kylo rebember

10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No.

GregMcP likes this.
  11. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I'd like to see Rey and Finn training a new generation of Jedi.

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
  13. Darth suffario

Feb 4, 2020
    that wont happen because the skywalker saga is over

EHT likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  15. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    If we get Episodes X-XII in the next 15-30 years, it will feel weird not to have them as legacy characters. On the other hand, you could jump forward by 50 or more years, and the trio could be deceased.
    None of the actors seem to want to come back, but maybe that's only because this trilogy just ended.

black_saber likes this.
  16. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    None of the characters can hook up except Reylo. Who wants to fight for a universe where romance doesn't exist? That's the world LFL and JJ created.

17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

18. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Thats because their was demand for Maul and he was a popular character. Finn on the other hand, not anywhere near the demand or popularity.

19. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Hand Finn a lightsaber and that changes instantly.

20. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Finn had a lightsaber in TFA and was one of the least searched and lowest polled characters heading into TLJ. His comics don’t sell and his toys don’t either. He’s a fine character but not popular enough to continue

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

...I honestly don't think John would return even if asked to.

Def Trooper likes this.
  22. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Yeah, I don't see why John would want to return to a franchise that treated him and his character like crap.

[​IMG]

Def Trooper likes this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Half true. The Finn character was dull and never going anywhere after Rey took up the lightsabre in TFA, even the token Force sensitivity was too little far too late and a pointless gesture.

But....I'm sure that Boyega was well treated as a leading member of the cast. I doubt he has reason to complain about the working conditions and the re-numeration. ​

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think he might be willing to return if knows his character becomes a jedi knight and he'll be like mace windu character and obi wan character. I mean it is no doubt Finn will become a future jedi and along with Rey might restore the jedi order.

25. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I wasn't really referring to the production of the films as he stated throughout many interviews that he had a great time with the people he worked with.

I was referring to the marketing and lack of real good material for the character. The pretty much shafted John Boyega in the story despite the fact that he was told that he was the "new star of Star Wars". The creatives basically did not deliver on what they promised him and that's why I say they treated him like crap.

Also, the fans really did not help at all.