main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Celebration Anaheim (2022) Appearances and Signings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Gamma626, Jun 13, 2019.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Sounds good to me :)

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think if the anniversary panel is on Thursday, that means that they will have some big names there, if it's on any other day then it's not a main panel and they probably don't have as much focus on it.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan are doing that same con Sat-Sun. They could possibly do Thursday and/or Friday at Celebration.

4. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Given all the pre-order merch I'm expecting them to make a big deal out of ESB's anniversary, but unless they can get Hamill and Ford then it won't be the big event of the weekend.

5. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Wouldn't it be bad if Mark and Harrison showed up at the Disney event and not Cele. or All the big names showed up at Disney and not Cele.!

6. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Why would that happen?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I don't think that will happen either. Nothing about Star Wars Nite suggested film guests and it's been a long time since Disney did Star Wars Weekends. Maybe some might go unannounced just to enjoy it but that might be it.

darthvader88 likes this.
  8. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    At the Galactic Nights event they did at Hollywood Studios the last time Celebration was in Orlando they did do a motorcade with some of the actors including Peter Mayhew, Ray Park and Alan Tudyk participating which I don’t remember being announced before the event. I also attended a panel that Alan Tudyk did for Galactic Nights. However, there’s no way I could see the likes of Mark and Harrison doing the Disney event and not Celebration.

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They didn't announce who the guests would be, but they said there would be some there.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I'll be somewhat surprised if they don't follow the same schedule as Orlando 2017 and do the 40th anniversary panel for ESB on opening day. That also seems like the time they'll do a tribute to Peter Mayhew.

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It just depends on who they get. If it's "only" Billy Dee and Anthony it could be like TPM and be on the last day. Like I said, the day will give us a pretty good idea of the quality of stars.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Honestly, even if they just get Hamill, Billy Dee, and Daniels then I think TESB is the Thursday panel given the anniversary. Mando on Friday. A Clone Wars send-off on Saturday (main cast + Filoni), and maybe a Peter Mayhew tribute panel on Sunday?

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Send your requests:

14. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    It's a safe bet that Daniel's and Billy Dee will likely be there. Ford may not, but given he did attend the 40th in Orlando ( And likely because of Carrie Fisher's death) he may do the ESB Panel, and the Mayhew tribute panel if they have one. Hamill is another maybe...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I just want Harrison to do a panel on Force ghosts.

Padme501st, ChrisLyne and BrentC007 like this.
  16. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
  17. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Don't underestimate Disney, just like they said, ROR ride would'nt be working at Cele. time, it might be! they may have surprises up their sleeves to sell more tickets! but, as you have said, the big names, if they come, just may want to show up- maybe incognito?

18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    They don't need any surprises up their sleeve to sell tickets for Star Wars Nite, it sold out in less than a day. Doesn't mean they don't have anything planned though.

Thursday panel @star_wars_is_good and I were discussing in another thread. Giancarlo Esposito is doing another convention Fri-Sun so if they want him to appear on the Mando Season 2 panel then it will likely be on Thursday. Mando is certainly big enough to be the opening panel so I think it really does depend on who they plan on having appear on the Mando and ESB 40th panels to decide which is Thursday and which is Friday (or even another day over the weekend.)

Clone Wars will be done by then so I'm guessing it may get a smaller panel (like Rebels Remembered) but it won't be one of the big 4. Save that for a new animated show I expect.

19. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I'd expect a panel on Project Luminous honestly

star_wars_is_good and ChrisLyne like this.
  20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I'm interested to read about that tomorrow (unless I can't sleep for some reason and stay up for it but that's probably a really bad idea.....)

Speaking of Luminous, over on the Lit Boards they've found a release date of 08/25 for the first book so if that's not just a place holder then it will almost certainly have an exclusive cover at Celebration.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Padme501st likes this.
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, we should have a better idea tonight of how big of a presence this could have at Celebration.

22. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Tim Zahn just announced on his FB page that he'll be at Celebration. Not unexpected that he'll come, especially with the new Chiss book coming out this year, but his post might mean we'll start hearing about the first wave of guests (authors?) soon.

star_wars_is_good and Padme501st like this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Del Rey are supposed to be making an announcement about Project Luminous later today. I'm sure some of the authors mentioned for that will be at Celebration for panels at least. (There's a thread over in Lit about the project).

ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Authors were announced 11/19 for an April Celebration for Chicago, so we aren't too far off from that timeline. With the Project Luminous announcement tonight I could certainly see them cashing in on that hype to go ahead and make an announcement.

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  25. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    With things in a relatively quiet spot for Star Wars (basically just books, comics, and The Mandalorian until 2022), I could absolutely see them doing a Clone Wars send-off panel as one of the main 4 panels. It's popular enough in the fandom and Filoni and Eckstein are well-known enough to carry something like that. Plus, that would be the perfect time to announce whatever the next animated series is (and if it's the Rebels sequel we all want, maybe a surprise appearance by Tiya Sinclair).

Disney has to sell those Disney+ subs somehow [face_laugh]

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.