main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Gun Control

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
  2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Because prayers, even earnest prayers have done so much to stop all these mass shootings, even after all this time. And politicians are the ones holding any of decent gun laws back and this continues.

How very insensitive... not one ******* bit!

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Here... I'll even do a double post, just to make it loud and clear...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Don't forget-
    6. Claim that if only there had been a "good guy with a gun" there, everything would be fine. America needs more guns!

Which is like pouring gasoline on a burning house, but that's American conservatives for you.

6. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    [​IMG]

7. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    And here comes Hef sliding into the thread with all the grace of a rampaging elephant, posting a meme that's not only such basic trite that I have to assume it's either custom or directly from the_donald, but also manages to completely miss the point. For all of you with bingo cards, that's gotta be at least three or four spaces crossed off. Winners can collect their prizes when hell freezes over, or Hef starts contributing to intellectual discourse. Whichever happens first.

Edit: Did some sleuthing. Image uploaded right before he posted, no matching results via reverse image search. Ladies and gentlemen, Hef was so '''triggered''' that he went out and made his own NPC meme. Incredible.

8. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, Hef ... that meme is completely irrelevant to gun control. Not sure what you were going for there. It should go in the political ****posting thread. It would still be fatuous and unfunny there, but at least it would be on topic.

Edit: I have no problem with people who make memes. I make memes. I’ve made memes targeted to specific threads. Custom memes can be the greatest of all memes. But not this meme. This is a terrible meme.

9. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Well you see yorick, the meme actually transcends threads. It's exposing the deep underbelly of us 'libs. It's incredible how, in four panels, it's managed to completely illuminate our true goal: destroy religion. It's not that 'thoughts and prayers' has in itself become a meme symbolizing the passivity our society takes when confronting gun violence. It's that we want to stop all prayer everywhere. I don't know where we went so wrong, but Hef beat us. Personally, I've already sold all of my assets and will soon be deleting all of my accounts to live out a life of solitude contending for the shame that has been wrought upon me.

Runjedirun, Rew, blackmyron and 3 others like this.
  10. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    [​IMG]

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Kinda telling that Hef colored the drowning person's face brown.

12. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Wait—is it telling that Hef wants to drown brown people? Or that he thinks that gray-faced atheists (aliens?) want to drown brown people? Or did he put that brown scribble there because he thought the drowning guy was ugly?

NOW I’M THE ONE WHO’S DROWNING WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEEAN

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Earnest prayers" - for **** sake, prayers DON'T DO ANYTHING, @Hef.
    They only serve to make the one doing the praying think that they're contributing so that they don't actually have to do anything. It's "helping" for people who don't want to help out for real. And any politician offering prayers instead of doing something about the huge ****ing gun problem in the US should have to leave office immediately. Chase them out with torches and pitchforks if necessary.

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003

15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I just brushed up on this. It’s the context for an excerpt from verse 26 of the same chapter: “Faith without works is dead.”

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That's also what Luke did.

Can we just stop going on about thoughts and prayers and other predictable conservative responses? The point has been made. It has become trite. At this point, it is what it is.

Runjedirun likes this.
  17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    The same thing can be said about pretty much everything posted in this thread, and I guess that's the joke. A shooting happens, this thread gets upped, we have the exact same discussions, and nothing changes. It's depressing af.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So, no one's gone around shooting people to 'protect' them from coronavirus yet?[face_devil]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    None that have made the news yet, at least.

22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Aw ****, yeah, this thread would need that response because yes it could happen.

23. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    So last night my older son and I went to go see Dave Chappelle. I was particularly amped about it because he announced the 4 Milwaukee shows about a week ago and I was lucky to get tickets. It was an impromptu visit to the city on his part because he's donating the entirety of the proceeds from these shows to the families of the people gunned down at the Miller-Coors shooting a couple weeks ago.

He also puts on a hell of a great show, it was wonderful. Nice to share that with my 16-year-old who seems to be growing up in a vastly different time than I did.

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Glad your event wasn't cancelled due to the coronavirus - a lot have been.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005