main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge WIPuary! (Finish WIPs, get colors!)—IT’S A WRAP! Thanks to all who took part!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Jan 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks for the updates, folks! I've got them all in now, or at least I think I do; if anything doesn't look right, just let me know.

@Pandora, from the figures you mention, I'm guessing you mean 3971? (That cabin looks really cool, by the way—you're ambitious to "rough it" that much, but I know you've been doing this for a while now! :) ) And @Kit', I now have your total at 2018; does that seem about right?

Just another day and a half left—we're down to the wire, now! :D

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Kahara, Pandora, Kit' and 3 others like this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    @Findswoman Remember to update my word count since I am at 5,687 words now.

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yep, got it fixed now—sorry about that!

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  4. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I wrote another 432 words on Wolf Brother, which brings me up to 4154 words. That’s the good news. The bad news is I’m still stuck. I tried writing from a different character’s POV, but it’s not working any better for me and I don’t have a lot of hope that I’m going reach my goal.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Yep 2018 sounds right. Just scraped in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, index updated! Looking good as we head into the final stretch for real! :)

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Findswoman - my review number is correct but for Mira, her review count is actually 4.
    (Diary of a Very Sympathetic Padawan, Shadow of a Doubt, A Private Place, Knightfall I) @};-

Kahara likes this.
  9. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah, my mistake! Sorry about that; fixed now. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  10. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    @Findswoman : Yes, I did indeed mean 3971 (and I have edited the post to reflect that). And thanks for updating my word count with the number I intended to type, but did not actually type.

(The cabin is indeed very cool--and it is also one of the more rustic Forest Service cabins I have been to. I'll be going to another cabin in May that has both electricity and indoor plumbing, which is the equivalent of a spa and chocolates scattered on the pillows for me. It should be an interesting time: I have been there before--this will be my third time--but my tuxedo kitten-cats haven't, so they will have much to explore and many scents to sniff.)

(Many scents--this is a dog friendly cabin.)

(Yes, to anyone reading this who might be understandably confused: I go on trips with my cats. I have a special needs cat for whom I am the sole caretaker/companion animal, so either she goes, or I can't. And if she goes, then so does her Sister from a Different Litter.)

[If I actually write something today, that word count will go here.]

Kit' , Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  11. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Good thing it's the weekend now since I've got 6 reviews to go -- and two stories I haven't worked on yet. (Though the other one is kind of moving along, at least as my writing speed goes! :) )

Edit: Also, I messed up recording my word counts after the first one -- I lost track of how many words I had before WIPuary started, though I knew at that point. It can't have been more than 372 words or so from what I've reconstructed from old files and edits, so that's what I'll be going from from now on. Anyway, I will remember figure that into my count next time I post one so you don't have to do the math!

12. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, I updated your word count (very good work!), but unfortunately, of those three reviews, I can only count the one that’s part of the actual WIPuary index, which is “This Soft Season Will Come” (putting you at 3 of 5).

However—even though I know it’s almost March in your time zone—the challenge isn’t officially over till midnight PST, which is a good 20 1/2 hours from the timestamp of this post. So you’ve still got oodles of time to review two more stories from the list to make your goal!

14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Finished another 1080 words, bringing my total to 5077. Less than 1000 words to my goal!![face_dancing] I think by midnight tonight PST, I should be able to do it.

Mira_Jade , Kahara, Kit' and 3 others like this.
  15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've reviewed Gem of My Beaches by Findswoman
    and
    The Winter Queen by Pandora

I'm not going to get my two stories done by the end of tonight, but I certainly made some decent progress which is a win to me! Note to self, maybe do word count next time, at least while your muse is being this way. ;)

16. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    2,834 and counting on word count -- and I have added 229 and 238 respectively to the two that I hadn't worked on yet. :) (Speaking of which, I've picked two titles -- the one formerly known as Cityscape is now Cloud Nine and one of the unnamed ones is Drifters and Stardust.) Also, six reviews still due but it seems possible! :)

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, updated the index! I think, at least; just one question about yours, @Kahara:

So, I have your previous count as 2453, and adding 229 and 238 to that is giving me 2920 instead of 2834? Or do you now have 2834 on the first one, plus 229 on the second and 238 on the third for a total of 3301? Just curious so I can make sure to put the right number down for you, thanks! :)

18. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Hi, @Findswoman! Basically, there was a starting count of 372 (estimated) on that one story that I wasn't taking into consideration after the first post -- but now I think I have it right. I've done some more writing this evening and think I've made the to the end for the word count.

The new counts on each (and I've done the math this time, subtracting the original counts for each to get the total):
    Unnamed WIP: 2366
    Drifters and Stardust: 238
    Cloud Nine (Cityscape prompt): 669

Total: 3273

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah, OK, got it! Thanks so much for the clarification, @Kahara. I’ve got the new total figure in for you now. Great job and congrats on making your goal! [face_party]

As for myself, I’m pleased to report that I’ve made it to 1252 on “Dinner with the Trilashas,” just over my 1000-word goal for that story, and I think that is going to be my final WIPuary word count, because I’m tired and about ready to go to bed. I-) See all you fine folks tomorrow, when I’ll do the final totals and send the colors info off to the mods! Thank you all for making this an amazing challenge. =D=

20. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Ahh, too late at night and too tired to read properly.

Did give me a good excuse to go hunting for fica today though.

Reviewed - Wolf Brother and Winter Queen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Success! :) With 14 minutes to spare, I have written 935 words, bringing my total word count to 6012.[face_dancing] This was so much fun. Got me back into my writing and produced a completed chapter on The First Knights of Ren and Knightfall I: Sins of the Father, as well as a nearly completed chapters on both stories. Got very little done on Sons in Shadow, but did manage a few paragraphs on it. Best progress on these stories in years.

Congrats to everyone who made progress and to those who accomplished their word count, review and completion goals. =D==D=

Mira_Jade , Findswoman and Kit' like this.
  22. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
  23. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I managed to squeeze out, through endless rewriting, 167 words on "Water Flowing Underground" before 12 AM hit. My final word count is 4138.

24. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    ALL RIGHTY DOO! And with that, my friends, WIPuary is officially a wrap! Thank you all so much for making this challenge such a success—some truly amazing work was done and some really considerable progress made. Congratulations to all who made their goals, and well done even if you didn’t, because every bit of progress counts! =D= =D= =D= [face_party]

The index has been updated with the final counts; again, please let me know if I’ve missed anything. I’ve sent the final tally of colors recipients to the mods, so they should be contacting you about colors in not too long.

And stay tuned for future WIP months! This challenge, like the Terminator, will BE BACK...! :cool:

Many thanks once again,
    Finds