main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 60+ Years of James Bond 007

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Dec 1, 2012.

1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    @VadersLaMent

So uuuhhhh......are you getting a refund or is your cinema just going to book you for the November session?

SuperWatto likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah I literally saw Bond tix on sale for the April date last night, this is incredibly strange.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I got a refund.

4. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Because apparently COVID is contactable via celluloid, light and sound.

Seriously, STUPID decision, unless they're doing more edits and re-shoots by stealth.

What? COVID will be totally cured by November?

VadersLaMent likes this.
  5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Celluloid, light and sound have nothing to do with transmission.
    But large gatherings of people in close proximity definitely help increase the rate of transmission.
    Which is why one of the first things China did was to shut down the nation's cinemas.
    But in the US, the federal, state and/or city governments probably wouldn't have the authority to do so preemptively. Ergo, a greater chance of transmission at large gatherings like theaters, concert venues, etc.

I'm not even going to touch why you'd think it's "stupid" to try to keep people from catching a potentially deadly communicable disease.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It must suck to know that you have a movie coming out but it does not have to be delayed for COVID because you don't expect a block busting turnout.

7. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Mate...I was being sarcastic :)

True but what's the cut-off? I mean, why November?

In Melbourne, there was even talk of cancelling this year's Grand Prix for similar reasons but it's still going ahead, and for good reason.

The cyber term viral is hardly arbitrary; once it's out, it's out.

I just don't see how delaying a film to a future date is helping to quell spread of disease when there's every chance that the virus, at that stage, could potentially be even more widespread than it is now.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    From the Deadline article:
    This is purely an economic decision we understand, and not one based on growing fears over the coronavirus. Bond is a day-and-date worldwide release, and with the franchise back in the hands of MGM fully post Sony’s distribution of the last four Daniel Craig movies, along with Universal, all parties involved need to have all foreign territories working at their maximum in order for the latest Bond to be a continued box office success. For a tentpole of this size and scope, that kind of decrease in business would have a significant and detrimental impact on the film’s ultimate global take.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    True but:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...k/news-story/c4457a162c4a2e8021b34de90e09e851

The statement DOES cite purely economic reasons ;)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    So that just confirms what I said in the previous post. Thank you for making my point for me....

11. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    You needed it :)

Anyhow, I guess we still have Ghostbusters to look forward to provided that doesn't get delayed.

12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm sure there's not a ghost of a chance... [face_skull]

PCCViking likes this.
  13. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
  14. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Disappointing to hear its been delayed but understandable considering COVID-19 and the business point of view.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe they'll use the extra six months to I dunno cut 30 minutes outta it fer crissakes. I mean, if they really just want to make as much bank as possible it should be under 2 and a half hours total.

cwustudent and DebonaireNerd like this.
  16. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Despite its flaws, what I love about Quantum of Solace is its pulp-like structure; visceral, short and straight to it.

BigAl6ft6 and RokurGepta like this.
  17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Any truth in the rumour that it’s going to be renamed No Time to Die Another Day?

18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    It's not a matter of whether COVID-19 is cured by November, it's a matter of whether people will still be panicked and theatres closed by November. People get used to stuff and move on. Eon don't need the virus to be completely eliminated, they just need the novelty to wear off and for some degree of normalcy to return. Well, provided the real problem isn't that NTTD's plot centres around a weaponised virus.

19. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    created by a rogue Chinese scientist :p

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Swann. I guess the easy one is that she has been Bond's handler for Spectre the whole time. Maybe she is Dr No? Kind of a meta-thing but it'd be a twist.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Maybe Swann was in fact Vesper's handler, she planted Vesper.

Aside from that what if Swann is the daughter of M/Dench, and she was a part of Spectre as well doing just enough to keep the peace but letting Spectre slip through the cracks.

PCCViking likes this.
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    That would mean Bond would have serious trust issues in MI6. He wouldn't know if he could even trust Q, Moneypenny or M.