main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Things you never noticed in the CT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 11-4D, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014

When the officers pick up Needa, you can see him using his legs. Pretty impressive for a dead guy.

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    For me as well. It took me well into adulthood until I saw this. Interestingly, as far as I understand things, Han is violating the Geneva convention here.

Which scene is this?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    StartCenterEnd and Emperor Ferus like this.
  3. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    Did anyone else ever have the thought that these look like two completely different Yoda puppets?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tython Awakening likes this.
  4. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    I like how he's got the collar done up, though. Lando may be a scoundrel, but he doesn't go for the "scruffy" look.

It's mainly the eyes, I think. There was a problem with them and it seems they couldn't completely fix it:

“We had problems with his eyes,” says Marquand. “Suddenly they would stick on one side or the other. But because Yoda is a very old man and on his death bed, you feel, well, his eyes can go slightly off center.”

Other than that, he seems a little more gaunt, but I think that was intentional, because he's obviously supposed to be very sick.

5. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Aren't those both images from ESB, though?

6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    YES!!! Haha. That's right after Luke figures out it's Yoda in ESB and Yoda gets all scary with "You will be. You will be"

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  7. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Haha, you're right! I didn't look that hard, must just be the lighting.

But AFAIK they did make a couple new puppets for ROTJ, and the thing about the eyes was true.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  8. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I remember that from one of the Making of videos that, in addition to issues with the eyes sticking, part of the problem was Frank Oz having to control Yoda while under a 2 or 3 foot high platform.

afterlight likes this.
  9. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    To create the fade-out when Yoda dies I heard they had to pull the Yoda muppet down through the bed. Apparently on set this looked hilarious. Somewhere I read that either during the filming or in early edits when it wasn't quite right yet this elicited laughter. Off topic I guess but all the puppet talk made me think of this.

10. Deanna Montgomery

Deanna Montgomery Jedi Master star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    Luke just landing after blowing up the Death Star and running up to Leia and calling her "Carrie."

11. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    That's not what he actually says. Urban myth.

LedReader likes this.
  12. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    No, Mark Hamill himself admitted it. Claims otherwise were probably a face-saving attempt on the part of Lucasfilm. (Rather like how right up until JW Rinzler's The Making of ESB came out, official histories had it that George Lucas giving Luke facial injuries in at the start of the film had nothing to do with Mark Hamill's car accident.)

13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Except... he pretty clearly just yells "Hey!" to my ears. It's no different from all the "Ewoks speaking English" subjective audio stuff.

14. Jedi_Prophet77

Jedi_Prophet77 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2017
    I was initially annoyed that Luke's hair kept changing its length in the ST ... until I realized that Obi-Wan's hair also changes length in the CT (OT?).

15. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    Most probably, it's impossible for Hamill to recall what he said on set, on that particular take.

I tend to take what actors/directors/producers say with a grain of salt, specially if they are talking many years after the events. Humans have a wonderful tendency to embelish the truth. And actors have to give so many interviews and tell the same story so many times, they probably end up believing their made-up versions after a while.
    For example, we've heard a few very detailed versions of how the "I love you", "I know" scene came to be, yet we now know it's not what really happened (the script never said "I love you too", the "I know" line was discussed beforehand...). I don't think anyone is intentionally lying, just telling a simplified version of the story in a way that is more interesting and amusing.

TOASTEROVEN likes this.
  16. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I was watching the OT today, and I never noticed until today. Chewie never once fires his bowcaster in the OT. Or if he did, I missed it.

Count Yubnub and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  17. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    ....wow, you're right!

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014

Chewbacca fires his bowcaster on Endor.

19. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I stand corrected. Chewbacca fires it once in the entire trilogy.

20. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    Strangely enough I follow Mark Hamill on Twitter and on multiple occasions he’s responded to people asking about the “Carrie” thing by saying that it isn’t true. So if he’s said otherwise in that past he clearly isn’t doing a good job keeping his stories straight.

oierem likes this.
  21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Just watch the movie. It's 1000% clear Luke shouts out "Hey". How can anyone even say this is actual thing?

Sarge likes this.
  22. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    How can anyone forget Chewie drilling that Biker Scout on Endor, it was one of the coolest OT moments.

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IIRC, Chewie fired two quick shots at the biker scout. That "supercut" seems to have edited out the second shot when it jumped to the next scene.

Django Fett likes this.
  24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I never noticed these Ishi Tin's in ROTJ until the other day...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I always wanted an action figure of Lando in Han's clothes.

As to the reason, Lando went into his old bedroom and was expecting to be able to choose from his vast collection of capes but Han had used that room for years and all the capes were gone.