main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Nov 28, 2018.

1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well, I think its important that I bring this out but did you guys know that the Galaxy of Adventures got nominated for an Annie Award. This is awesome, Titmouse, also had Niko and the Sword of Light nominated for an Annie award also. This is fantastic.

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ooo, good chance of seeing Vi Moradi then.

indydefense likes this.
  4. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Glad there will be some General Leia coverage, since her appearance in ROS had to be limited - they can do anything with animation though. I look forward to more of these shorts, but I am not a fan of the toy line that goes with it. Wish they'd go back to the 3.75 figures packed with a comic - far better than 5 inch animated figures. Imagine Luke & Leia in training gear with a comic the details that adventure!

indydefense likes this.
  5. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I could see 2 shorts about the rides. Maybe Dok Ondar since he's also such a prominent character. Hondo! :D

6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Really not interested in this now if it is going for ST only. I think the series should be doing new things in every era, or maybe adapt some of the novel and comic stories.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I think it would be weird if it was just ST since the first 2 runs bounced around the eras. I wonder if they'll get the original actors back who did their roles like Ridley and Boyega or they'll have to get soundalikes.

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Really odd to limit it to ST stories now that the ST is over. Wouldn’t that have been more appropriate in the lead up to TROS? As a hype-builder?

9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    We know there will be shorts celebrating ESB's 40th anniversary. I would like more PT shorts but I understand why they want to focus more on the ST era. Plus, it doesn't mean they won't show any PT scenes like they did in the first batch.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  10. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    This is awesome I thought this was dead which would have been a shame.

11. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    I read in the star wars insider that 18 more of these shorts are coming soon with three of them in Batuu. There are going to be additional ones covering TESB 40th year anniversary which is good. I, agree that this should have came out last year for the lead up to TROS and it kind of makes it a bit obsolete to do it now that the movie is out. But, this style of animation is not easy to do and not too common anymore unless your watching some sort of kids show. We haven't seen anything like this since the micro series of TCW which I still consider the mack daddy of star war animation. So getting more even after the movie has come out is awesome.

I do hope tonight that Titmouse can win the Annie Awards for the show. Star Wars animation has only won it once with the micro-series and has never won it again, even though they were nominated several times for the other shows. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed for both the shorts and Niko and the Sword of light. I always said that those guys need a contract for a star wars animated series. Don't know why that hasn't been looked at with the awesome quality of the animation

12. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I love that character. It would be neat to see some of her adventures from Phasma and Black Spire made into Galaxy of Adventure shorts.

13. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    You know the Annie awards sucks. They gave awards to stuff that I had never heard of. Frozen 2 got hit at the beginning. Sadly, Galaxy of Adventures did not win. Ohh well

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    As fun as GoA is, Love Death and Robots is leagues above it, so that was a deserved win.

Just think of it as a belated win for the guys who made those TOR cinematics.

vong333 and indydefense like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This is hilarious. “I never heard of it so it can’t be good!”

vong333 likes this.
  16. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Can’t wait for the next batch

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I feel like these should’ve come about before TROS.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love the Leia trainning Rey section.

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    lowkey post TROS content? I thought it was going to be SKB but Poe and BB-8 are there, and we get more flying stormtroopers, who the gang only first encountered in TROS. Plus Rey and Poe are in their TROS getup.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_tired] let me know when they go back to real Star Wars.

Vorax likes this.
  24. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Wait, so if some shorts take place before TROS...

"They fly now?!" suddenly makes no sense

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Hey Rose! if she gets 7 lines she passes her dialogue count in TROS I believe.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.