main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Just wait till Sunday and we can DM. There are plenty of people in here giving it high praise, so don’t worry about my take.

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Ok then...;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  3. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    I wouldn't go quite that far, but I certainly agree that there were important elements either missing or not optimally executed. It was almost as though it all ran out of steam before it could rise to something truly spectacular and transcend rapid-paced eye candy. I wanted a genuine ending, and I don't believe I got one.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm glad I went in spoiler-free.

BigAl6ft6, obi1jedinite, Kole and 3 others like this.
  5. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm so glad I was spoiler-free! I wasn't held down by rumors and plot leaks, I just watched the movie and enjoyed it. I saw it again tonite after reading the Visual Dictionary yesterday, and it was wonderful to watch again. I'm gonna see it again!

6. AnakinTheChosenOne

AnakinTheChosenOne Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2019
    Yeah, I loved it i had an awesome time. 2nd favorite in the saga right now tbh.

7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree, I felt the ending was like, an edited version of what they really wanted it to be. If they had taken a bit more time with it, it would have been perfect. Still it was fitting though.

There were a just a few moments where I was left with a kind of...."come on..." (meaning certain moments that kind of stretched believability), and others where I was kind of " :confused:", but ultimately I thought it was awesome, and many fantastic and memorable things about it!

If I had to describe TROS in one single word, it would be:

"EPIC."

And I truly believe my enjoyment of it will likely increase, if I see it again! I would place this as my #3 in the whole saga, under ROTS and ESB.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It got quiet in here all of a sudden. I wonder what happened.

BigAl6ft6 and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  9. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Gonna be quiet until 2022 unfortunately. Wish this side of the forum had more posters. The spoilers allowed section is filled with a lot of nastiness.

10. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm just glad we had The Mandalorian, that seemed to unite us.

BigAl6ft6 and Sarge like this.
  11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    All the speculation options have been effectively murdered. B&W dropping out, Rian putting dampers on any mention, etc. And chatting about the High Republic with almost no extra info has run it's course.

When Project Luminous is unveiled, maybe it will just be about books and comics but maybe it will be something wider. Maybe it will allow us to project huge conclusions from minimal information for a while again.

12. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    I've seen TROS 4x now. Might see it one more time before it leaves theaters, will have to see how things pan out.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I've seen it ten times. I think I'm going to try at least one more time before it leaves theaters. If it stays in theaters through next weekend though I might try for a nice round twelve. :p

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    3 times for me, and it's gone now.

15. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Saw it again tonight. Will check it again next weekend maybe if it’s still available. It’s no longer showing at my preferred theater. Can’t decide if I want to rank it at 8th or 9th among the films. It’s truly a mixed bag for me. I do love watching Star Wars on the big screen though, and have loved this cast!

16. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    3 times for me also :p

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I have a 2 dollar google movies rental coming to me so I am thinking I'll use it for a TROS digital rental before the blu ray comes out for my 7th viewing. (trying to watch it at least once a month all 2020!)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    TheYodaPagoda and Darth Buzz like this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Updated the thread title. Hopefully it can get a more specific title soon. :p

19. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018

Well it’s a start! Solid picks IMO!

Lulu Mars and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  20. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I am proud to say, I was spoiler free for the entire trilogy, as well as RO, and Solo. It was hard. It was challenging, but I'm happy I did. I think it makes it much more enjoyable when you have no preconceived ideas of what to expect in the movie.

21. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Spoiler free FTW!
    I was fairly spoiler free for TFA (I saw the first teaser, knew the names of Rey, Finn, Kylo & Poe and was aware of terms like First Order Stormtrooper and Resistance), super spoiler free for RO (I saw the first few seconds of the first teaser) and very spoiler free for TLJ and Solo (I saw the first teaser for both). I probably got as much enjoyment out of those movies as I could, all things considered.

When it was leak time for TROS, however, I had lost all interest in new Star Wars content, so I decided to spoil myself rotten for the heck of it, just to see what it's like to know everything that's gonna happen in a movie before you see it.
    Now I know! A couple of months before the premiere, the leaks, it turned out, accurately reflected the finished film. I knew everything about the story, from beginning to end. There were absolutely NO surprises (except for the frantic pace, I guess).
    In this particular case, I don't know if it affected my view of the film all that much, since I didn't really care about it, but it was an interesting experience nonetheless.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  22. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    The line just got a little longer.....

23. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014

what was the original title? :p

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Originally it was "a social countdown to Episode VII", and was then updated with each upcoming film after that.

Dandelo likes this.
  25. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018

We know what we are in line for! Patty Jenkins A+ choice!!

Sarge likes this.